For the Nissan nuts
ashley bryant
I'm new, be nice!

gu gq diff swap

Unread post by ashley bryant » July 31st, 2015, 7:22 pm

Hi every one
Doing a coil conversion to the rear of my 2004 gu patrol Ute
Atm the Ute haze the h260 diff in it
I am thinking of using my gq chassis I have in the back yard to mocking it up with
My question is I belive the gu h233 coil diff will fit will fit in a gq rear and and all the suspension will line up and work
But will the h260 coil diff bolt straight in place in the gq chassis and have the suspention bolt up

Or should I just use a h233 complete diff for the conversion
Eny help would be great thanks

Peter Aawen
Admin

Re: gu gq diff swap

Unread post by Peter Aawen » August 7th, 2015, 4:36 pm

Not exactly sure what you are trying to do?.... but:

The GU & GQ chassis are effectively the same apart from the body mount out-riggers. & a couple of other minor things. The GQ & GU driveline & suspension are also effectively identical, so I can't see any issues with what you are planning, except for the obvious differences between the leaf spring perches & the coil spring mounts on the diffs, but that's why/what you are planning on converting anyway, isn't it?

Sooo,.... Once you've set the diff you want to use up with the coil mounts & other suspension bracketry using a std coil chassis 'template', it should then bolt into either a GU or a GQ coil chassis.

Good Luck
An Ex-Service person is someone who thought enough about their country & how great it is, how lucky we are to live here, to write a blank cheque made out to 'The People and Commonwealth of Australia' for the value of 'Up to & including my Life!'

Return to “General Nissan”