Super flex hybrid long arm questions?

For the Nissan nuts
overit
Been here a while

Super flex hybrid long arm questions?

Unread post by overit » August 14th, 2015, 1:48 pm

G'day all,

Hope all are well.

Firstly, I have done a thorough search here, there and everywhere but no luck to my abilities to get answers to these?

Looking at getting a set of the new superior engineering hybrid super flex long arms and I am wanting to know a few things about them.

- Do they push the diff forward to be able to fit larger tyres, by at least 20 or 30mm? Don't want to chop or panel beat the guards to fit bigger tyres on this one. As you can't throw spacer washes in there with the 80 series bushes, this needs to be done with either making slightly longer arms or moving the 80 series bush forward, have they already done this with the new design as much as the panhard will allow? AFAIK when they first came out they set the diff up to the same distance as factory and people were having problems with tyres rubbing on the inners, don't want that. OR do I need to order custom length ones so this isn't an issue?

- Do they still bind up on the shocks on flex like the original super flex drop arms? I've had to grind out a little cutout where they were hitting the TD big bore adjustables on max flex, this was limiting travel heaps but it's fixed now on my GQ (to the point where the shock lengths are the limiting factor now) which is still running the original 5" (from memory they are 5" arms, but they could be 6" or 7", they were ordered in 2008 and cant remember...) super flex drop arms.

- Who has had them engineered to be compliant for road use in QLD? What gets covered with this engineering certificate/blue plate/s and how much is it for this using Superior Engineerings QLD engineer that signs them off?

Thanks for the info in advance

Steve

-

overit
Been here a while

Re: Super flex hybrid long arm questions?

Unread post by overit » August 15th, 2015, 12:57 pm

Anyone???

Return to “General Nissan”