View topic - The new Patrol solid axle or IFS?

The new Patrol solid axle or IFS?

For the Nissan nuts
Avid Poster

The new Patrol solid axle or IFS?

Does any one know if the all new Patrol thats coming soon has a solid front axel or is it IFS?
D22 ST-R Navara with OME susp, 32'' tyres,other good gear.
SJ 70 Sierra with 2'' lift, 29'' tyres,rear locker.

Visit my shed

[url=http://www.4wdaction.com.au/shed/index.php?id=5070&i

Unread postby Tropical Low » November 11th, 2009, 8:27 pm

Need to get out more

seems to be the million dollar question at the moment....been asked a couple of times on here already....

one rumour suggests the patrol replacement will be the armada, which is independent front and rear, another suggests it will be based off the titan large ute platform, which is also IFS, but live in the rear to carry a load, i can't imagine the patrol carrying over the leafsprung rear from the titan though....

yet another rumour suggests the GU will continue on as a competitor to the 70 series....and if a new one comes out, it will compete with the 200 series and disco using the above mentioned armada platform....

doesn't seem to be anything in concrete from anywhere yet though...Nissan don't seem to want to say much more than to simply confirm there will be another patrol coming....

Unread postby cac » November 11th, 2009, 9:22 pm

Need to get out more

yes i agree with cac. it is the million dollar question. really i think they will go ifs and live axle rear!! sorry!!! but it is what the community want!!! (crap!!) but were gonna have to face it !!! but it should be bloody brilliant!!1 as they would have ditchd the 3l!! hooray!! and either but a v8 petrol and diesel or a simmilar version 6cyl to the td4.2. but its all up in the air at the moment!!

personally i hope the stay coil all round!! its the best live axle set up buy far!!!!

Unread postby Finchy260 » November 16th, 2009, 2:26 pm

so far there is only 1 new 4wd worth buying
as a rule what do the majority of us ( the aust market) want in a 4wd............generally

* coil front minimum
* solid axle front
* and a real diesel engine

so LC200 is out with its front end
the GU is out with its lack of a real engine
that leaves the troopy as the vehicle to buy solid axle, coil front and an engine to move it

If Nissan kept the basic design ie: front and rear solid axle andcoil spring they would have the best vehicle on the market bar none if they put a real engine in it....i only hope that in what ever form the new model takes that it has that suspension set up..........the flip side is that ( and its been proven time and time again) that the ifs vehicle are by far a nicer vehicle and safer to drive in most off road situations...It is just restricted with lift, tyres and some of the larger/harder tracks

Unfortunately the vehicles are designed to sell world wide and what we want down here isnt always what the majority of world markets want
________________________www.loveday4x4adventures.com________________________
thanks to... APM Radiators.. DRW automatics..Boss Racing Diffs..Sprint Auto Parts.. Bob Jane Marion..Noarlunga refrigeration..J&S Suspension (et4wd)..Heinrich Performance Dyno..

Unread postby toy yoda » November 16th, 2009, 2:44 pm

Avid Poster

i also think you are right on the money with that. the new patrol will without doubt be IFS and unfortunately new engines will be no where near the new toyota v8 diesels. the troop carrier seems very likely to be the one of few last real large 4wd available in the world. galenderwagen maybe but it is expensive i think. what we drive is as good as it will ever get i think. dont thrash your trucks! you wont get them like that again.
1984 HJ60
1988 HJ61
2003 HDJ78

Unread postby LZ_Pan » November 16th, 2009, 4:02 pm

Need to get out more

or the Jeep Wrangler or the Defender
[color="Orange"]smart has the plans

stupid has the stories[/color]

Unread postby grimbo » November 16th, 2009, 4:04 pm

Avid Poster

toy yoda wrote:so far there is only 1 new 4wd worth buying
as a rule what do the majority of us ( the aust market) want in a 4wd............generally

