All Tojo Talk
money_killer
Avid Poster

Unread post by money_killer » November 20th, 2008, 5:44 pm

nice set ups. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$ :D

tuff 75
Been here a while

Unread post by tuff 75 » November 20th, 2008, 7:54 pm

Hey fellas, I do have a beudesert exaust its a 3.5inch mandrel straight threw no muffler or cat and it has made a huge difference. Check out my build up there are a few short vids u will here what it sounds like. lined up another rapid chip just like i had in my old ute, got 180 rwhp out of the old 1hdfte so hopefully my mate can wave his wond and pull 200 this time..........

money_killer
Avid Poster

Unread post by money_killer » November 20th, 2008, 9:01 pm

tuff 75 wrote:Hey fellas, I do have a beudesert exaust its a 3.5inch mandrel straight threw no muffler or cat and it has made a huge difference. Check out my build up there are a few short vids u will here what it sounds like. lined up another rapid chip just like i had in my old ute, got 180 rwhp out of the old 1hdfte so hopefully my mate can wave his wond and pull 200 this time..........
got a link

Ant48
Getting to know the place

Unread post by Ant48 » November 21st, 2008, 3:27 am

johnhu wrote:Dicko, specs are as follows;

Mechanicals;
- Factory twin difflocks
- 2" OME suspension lift
- Firestone airbags in rear for load levelling
- 255/85R16 BFG MT on factory alloys (basically a 33" to fit a 7" wide rim)

Interior;
- Aftermarket drivers seat
- Autron cruise control
- Outback overhead console
- GME UHF
- Barrett HF
- Motorola sat phone
- Battery monitor for second battery
- Replacement stero headunit with 4" screen for reversing camera

- HP Ipaq running Oziexplorer GPS

Exterior;
- ARB winch bar
- ARB sidesteps and scrub bars
- Warn lowmount winch
- Lightforce 170 lights
- Dual battery system with redarc solenoid
- Alloy "Tradesmans box" on the tray. Box fitted out with;
> 2 spare wheel mounts on the rear
> 40L engel fridge on slide,
> Home made kitchen using plastic drawers in alloy frame
> 55L water tank with 12v pressure pump
> 2 burner gas cooker
> Home made storage drawers (alloy frame, plywood drawers)
> Alloy divider
> Power distrubution / fusebox, inverter, sockets, etc
> Lots of storage space <smile>
> Magiolinna rooftop tent

Thats about what I can remember at the moment.

Here's a few pics of the "box" interior.

Impressive setup..would love to see apic of the rooftop tent set up when/if you have a moment!

tuff 75
Been here a while

Unread post by tuff 75 » November 21st, 2008, 5:18 am

There is the link for my build up and the short movies of the cape, Loven the trucks guys, some top rigs up there, KEEP EM COMIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!
showthread.php?t=28019&page=17

Snowy_07
Been here a while

Unread post by Snowy_07 » November 21st, 2008, 3:20 pm

tuff 75 wrote:Hey fellas, I do have a beudesert exaust its a 3.5inch mandrel straight threw no muffler or cat and it has made a huge difference. Check out my build up there are a few short vids u will here what it sounds like. lined up another rapid chip just like i had in my old ute, got 180 rwhp out of the old 1hdfte so hopefully my mate can wave his wond and pull 200 this time..........

Hey Tuff, I meant to post this in your build up thread afew you got back form the Cape. How do you rate the V8 compared to the 1hdfte and overall is there much differance between the 79 and your new rig ?

Love the ute, it's pretty much my dream rig :D

cheers
James.
[align=center][b][u]2008 Platinum D22 Navara[/u][/b][/align]
HD Alloy Tray :: HD Towbar :: Nissan/TJM Snorkel :: Electric Rust Guard :: Cruise Control :: Boggard Turbo Timer :: 2" EFS/Ironman Lift :: Mickey T FCII's :: ARB Bullbar with Siderails/Steps

tuff 75
Been here a while

Unread post by tuff 75 » November 21st, 2008, 3:58 pm

Honistly, It has'nt got as much power as the old jigger but it does'nt have a chip like my old one did, everything else is the same similar fuel usage, handeld a little differnt with the wheel track being wider in the front but no big deal, but i am impressed with its torque for a standard motor they have plenty of go..... cant wait 2 chip it!!!!!!!!

