View topic - Programming remote locking control

Programming remote locking control

All Tojo Talk
Getting to know the place

Programming remote locking control

Hi folks
Just purchased a new remote for the keyless entry on my 1999 100 series.
The dude at Toyota parts told me to program the thing I had to turn the key on until the dash lights came on and off again 20 times. The dash lights would then light 20 times. On the twentyith time I had to activate the control and this would program it. Is he having a lend of me as I can't get the bloody thing to work. Does anyone have any experience in this field. Please help. Thanks

Unread postby freddie » April 10th, 2008, 6:01 pm

Here and there

I have 90 series prado but I think the priciple is the same. I have done this for both key and remote and came from Welcome to Land Cruiser Owners On Line (LCOOL) site. It took quite a few times to get if right and yes you feel like a goose doing it but it worked
Programming

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The following procedure details the steps to follow for the programming of additional remote transmitters. Use the first procedure if you have a functioning transmitter or the second procedure if you have no functioning transmitters.

With at least one functional transmitter

Ensure door is open

Remove key from ignition

Lock the doors using the transmitter

Unlock the doors using the transmitter

Within 20 seconds of unlocking, insert key into the ignition cylinder and turn key from the "ACC position to the "ON" position 20 times - leaving the key in the "OFF" position after the 20th turn

The vehicle's indicators will flash 20 times to indicate successful entry

On the 20th flash of the indicators, press the button once on each transmitter

Once finished, turn the ignition key to the "ON" position to lock in and exit from the programming mode

With no functional transmitter - Units programmed for Remote Central Locking

Ensure vehicle audio PIN number is known or audio PIN security system is deactivated prior to battery disconnection

Ensure door is open

Disconnect the negative battery cable, wait minimum of 5 minutes, then reconnect

Within 20 seconds of reconnecting the battery cable, insert the key in the ignition, then cycle the ignition key from the "ACC" position to the "ON" position 20 times - leaving the key in the "OFF" position after the 20th turn

The vehicle's indicators will flash 20 times to indicate successful entry. Should the indicators fail to flash, wait 5 seconds then quickly turn the ignition switch from the "ACC" position to the "ON" position 10 times - leaving the key in the "OFF" position after the 10th turn. Wait 15 seconds, then recycle the ignition switch 20 times.

The vehicle's indicators will flash 20 times to indicate successful entry

On the 20th flash of the indicators, press the button once on each transmitter

Turn the ignition key to the "ON" position to lock in and exit from the programming mode

Unread postby jammin » April 11th, 2008, 9:10 pm

Thanks Jammin. I'll give it a go this arvo.

Unread postby freddie » April 12th, 2008, 7:36 am

Hasn't worked yet.

Thanks Jammin but it hasn't worked yet. Anybody have any other ideas?

Unread postby freddie » April 14th, 2008, 6:36 am

Here and there

Hi Freddie,

I programmed my new remotes last week.
Remove the glovebox and find the module with the single black aerial wire.
Pull the plug out of the module (lots of wires) for 60 seconds then plug in again.
Sit in the drivers seat with doors closed (make sure all lights are off) and cycle ignition 21 times ( off-ign on-off)
Indicators will flash 20 times then press each remote new and old once then cycle ignition once more to save.

By unplugging module you clear it memory so make sure to press the button all remotes.

see how you go.

cheers matt

Unread postby hzj105t » April 14th, 2008, 6:14 pm

Been here a while

1. Begin with:
S The driver’s door open and unlock.
S Key out of the ignition key cylinder.
2. Insert the key into the ignition key cylinder and remove it.
3. Lock and unlock 5 times using the door control switch within 40 seconds.
4. Close the driver’s door and open it.
5. Lock and unlock 5 times using the door control switch within 40 seconds again.
6. Insert the key into the ignition key cylinder.
7. Turn the ignition switch from ”Lock” to ”On” and back to ”Lock” at about 1 second intervals
to select the desired mode.
S 1 time for ADD mode.
S 2 times for REWRITE mode.
S 3 times for CONFIRMATION mode.
S 5 times for PROHIBITION mode.
8. Remove the key from the ignition key cylinder.
9. To confirm your selection of all mode except CONFIRMATION mode, the power locks
will now cycle ”Lock” to ”Unlock” a number of times corresponding to your key cycles
in step 7.
S If CONFIRMATION mode has been selected, the power door locks will now cycle (in 2 seconds
intervals) a number of times corresponding to the number of transmitters currently registered.
Closing the door will complete the procedure.
S If PROHIBITION mode has been selected, closing the door will complete the procedure.
10. For ADD or REWRITE modes, within 20* seconds of Door Lock confirmation.....
(a) Press both transmitter ”Lock” and ”Unlock” switches simultaneously between 1 and 1.5 seconds
and release.
(b) Within 3 seconds of step ”(a)”, press the transmitter ”Lock” switch for more than 1 second and
release.
(c) If the transmitter has been successfully programmed, the power locks will cycle ”Lock” to ”Unlock”
once at this time. If there are problems with the procedure used up to this point, the locks
will cycle twice, in which case you must go back and repeat the above steps (a) and (b).
(d) If multiple transmitters are to be programmed, repeat the above steps (a) − (c).
11. Close the driver’s door to complete the procedure.
*:Some repair manuals are written as ”40 seconds”, but ”20 seconds” is used in this Service
Bulletin.

