So..............

It's an amazing world, so get out there and enjoy it! Discussion about camping inside
the-viking
Part of the furniture

So..............

Unread post by the-viking » April 22nd, 2017, 11:09 am

How's everyone doin? :rolleyes:
Anyone with new gear, planned camps?......... Anyone?
Anything at all.... Come on now. Step forward.... Don't be shy. Lol.

I'm planning on a overnighter up in the Watagans soon. This is my tweaking trip. Clearing the cobwebs out of the gear trip. One thing I'v gotta do is clean out my good old Army issue water Jerrys. Iv notice some crap in the bottom of my cup recently. What's a good way to clean these?
:D

hoyks
Avid Poster

Re: So..............

Unread post by hoyks » April 23rd, 2017, 5:26 pm

Going OK.
Got nothing new, side steps on order.
Nothing planned.

As for cleaner, I use Coopers Sanitiser (home brew bottle cleaner). You get it in the home brew section of the super market and the active ingredient is the same as nappy sanitiser, just more concentrated and no perfume. (what to look for https://www.bigw.com.au/product/coopers ... 000077923/)

Chuck 1/4 of the bottle into a jerry 1/4 filled with warm water and slosh it around. Then tip it into the other jerry and repeat.

Then rinse a lot with fresh water.

the-viking
Part of the furniture

Unread post by the-viking » April 23rd, 2017, 5:48 pm

Cool. thanks Hoyks! and thanks for the link. Thats what I'll use. :thumb: :thumb:

BigDutchy
Need to get out more

Unread post by BigDutchy » May 31st, 2017, 9:27 pm

We are planning a 2 week trip from Brissie traveling North or South. I like going south
but not the cold. I like going north because of warmer weather. Not sure what to do North though. If north, any suggestions. Don't want to go to far north. Mackay? Townsville?

Picking up a new Bullbar for our Delica tomorrow. We LOVE our Delica LWB. Best holiday car we ever had. Not the best 4WD but a great car for us.

the-viking
Part of the furniture

Unread post by the-viking » June 1st, 2017, 6:02 pm

Sounds Good Big 'D'. Can't help you with suggestions though. I've turned into a Cold freak. Hate the heat these days, actually it's more the humidity, really kills me. I can handle 40°dry heat and comfortably work in it but throw a 28°day with 80% humidity at me and I'm a shot duck. So looking forward to some winter camping in the Barrington Tops this year with the hope of snow and some local Watagan Mt trips.

I have to say I've seen some nicely rigged up Delica's over the years. When they're geared and bar'd up they look really good.

Just bought a really cheap 42" CREE Light Bar off the Bay recently. I'll be fitting it all up next week. I'm tucking it up under the front of my Roof Cage. I've had 2 cheapy 6" CREE's for about 2 years now and they're still going strong. One as a reverse/work and the other is on the drivers side of the Roof Cage. The reason I bought it was the wife wants to drive into the Barrington's at night and so that warranted a Light Bar...... :D

Any who...... If you have some pics of the Delica I'd be keen to see them!! :)

BigDutchy
Need to get out more

Unread post by BigDutchy » June 6th, 2017, 7:53 pm

This is taken around January somewhere in NSW. I really can't remember where.
We left home/ Brisbane and drove to Armidale NSW and did spend a few days there.
Then to Sydney, Blue Mountains, Watagans, and from there to the coast. So, that photo must have been taken between the Watagans and Crescent head.
I haven't made a photo with the Bull bar yet.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

BigDutchy
Need to get out more

Unread post by BigDutchy » June 6th, 2017, 8:22 pm

This was on our first outing. The draws are now painted but the set up hasn't changed much as it really works for us.
The kitchen is in the right draw, the pantry in the left. Tools, clothing etc under the bed. The blue waste water tank on the roof is our water tank. It's never been used as a waste water tank. It hold 40 liters and last a fair bit. It's only the 2 of us we use it for cooking, dish washing and a cuppa. We have used it for a quick shower but as it is only gravity fed it's a little underwhelming....
We have even a toilet for my darling on board.
We have replaced the awning. This awning came with the roof bars I bought before we bought the roof rack. The quality of the fabric (very thin kinda plastic) was so poor I wasn't keen to use it any longer. I was able to pick up a good quality damaged awning (same dimensions) and swapped the fabric over.
We are very happy with our Bus. We are mobile and can go everywhere. My wife can't walk very far and uses the wheel chair in the photo. A 4WD is our way of bush walking. We see things that we without our 4WD would not be able to see.
Awesome hey!!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

the-viking
Part of the furniture

Unread post by the-viking » June 8th, 2017, 7:58 am

Mate! Love it.
How much more room do you get in home made draws without runners?? I made my rear draw set up and I'm still tinkering 10 years later.
You look as though you may be a fellow Tinker'er as well.... lol.
I just today added a 42" CREE LED combo Light Bar tucked up under the front of the Roof Cage. Yet to wire it up. Planning a trip to the Barrington Tops soon and we'll [the wife and I] be driving in at night so the Light Bar should come in handy. I have a 7" Driver's side and a 7" Reverse CREE light bars. They are bloody bright!
Love to see more of your set up.

A typical set up.

the-viking
Part of the furniture

Unread post by the-viking » June 8th, 2017, 1:50 pm

Reverse

Front

Drivers

BigDutchy
Need to get out more

Unread post by BigDutchy » June 15th, 2017, 9:40 pm

Nice set up too.
Just dropped the Delica of for a service.

We are going away in the coming school holidays. I am keen to go to the snowy Mountains. Still not sure if we should do it or not.
Cold is not my main concern it's the wet and struggling getting things dry again.

But still keen

Mulder030
Here and there

Unread post by Mulder030 » July 18th, 2018, 12:59 pm

A little late on this thread, but none the less.... Dutchy, if you're around the Brisbane area and want a nice quiet bush camping get away, try Peach Trees Camp Site out in the Jimna forestry. I just spent a few nights there myself and it is awesome.

Return to “Camping”