i want to buy a new disc 4

The original 4WD
joeT
Been here a while

Unread post by joeT » August 6th, 2010, 11:05 pm

Well seemed to of open a can of worms, SORRY about that, wasn't my intentions at all, But so all know an who have relpied i'm staying with the 105 at present. Just for the record i think the D4 is a fantastic 4x4 but points that have been brough up in the thread have had some good facts THE biggest let down is the AFTERmarket gear there just an't any.... there is no way i'll be spending a good 100g's ON ANY 4X4 without beging able to protect it to the best of my ablilities. The 105 has been a great car for me an so it stays. well for 6mths ha thanks all for your imput. Joe

garrycol
Avid Poster

Unread post by garrycol » August 8th, 2010, 9:14 pm

So what aftermarket gear do you want that you cannot get. Tanks, bars, racks, spare wheel carriers, winches etc are all available. A e-locker is available for the rear and the standard TC almost negates the need for lockers anyway. The air suspension is as good as a medium lift without some of the disadvantages.

So what else do you think is needed.

Cheers

Garry

DVSV8
Been here a while

Unread post by DVSV8 » August 8th, 2010, 10:14 pm

garrycol wrote:So what aftermarket gear do you want that you cannot get. Tanks, bars, racks, spare wheel carriers, winches etc are all available. A e-locker is available for the rear and the standard TC almost negates the need for lockers anyway. The air suspension is as good as a medium lift without some of the disadvantages.

So what else do you think is needed.

Cheers

Garry

do you have a link to an E-locker to suit a d3/4? as far as im aware there a option for a new vehicle but cannot be fitted afterwards.

Psimpson7

Unread post by Psimpson7 » August 9th, 2010, 8:27 am

DVSV8 wrote:do you have a link to an E-locker to suit a d3/4? as far as im aware there a option for a new vehicle but cannot be fitted afterwards.

This is correct. I assume Garry is meaning that it is available from the factory.

garrycol
Avid Poster

Unread post by garrycol » August 9th, 2010, 12:48 pm

That is correct and is appropriate as the original poster was looking at a new D4.

Garry

cnsperio
Here and there

Unread post by cnsperio » August 10th, 2010, 10:28 am

I have a D4 on order, and will be getting it at the beginning of next month. At present, bullbar is available from ECB through TJM, extended tanks are available as well. Kaymar do not make a rear bar, and a non genuine snorkel is not available as yet. I want to put an additional tank, which will be where the spare is, and put two wheels mounted off a KayMar bar. I have ordered the 2.7 base model , with rear diff lock, as the wheels are 18in, and everyone I have read says they are less likely to cause problems. I have owned a V8 LR series one, a DT5 series 2, and a 100 series petrol cruiser. The LR's I have had were not without problems, although neither was the cruiser. I find the LR a nicer car to drive, and doesn't feel like a boat in size. The third row leg room is outstanding (I have a very tall 13 year old boy, with basketball friends). I wonder how much of the reliability issue is scare mongering, as the published reviews have been universally flattering, bar the 19inch low profile tyres.

joeT
Been here a while

Unread post by joeT » August 11th, 2010, 9:28 am

Some of the gear still to be finalized are such as a Second batt fitted (3.oL D4) i know you can do it in the 2.7L but diff engine as space in the 3L. Rear bar as last post also brings up so i can put the spares on the back an get the long ranger tank put in BUT, this bar also needs to have the tow hitch. the others seen so far are way to low as yes i do tow an off road jayco. I know there out there just hard to get 1 that covers all the base. AND the largest prob are with the rim size 19" NOW getting MUDDIES for those is proving VERY HARD but i have read that some after market rims at an 18" may soon out there.?????

mowog
I'm new, be nice!

Unread post by mowog » August 12th, 2010, 10:04 am

All very interesting reading indeed. I hadn't seen that LC200 Lemon site before.

I have had my D4 3.0 TDV6 SE for just over 6 months now. It is a good thing.

Off Road gear availability...

Aux Tank 108L from Longranger.
The Kaymar rear bar is now available
Front bar is now available
Winch mounts (hidden) available
18" wheels for the 3.0l D4 on the way.

Seems to me most of the essentials are out there.

TUFF HJ60
Part of the furniture

Unread post by TUFF HJ60 » August 15th, 2010, 12:38 pm

[quote="cnsperio"]I have a D4 on order,

WHY:crazy:

garrycol
Avid Poster

Unread post by garrycol » August 15th, 2010, 1:07 pm

TUFF HJ60 wrote: WHY:crazy:
What a silly question.

BMKal
Part of the furniture

Unread post by BMKal » August 16th, 2010, 3:28 am

garrycol wrote:What a silly question.

Yeah. Didn't you know - anyone with any brains would be looking to get into a 60 Series. :crazy:

cnsperio
Here and there

Unread post by cnsperio » August 16th, 2010, 8:48 am

I accept their shortcomings, but I just don't buy into perocial sledging. I have found that the most vocal opponents haven't even been behind the wheel of one. As the saying goes, "Don't criticize someone until you have walked a mile in their shoes. Then you are a mile away, AND you have their shoes."

mowog
I'm new, be nice!

Unread post by mowog » August 16th, 2010, 9:19 am

It is interesting to read the comments from potential LC200 buyers who end up In a D4. Many of those being long term Toyota owners. None of them regret buying a D4.

However there are an awful lot of very unhappy LC200 owners. Just something for the negative souls to consider.
Ian.

http://www.fluidr.com/photos/mowog

TUFF HJ60
Part of the furniture

Unread post by TUFF HJ60 » August 18th, 2010, 11:04 am

Now now i was only messin around!
:p

Mikey0211
Part of the furniture

Unread post by Mikey0211 » August 18th, 2010, 7:07 pm

I thought you guys would have learnt by now.. If you want any informative infomation on landrovers dont post on this site..

The End

Return to “General Land Rover”