What are adventure kings generators like?

It's an amazing world, so get out there and enjoy it! Discussion about camping inside
tough80series
I'm new, be nice!

What are adventure kings generators like?

Unread post by tough80series » January 26th, 2017, 6:36 pm

looking at buying an adventure kings generator any one got one or know what there like just want to run my 95litre dual zone waeco and couple other things any help would be appreciated thanks

tough80series
I'm new, be nice!

adventure kings generator

Unread post by tough80series » January 27th, 2017, 7:37 am

thinking about buying the adventure kings generator has any one got one or know what there like i want one for my 95litre dual zone waeco and couple other things any help would be good thanks

mickkk
Here and there

Re: What are adventure kings generators like?

Unread post by mickkk » January 27th, 2017, 3:00 pm

Personally I reckon you would be better of buying a battery box, like in the pic. Then put a decent 120 amp battery in. This would keep your fridge going for 3 days easly, maybe 4 in cooler climates. Charge up when driving.
If you are looking at staying in the one spot for more than that grab a solar blanket.
If you got cheaper gear, you would be looking at 650 ish. Top doller gear you would be looking at 1000.

I have a Honda 1 kva, great bit of kit, but never use it anymore. Solar, better batteries, and more economical fridges means I never use it.
I have a CFX 95, uses less juice than my old cf35 (and I used to run two of them)

Would take up less room, no fuel to worry about, don't have to worry about noise.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

tough80series
I'm new, be nice!

Unread post by tough80series » January 27th, 2017, 4:15 pm

hey mikkk i have one of the battery boxes with with 12v socket on it and a 100ah deep cycle battery in it and i connect 140w solar panel upto it but my waeco keeps cutting out saying low voltage which caused every thing to defrost i thought with my battery and solar that should have been enough to run it flat out thats why i was thinking of getting a kings generator to run fridge during the day and plug it into the battery box of a night

mickkk
Here and there

Unread post by mickkk » January 27th, 2017, 10:52 pm

Have you set the waeco to the low setting? Press set, flick through, and it will probably say HI. Change it till it says LO. They have a protector to cut out the fridge when the battery drops to certain volts. Set it to high if running off your starter battery. Set it to low when running it off a deep cycle battery.
Where you can, get it down to tempture using 240v before you leave.

mydmax
Need to get out more

Unread post by mydmax » January 27th, 2017, 10:58 pm

Tough 80 series
What is the voltage of your battery while the fridge cuts out?
If you are trying to run a Waeco fridge through a ciggy plug connection just forget it. They hardly pass enough for lights.
An Anderson plug/s system should be used for battery to fridge with heavy cables to limit voltage drop. The Waeco WILL cut out purely because the cable is too small. I tried in my Tvan and although the wiring was relatively short from battery to fridge it stopped. Cutting the Waeco feed wire just outside the fridge plug and properly grating the heavy battery feed to it will ensure the battery and fridge talk the same language.
With the solar panel, the regulator for it should be as close to the battery as possible and the solar panel to battery regulator feed wire should be a good size. 4mmsq copper conductor size or recognized solar feed wire and not the piddly wires they usually come with.
ANY voltage drop in the solar to battery reg line will significantly reduce the harvest of what the panel produces. If it is like that you get get less charge into the battery cos the panel is constipated.
So big cables all round.

tough80series
I'm new, be nice!

Unread post by tough80series » January 28th, 2017, 9:53 am

Hey mydmax yeah i have been using the 12v ciggy socket to run my fridge thats probly why it keeps cutting out i will get a waeco anderson plug and my solar regulator is attached to the back of my solar panel was like that when i got it i have just purchased a arkpak with the 300w built in inverter in it and was thinking about taking the battery box out of my camper and replacing it with the arkpak that should work better hopefully and do you think my 100ah battery is enough or should i go 120ah battery thanks

mickkk
Here and there

Unread post by mickkk » January 29th, 2017, 8:46 am

Have you got it set to low

tough80series
I'm new, be nice!

Unread post by tough80series » January 29th, 2017, 4:11 pm

yep have it set on low fridge on 2 and freezer on about -10 to -12 and i have it all running on 240v at home about 2 days before i head off camping

mydmax
Need to get out more

Unread post by mydmax » January 29th, 2017, 6:51 pm

80 Series
You will have to alter or replace the solar reg with another which is at the battery or close to. The regs on the panels don't supply as much as having it near to the battery. Ohms law comes into effect there.
A 100ah battery will only run both fridges overnight so charging or solar will have to do the rest. 120ah is better and has more buffer/capability. If you keep the camper battery and use an ARk pack anderson'ed to it too all should be good with options to charge one or both batteries etc and have portability of battery.

nilla60

Unread post by nilla60 » January 30th, 2017, 8:03 pm

I was eyeballing the new Primus 120W and 200W flexible panel kits over the hols. Asides from the price, they look pretty attractive as a compact option with sufficient grunt to keep up with a fridge. No doubt the price will only get better as more manufacturers offer similar setups.

Return to “Camping”