Unread postby 100 TD » April 15th, 2008, 1:26 am

Been here a while

How much was the remote?
I picked one up on ebay for a Camry/landcruiser I think, for $20, have seen them go for less and more.

Unread postby 100 TD » April 15th, 2008, 1:33 am

Avid Poster

Or take it back to toyota and they will normally get a tech to come and do it for you if you've had trouble. Or it could be an aftermarket system, so the remote won't work. Do the remotes look the same.

Unread postby HiCountryCruisr » April 15th, 2008, 5:18 pm

Here and there

I work for a toyota dealer here in melbourne and yes the camry and cruiser remotes are the same.
The remotes retail for about $50 over the counter from toyota.
The instructions I listed above are how I programed my new remotes last week and how the dealers do it as well.
Its easier to clear the modules memory and start again than go through everything that 100TD posted but he is correct in the "correct way" but my way is the dealer shortcut.

cheers matt

Unread postby hzj105t » April 15th, 2008, 6:02 pm

Avid Poster

I have a RFS 2002 100s and have just read the programming procedure from the toyota central locking manual and it is the same as what jammin has said to do. I have two new controllers and programmed them in the second way jammin said and it has worked. Note the within 20seconds part is a must or it just don't work.

cheers Ridenhi
if you don't get stuck you didn't go far enough

Unread postby ridenhi » April 17th, 2008, 7:48 pm

Hi 100TD
Got the remote from Toyota for $29.00. No luck with programming yet. Have tried Jammins and HZJ105t's procedures and no luck. Will now try yours. Seems bloody long winded but I guess if it works all will be ok. Thanks all for your help.
Freddie.

Unread postby freddie » April 20th, 2008, 1:02 pm

Avid Poster

I recon that for all the trouble you are going to to have keyless enrty to your pride and joy, just use the key to unlock/lock the doors.

I know that it's your car and you want it spot on, but gee, it's a bit of trouble to go to IMO.

It's kinda like standing on your left foot with your tougue in the right side of your mouth and your left middle finger in your right ear while pouring the coffee. If you don't do it that way, the coffee will smell funny

Just my thought on it all.

Unread postby dhula » April 20th, 2008, 4:18 pm

Avid Poster

freddie wrote:Hi 100TD
Got the remote from Toyota for $29.00. No luck with programming yet. Have tried Jammins and HZJ105t's procedures and no luck. Will now try yours. Seems bloody long winded but I guess if it works all will be ok. Thanks all for your help.
Freddie.

hey Freddie make sure when your turning the key on and off you are doing it fairly quick as when I was doing it turning it on and off at a normal pace didn't work.

good luck
Ridenhi
if you don't get stuck you didn't go far enough

Unread postby ridenhi » April 23rd, 2008, 11:19 pm

Hi guys
All done thanks to Mr Toyota at no cost. As ridenhi said, the cycle must be very quick, far quicker than I was doing it, otherwise I was doing everything correct. Thanks for your help
Freddie

Unread postby freddie » April 24th, 2008, 5:48 am

Replacement Original Wireless Remote fo 1999 landcruiser 100 series

Hi All,

Does anybody work for toyota spare parts or know where I can get an older style wireless key remote for a 1999 landcruiser 100 series? I have attached a pic of the one I'm looking for.

Computer chip in cruiser is buggered and i've been quoted a ridiculous amount to get this fixed. So, they way I see it, if I can buy a new wireless remote 'shell' and put in my current circuit it'll work with out programming.

Cheers

Troy
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
1999 4.5L petrol Auto.
Bull Bar, Side rails, 285 BFG MT's, Open Sky Roof Top Tent and plenty of scratches.

Unread postby troy19992003 » August 23rd, 2009, 7:27 pm

Next

Return to General Toyota