View topic - D22 Navara 2inch Body Lift

D22 Navara 2inch Body Lift

For the Nissan nuts
Here and there

D22 Navara 2inch Body Lift

Hi guys just wondering what is involved in doing a 2inch body lift to a QD3.2 D22 Navara 99 mod duel cab? What has to be changed and what can be streched any help would be good.

thanks Steve

Unread postby king navara » July 29th, 2008, 4:46 pm

Need to get out more

just did my 06 model. Massive pain in the ass. Front 4 bolts are okay as you can access the top. rear four of the body are tulip. i couldnt find bolts long enough in the same thread so i had to holesaw the top so i could drill out the captive nut and put a bolt through. rear 2 are accessed through a small hole in the back of the cab, these 2 bolts are bigger then the rest, i ended up having to use a smaller bolt because i couldnt drill the captive nut out and put a nut ontop. Nothing else had to be modified besides the fan shroud. Tray was straight forward.

Unread postby joshy » July 29th, 2008, 5:04 pm

Been here a while

joshy wrote:just did my 06 model. Massive pain in the ass. Front 4 bolts are okay as you can access the top. rear four of the body are tulip. i couldnt find bolts long enough in the same thread so i had to holesaw the top so i could drill out the captive nut and put a bolt through. rear 2 are accessed through a small hole in the back of the cab, these 2 bolts are bigger then the rest, i ended up having to use a smaller bolt because i couldnt drill the captive nut out and put a nut ontop. Nothing else had to be modified besides the fan shroud. Tray was straight forward.

yeh thats pretty much it, just disconnect the front diff breather, watch all the brake lines etc etc if you can get hold of a 2 post hoist then it makes it so much easier. undo all the bolts then slowly lift up the body. when you do lift the body do it a bit at a time then check all the lines from body to chassis. just repeat the process i went up about 5mm each time. with the tub you might have to lengthen the fuel filler pipe and breather. this is easy though. cut the both pipes in a place where its goin to be easy to work on then just get a bit of pipe to slide in the hose to make up the gap then clamp it up. thats all about i can give

as joshy said about the 4 rear bolts in the body yes they are a pain in the arse but theres a easier but expensive way to do it. i took one of each bolt out and then took em to one of the engineer mobs in town and basically said i want 2 of each of these and 50mm longer. so 280 clams later i had them, might be able to get em cheaper where ever you live but see how you go just make sure you get all hi tense bolts
Want me PUNCHISIZE your face? FOR FREE?

Unread postby Farva » July 29th, 2008, 7:38 pm

Avid Poster

Mate d22 navara bodylift is a piece of cake
I have done numerous navara's
My kits come with blocks, bolts,bumpstops & instructions
Cheers
105 series Cruiser, turbo, intercooler, bodylift, nissan front diff
http://www.zordos4wdsuspension.com.au

Unread postby zordo » July 30th, 2008, 4:00 pm

Here and there

Thanks for the great info guys how much is your kit zordo?

Unread postby king navara » July 30th, 2008, 5:16 pm

Here and there

Re: D22 Navara 2inch Body Lift

can anyone say what size the bolts are from factory for an '06 str, joshy or zordo maybe?

dave

Unread postby simthorpe » April 19th, 2011, 8:42 pm

Avid Poster

Re:

king navara wrote:Thanks for the great info guys how much is your kit zordo?

Kit price is $385
easy to fit & includes instructions & the correct bolts.
Cheers
105 series Cruiser, turbo, intercooler, bodylift, nissan front diff
http://www.zordos4wdsuspension.com.au

Unread postby zordo » April 26th, 2011, 7:18 pm

Avid Poster

simthorpe wrote:can anyone say what size the bolts are from factory for an '06 str, joshy or zordo maybe?

dave

Front 6 are 100mm
rear 2 are 130mm
Cheers

Unread postby zordo » April 26th, 2011, 7:20 pm

Here and there

Unread postby simthorpe » June 18th, 2011, 11:52 am

Return to General Nissan