Zook Body mods - can I fit a 3" B/L & 31's on stock susp?

All Zook talk
Zookute97
Getting to know the place

Zook Body mods - can I fit a 3" B/L & 31's on stock susp?

Unread post by Zookute97 » December 19th, 2012, 5:28 pm

Hi I'm wondering if i buy a 3" body lift and add 31's to the Zook ute could i keep the original suspension or would i have to change that to.
Please answer i need help thanks
Zookute97

Peter Aawen
Admin

Re: Zook Body mods - can I fit a 3" B/L & 31's on stock susp

Unread post by Peter Aawen » December 19th, 2012, 6:06 pm

Body Lifts aren't all that great from an engineering point of view, and the taller you go with one the less likely it is to get approved, the more damaging they'll be in the long run due to the leverage factor of any vibrations, and worse they'll be from the overall capability of your vehicle due to the higher CoG (better than big suspension lifts for that tho!)

Why not look at cutting the guards a bit first - it generally isn't all that hard to do, and trimming the guards will often mean you can fit a bigger tyre without doing anything else to the suspension, body lift, or anything else. Still, if you want 31's you will probably need to look at suspension too, as well as consider steering and braking mods, maybe even gearing changes too in order to make sure that your vehicle can still turn the larger tyres, and of course there's the legal & insurance factors to consider as well - but I'd be trimming the guards before doing anything more than a 40mm body lift! ;)
An Ex-Service person is someone who thought enough about their country & how great it is, how lucky we are to live here, to write a blank cheque made out to 'The People and Commonwealth of Australia' for the value of 'Up to & including my Life!'

THE RIG
Need to get out more

Re: Zook Body mods - can I fit a 3" B/L & 31's on stock susp

Unread post by THE RIG » December 19th, 2012, 10:57 pm

we fitted 31s to my friends zook with a 2'' suspension lift. we just bent the inner guard lip in with a hammer. it slightly scrubs sometimes but its still low which is good for a swb

Return to “General Suzuki”