Snowy_07
Been here a while

Unread post by Snowy_07 » November 21st, 2008, 4:59 pm

tuff 75 wrote:Honistly, It has'nt got as much power as the old jigger but it does'nt have a chip like my old one did, everything else is the same similar fuel usage, handeld a little differnt with the wheel track being wider in the front but no big deal, but i am impressed with its torque for a standard motor they have plenty of go..... cant wait 2 chip it!!!!!!!!
Thanks mate, Can't wait to see the dyno readout with it chipped :thumb:
[align=center][b][u]2008 Platinum D22 Navara[/u][/b][/align]
HD Alloy Tray :: HD Towbar :: Nissan/TJM Snorkel :: Electric Rust Guard :: Cruise Control :: Boggard Turbo Timer :: 2" EFS/Ironman Lift :: Mickey T FCII's :: ARB Bullbar with Siderails/Steps

The Crow
Here and there

my 76 series

Unread post by The Crow » November 22nd, 2008, 6:33 am

Here is our 76 series. ARB winch bar abd Warn 9000, IPF driving lights, Duel batteries, arb side steps, 170ltr fuel tank, Outback Draws & roof console. UHF. Floorconsole. cargo Barrier. New Cooper ST tyres, DPChip, VMS entertainment system with 2 woofers and amps. Howling Moon Camper. Home made roof rack using rhino bars. Sensa tyre sensa system. 2in Rid pro suspension lift.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
200 Series Turbo V8
Thanks for the Rest Flying West and Flying Very Low along the track not coming back. The Crow

johnhu
Here and there

Unread post by johnhu » November 24th, 2008, 9:43 am

Ant48 wrote:Impressive setup..would love to see apic of the rooftop tent set up when/if you have a moment!
This is the only pic I've got of it with the rooftop tent up at the moment. Hope it's OK.

John

CAPE4LIFE
Here and there

Couple Pics

Unread post by CAPE4LIFE » November 30th, 2008, 10:37 am

70 series Ute!!!!!!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

moregrunt
Been here a while

Unread post by moregrunt » December 2nd, 2008, 7:32 pm

hey guys just a pic of my new tdv8 ute. Goin to set up for touring. Suspension kit and exhaust next on list

Ant48
Getting to know the place

Unread post by Ant48 » December 6th, 2008, 3:50 pm

johnhu wrote:This is the only pic I've got of it with the rooftop tent up at the moment. Hope it's OK.

John

wow..thanks for that..just trying to get ideas for when i get my own ute (shortly I hope)

johnhu
Here and there

Unread post by johnhu » December 8th, 2008, 9:15 am

Ant48 wrote:wow..thanks for that..just trying to get ideas for when i get my own ute (shortly I hope)
No problem, glad to help.

Just put on a 3" exhaust a few days ago as well. (Local WA manufacture, bolt on mandrel bend mild steel, turbo back, no large muffler). Sounds nice :-). Does rev free'er than before. No dyno or anything, but does feel livelier on the 'seat of the pants dyno'.

Plus without the '44gallon drum muffler' under there any more, there's all this extra space. Wonder if I can fit an extra water tank or something in that space.

Chip will have to wait till the next payday probably.

John

jaztaz
Been here a while

Unread post by jaztaz » December 14th, 2008, 10:17 am

Guys, just bought 07 GXL VDJ70R. Pics were on carsales.com but now removed so I was to slow to post them up. Presently has got 3" zorst, Shelley Ind. tray, sandgrabber floor mats, gen. Toyota sheepskin seatcovers, ARB deluxe bar & 36000ks. At the moment it is getting airlockers fitted, next week 5" lift & 315/75/16 mtz on 16x8 rims. Now all I have to do is get it from Brisbane to WA.
Regards Jaz.
[font=System][size=134][color=#ff0000]VDJ79GXL, locked, lifted & lots of other goodies![/color][/size][/font]

Return to “General Toyota”