Now Owning a 95 Disco seeking info

The original 4WD
3lud13
Here and there

Now Owning a 95 Disco seeking info

Unread post by 3lud13 » June 14th, 2014, 3:28 pm

So I have just bought myself a 95 series1 Discovery (kind of on a whim really) So currently my knowledge of them is extremely limited.
I was looking for a 4wd and this one popped up on a random search though not exactly what I was searching for (honestly I was searching mostly GQ and 80series) I am extremely happy with my purchase.
It is a 95 Auto 300tdi series1 Disco and after driving it home the 800odd km on 1 tank of fuel and not having any problems anywhere along the way I couldn't be happier. Its even my first auto 4wd so abit of a new learning curve there too I guess.
Now I have the problems of finding parts and information on them most part websites I am finding are uk based which is understandable being made there but wondering if anyone knows of anything Australian based.
I have found the ALRO forums but other than that I havent found anything really for information or anything.
Would love it if anyone could send me in the right direction for information or even anyone living locally that knows or owns one local to me would also be great as have a couple little issues would like some advice on.
I am located Eastern Melbourne In Hawthorn if anyone is local.

4wd Hobbit
Been here a while

Re: Now Owning a 95 Disco seeking info

Unread post by 4wd Hobbit » June 14th, 2014, 7:08 pm

AULRO will provide everything you need to know.

The Low Ranger
Been here a while

Unread post by The Low Ranger » August 8th, 2014, 12:37 pm

As mentioned above, Aulro will provide the answers. But don't discount buying from the UK as it's not as hard as you might think. I live in the Kimberley region of WA and it is usually cheaper and faster to get stuff sent from the UK than it is to get from the East coast of Australia

Indy Hepburn
Need to get out more

Unread post by Indy Hepburn » August 9th, 2014, 11:14 am

Interesting.. :)
if in doubt more right foot!

Mungrel
Part of the furniture

Unread post by Mungrel » August 13th, 2014, 2:16 pm

I just scored a copy of the LandRover microcat so feel free to pm me and I might be able to look stuff up for you if you get caught :)
If it can't be fixed with duct tape or a hammer, It must be electrical
Build Thread: viewtopic.php?f=187&t=138912&hilit=mungrel%27
Photography Page: http://www.facebook.com/MungrelImages

When in doubt,

Return to “General Land Rover”