* coil front minimum
* solid axle front
* and a real diesel engine

so LC200 is out with its front end
the GU is out with its lack of a real engine
that leaves the troopy as the vehicle to buy solid axle, coil front and an engine to move it

If Nissan kept the basic design ie: front and rear solid axle andcoil spring they would have the best vehicle on the market bar none if they put a real engine in it....i only hope that in what ever form the new model takes that it has that suspension set up..........the flip side is that ( and its been proven time and time again) that the ifs vehicle are by far a nicer vehicle and safer to drive in most off road situations...It is just restricted with lift, tyres and some of the larger/harder tracks

Unfortunately the vehicles are designed to sell world wide and what we want down here isnt always what the majority of world markets want

Image if Nissan brought out the Patrol in 2007 with stonking V8 petrol and diesel engines?

However, car manufactures have to look at what the majority of their products are used for. Maybe only 2% of GU Patrols, 100/200 series Land Cruisers get used hard off road. For the most part (when new at least) it's mundane things with some towing and maybe a bit off road touring.

I mean, if Nissan and Toyota wanted to they could produce a fully primed off roader that would be the most capable fourby out there. However, it just wouldn't make economic sense. Yes, we would love it, but we (as a 4x4 fertility) make up only a small percentage of buyers.
1985 HJ-60 2H Naturally Asperated Slug.

Unread postby mr_diesel60 » November 16th, 2009, 4:12 pm

Part of the furniture

grimbo wrote:or the Jeep Wrangler or the Defender

x 2:- yanke or pommy not much to choose from any more....

Unread postby gqjay » November 16th, 2009, 5:38 pm

Need to get out more

toy yoda wrote:

With all the new rules and reg's about mod's and land access always coming out it would be pointless building a hard core tourer from solid axle late models anyway :(
I love terra firma - the less firma the more terra

Unread postby sudso » November 28th, 2009, 11:37 am

Part of the furniture

Probably a rumour, but I believe the new patrol will have a V6 Turbo Diesel as one of the engine options.

Unread postby WD21 » November 28th, 2009, 11:52 am

Been here a while

grimbo wrote:or the Jeep Wrangler or the Defender

Nothing wrong with either of these options and with defender 90 coming out looks like the traditional 4wd companies are the only ones with the balls to continue traditional 4wds

when the Wrangler gets a fiat Diesel donk look out and maybe the Ute and J8 military vehicle

great to see landrover going back to its roots with the defneder with all the options its deserves and a much better donk

Unread postby tasar » November 28th, 2009, 1:14 pm

Getting to know the place

WD21 wrote:Probably a rumour, but I believe the new patrol will have a V6 Turbo Diesel as one of the engine options.

Like this one?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Unread postby patked » December 2nd, 2009, 1:16 am

Been here a while

I heard it was independent suspension all round.....but They designers/engineers promised a highly capable setup.......with extra long arms. and yes, i heard that engine was going to be the flagship diesel, twin turbo
Now a proud Jeep owner. Bye Bye Nissan! its been great, but ive discovered why people say "Its a jeep thing"

Unread postby Raisins78 » December 2nd, 2009, 8:07 am

Part of the furniture

At the moment the best option I beleive is the new wrangler 4 door with the rubicon kit.

Under 60k (if you haggle a little) and you get 4 coil live axle with more than enough juice, swaybar disconnects and front and rear lockers. Pretty hard to beat that!
NS Pajero V-RX

Unread postby Herby » December 2nd, 2009, 9:45 am

Here and there

Yeah i've heard it's possibly getting the renault V6 TD too, quotes anywhere upto 200Kw and 600Nm.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
05 D22 3.0Ltr, D Gas, Unifilter, Performance Storm rims, Cooper ST's, 240XGT's, Pioneer Head Unit & 6 Sony splits front & Rear, cruise Control, Remote central Lock alarm, rhinorack system

Unread postby Gasd D22 » December 2nd, 2009, 8:23 pm

Next

Return to General Nissan