ironman fridge, whos got one?

It's an amazing world, so get out there and enjoy it! Discussion about camping inside
bazzaspatrol
Here and there

Re: ironman fridge, whos got one?

Unread post by bazzaspatrol » March 15th, 2013, 4:12 pm

i got the 50 ltr model for 800 dollars i think, its been great low power draw ive had it a year now and no probs. i didnt have a bucket load to spend im happy with it. im off to lucindale feild days tmorrow to buy a cover for it they havean exellent display there ,better than the arb stand i recon

Boozer
Been here a while

Unread post by Boozer » March 15th, 2013, 11:51 pm

I bought the 40L with cover for $650 delivered. the 5 year compressor and 3 year rest of fridge warranty sold me as well.

bazzaspatrol
Here and there

Unread post by bazzaspatrol » March 17th, 2013, 3:51 pm

bastards didnt have a cover for the fridge '' ill buy one online now

danielk
Been here a while

Unread post by danielk » March 31st, 2013, 10:43 pm

i have the 40l ironman. bought it thru work with the cover and digital thermometer about 2 years ago.

it works a treat and ive never had a problem with it. i often run it for about 3 days off my second battery which is only a factory hilux battery so not very big in capacity (probably only about 70 amp hours) with no dramas. temps were about 20 deg at night and 30-35 deg days. The fridge section stayed at around the 4 deg i had it set at but the top plastic dairy section varied between 4 deg and 14ish deg depending on ambient temp.

never tried it as a freezer.

only advice i can offer is to keep it in the shade and out of the wind and leave it in the one spot for as long as possible. the ground under mine even gets cool after 3 days of the fridge in the same spot
1990 Daihatsu Rocky Sports Afield. 2.8tD. 30" Maxxis Bighorns, lift, snorkel.
Check out my little truck in MY SHED

AJ XTRAIL
Getting to know the place

Unread post by AJ XTRAIL » April 15th, 2013, 5:17 pm

Yeah got the iornman 50ltr its great same motor and electrics as waco with a much smaller price tag.

emjan
Been here a while

Unread post by emjan » May 2nd, 2013, 11:10 pm

I've got an Ironman 65lt Ice cube, cost $998 last Feb, love it to bits, amazing thing works brilliantly, can't fault it & would certainly recommend it on our experience. The service from Ironman Sth Dandenong has been nothing short of exceptional. We bought the 65 because it had the twin lift up lids & separate compartments for fr/freezer. It refrigerates & freezes equally well on mains or 12v & maintains its set temp in even the warmest of weather. We got an insulating jacket for it which helps. We loaded ours with the power plug at the front in a drop down fr slide, that way we can control the lead during pulling out/putting away in the tray. We run it on an ark pack in the ute tub. We were impressed with the guarantee
Born again 4WD-er. 08 Navara D40 spain

JamiePro67
Been here a while

Unread post by JamiePro67 » March 4th, 2016, 8:07 pm

:ooh:
Last edited by JamiePro67 on March 7th, 2016, 6:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

tjmark
Here and there

Unread post by tjmark » March 5th, 2016, 7:47 pm

guys do yourselves a favor and check out the 6thGear fridges.. picked up a 50 litre fridge freezer and bag for $600 cash.

http://www.6thgear.com.au/the%20gear.html

emjan
Been here a while

Unread post by emjan » March 12th, 2016, 4:31 pm

Now 3 years since we bought our Ironman 65lt F/F (see above post) it's been through hell n back with 0000'skms travel Norther Oz and dust heat and Ark Pack issues but always performed. We're working remote NT at the moment and living in a house...for once... and use it connected to 240V as an extra fridge. Awesome piece of equipment, would definitely buy another next time.
Born again 4WD-er. 08 Navara D40 spain

Bojordan
Here and there

Unread post by Bojordan » March 13th, 2016, 4:56 pm

I have got one of those 6th gear fridges that have been mentioned previously and I can't fault it, besides the stickers it is the exact same as the ironman one too. I noticed Aldi had their version of the exact same one in a 40L model with a insulation bag for $499!!! Same 5 Yr warranty too. Can't beat that!

shambles
Been here a while

Unread post by shambles » March 14th, 2016, 3:29 pm

Had my 80 litre for 2 years, its either on my ute or in the shed as a second fridge/freezer. not missed a beat, well worth a look for the price..

Gold Ranger
I'm new, be nice!

Unread post by Gold Ranger » May 25th, 2016, 6:43 pm

I can't comment on the 45 litre, however I have owned a 30 litre Ironman fridge/ freezer with an insulated bag for 4 years and it has not missed a beat. Has been used both as a fridge and freezer on different occasions and am very happy with the performance; low power use and holds the set temperature well.
Ric.
Ric

vincenzogold
Getting to know the place

Unread post by vincenzogold » June 29th, 2016, 2:23 pm

Anyone have one of these??

Does anyone know if this is any good??

In the market for a large fridge freezer.

http://www.aussiebatteries.com.au/campi ... ge-freezer

Cheers

Dubguy
Here and there

Unread post by Dubguy » July 25th, 2016, 5:07 pm

ye im keen to know what the Giant one is like too, i like the sound of it. and if the ad is true i like the fact that each part can be cooled by itself, instead of all the other types just pushing cold air from one end of the fridge to the other. does anyone own one of these?

Return to “Camping”