Ideas on Mounting Hotwater Shower Head for fixed Shower?

It's an amazing world, so get out there and enjoy it! Discussion about camping inside
Bruosk
Here and there

Ideas on Mounting Hotwater Shower Head for fixed Shower?

Unread post by Bruosk » November 17th, 2016, 5:53 pm

Looking at the Joolca Hottap with its shower head & on/off in one.

Has anyone mounted this in a high position so its fixed. To something like a homemade frame/stand. Looking for ideas on how to do this.

the-viking
Part of the furniture

Re: Ideas on Mounting Hotwater Shower Head for fixed Shower?

Unread post by the-viking » November 18th, 2016, 3:31 am

Image[/[URL=http://s862.photobucket.com/user/plim62 ... 0.jpg.html]Image
We use a tent pole to allow for individual height adjustment. I took the plastic end off the foot end of the pole and then hammered about 100mm of the end flat. Then I got the grinder out and cut the end so it has a point to drive into the ground. Just above this flattened section I drilled a hole through the pole and fastened a 200mm length of thread rod which I secured with two nuts either side leaving roughly 90mm either side of the pole. This is so you can use your hoofs to help push it into the ground. To aid in stability we push the pole into the ground and lean it against the bull bar as you can see, then use a small rubber strap on the number plate in our case, to keep it against the bullbar. The Glind comes with a plastic shower head mount. I made a crude pivoting aluminium section for the top of the pole that in itself pivots. If yours doesn't come with a shower head clip/bracket, then maybe a small piece of PVC cut in half just to the size so that the shower head snaps into place snugly.
Hope this helps.
Cheers.
:)

Return to “Camping”