Fx 324

Getting un-lost is half the fun
MudRhino
Part of the furniture

Unread post by MudRhino » February 3rd, 2007, 6:45 am

This is a question thats bugged me for a while.

When using the FX-324 in snail trail mode (eg. having a bread crumb trail left behind everywhere you go) it allows you to select different recording intervals.

Now thats all fine and dandy, but if you make the intervals too small - say every 10 metres, the gps memory fills up quiet fast, and you get this annoying beeping and message across your screen saying you can't record anymore.

Can anyone tell me how I can continue recording? Is there other memory areas? I have pressumed it has many more but I just can't seem to access them.

I have done so many other things with this GPS including changing base maps - using the hidden menus to edit certain functions etc etc... but I just can't get this :confused:
[font=Arial Narrow][color=royalblue][color=deepskyblue][b]4WD Offroading & Modifications [url=http://www.MUDRHINO.COM.AU]WWW.MUDRHINO.COM.AU[/url] :eek: [/b][/color][/color][/font]

DIRTY
Avid Poster

Unread post by DIRTY » February 3rd, 2007, 2:24 pm

I believe that you are limited to 1000 points when "breadcruming", so thats 10km at a 10m interval, 50km at a 50m interval, etc.

How far do you want to be able to breadcrumb? Intervals are pretty close at 10m IMHO.
Going Up or Going Over

MudRhino
Part of the furniture

Unread post by MudRhino » February 3rd, 2007, 4:54 pm

Yep, I understand what your saying - and thats my issue.

How can you make it do multiple breadcrumbs?

I know its possible - I have done it before, but by accident - thus I have no idea how to do it again.

For the record, when you do multiple breadcrumbs each bread crumb is shown in a different colour.
[font=Arial Narrow][color=royalblue][color=deepskyblue][b]4WD Offroading & Modifications [url=http://www.MUDRHINO.COM.AU]WWW.MUDRHINO.COM.AU[/url] :eek: [/b][/color][/color][/font]

Return to “GPS Tech”