We're off to Barrington Tops!

It's an amazing world, so get out there and enjoy it! Discussion about camping inside
the-viking
Part of the furniture

We're off to Barrington Tops!

Unread post by the-viking » June 21st, 2017, 5:53 pm

Hidy Ho all you Tumble Weeds and Crickets out there........We're off to the Barrington Tops. Been there heaps but this will be my wife's first mid winter trip. Haven't done a camp for at least a year now, been way to long. Almost forgot my packing routine. Really looking forward to it. Was hoping to come across some snow but going on the forecast it doesn't look good for that. Unseasonably warm this weekend they say!!! Typical. Not going to be a lot of 4W Driving going on, more just wanting to kick back with a fire, food and the odd drinkie poo type camp :drink: We'll do some tracks but not a heap. :)

BigDutchy
Need to get out more

Re: We're off to Barrington Tops!

Unread post by BigDutchy » June 22nd, 2017, 9:40 pm

Sounds like a great camping trip to me!!
I love the Barrington Tops. Been there a few times now.
Polblue Campground is a great campsite. I like Gloucester too.
You will enjoy.
We are of to the Snowie's on Sunday for some Delica camping. There is some snow forecast.
We will see.
Cheers

the-viking
Part of the furniture

Re: We're off to Barrington Tops!

Unread post by the-viking » June 26th, 2017, 7:32 pm

Ok. So here's what happen. We got to the turn off for Gummi Falls around 8:30pm and bingo!!!!!! Track closed; in fact all tracks closed for maintanence. Unknown to us this is a seasonal routine up there. I half thought of inquiring before we took off too, but I didn't. :irked: also no Snow anywhere either. After some deliberation we thought about seeing if Moonan Brook Pub had a room just for the night so off we went for the half hour trip. Pretty much got a "Nup" response from whoever the woman was. Super friendly......Not! A local directed us to a spot just across the river from the pub and that's where we set down for the night.
Rose early next morning and........... well, long story short, we ended up at Woko NP Camp Ground about 30 minutes north of Glouster. Not normally our thing but had the place to ourself. 10/10 for how it's maintained I have to say. Other than a wood run on Saturday we just kicked back.
All in all had a relaxed few days. :)

Return to “Camping”