Cruze AWD

All Zook talk
ZookFastback
Been here a while

Cruze AWD

Unread post by ZookFastback » December 4th, 2011, 10:09 am

My Jimny is having a bit of a rest while I search for a new camshaft so I am buzzing around in my 2002 Holden Cruze AWD. I have never taken this all wheel drive off the bitumen but am thinking of wandering the Costerfield state forest in it next weekend. The ground clearance at 188mm is a little low but there are heaps of alternative tracks so I think I will give it a go. The Cruze is a Suzuki Ignis derivative with all wheel drive, widened and lengthened and with a bigger motor and larger tyres.

It was modified by Holden to be sold in the USA as a Chevrolet Cruze and in Oz as the Holden Cruze.

Ian from Frankston :crazy:

Ordinary Jimnys go "Ok"
but Santana Jimnys go "Ole!"

It's hard to run like an Emu
when you are GIRT by Numbats

ZookFastback
Been here a while

Re: Cruze AWD

Unread post by ZookFastback » December 11th, 2011, 6:08 pm

Back from Costerfield State Forest. Hadn't counted on 2" of rain and a 3 hour storm, lol. The little Cruze performed quite well in the mud, the Pirelli P6 All Seasons did better than I expected. Tent proved to be NOT WATERTIGHT, a small amount leaked in from the bottom and I will have to seal the seams but that is no big deal, an easy fix. The tracks throughout the forest are in excellent condition, only 2 sections were too deeply rutted for me to go through in this low-clearance car but there were alternative routes. I'm looking forward to coming back here at Xmas in my Jimny, before I go over to South Ausy.
Ian from Frankston :crazy:

Ordinary Jimnys go "Ok"
but Santana Jimnys go "Ole!"

It's hard to run like an Emu
when you are GIRT by Numbats

Return to “General Suzuki”