Yep same old indash GPS question - Has anyone bought one of

Getting un-lost is half the fun
Dicko_81
Here and there

Yep same old indash GPS question - Has anyone bought one of

Unread post by Dicko_81 » April 5th, 2016, 5:58 pm

Hi folks just need to pick the collective wisdom of the members of this site. Planning a cape trip for the middle of this year and was looking at replacing the head unit in our 2007 Toyota Hilux with a model with GPS. Oh yeah that is where the fun starts ...... it appears that you can spend many many monies. I have found this one from Elinz on the interwebs.

Toyota 2 DIN In Dash Car GPS DVD Player Stereo Radio Hilux Landcruiser Prado IPOD http://www.elinz.com.au/buy/toyota-2-di ... 17-RVSMALL - It has everything I need including the reversing camera. But I do need something that is easy to install maps on (as you see I couldn't cut and paste a hyperlink so skills are not high). I really can't afford the twelve hundred plus for some of the brand name units.

Cheers

Dicko

goldiexxxx
Been here a while

Re: Yep same old indash GPS question - Has anyone bought one

Unread post by goldiexxxx » April 5th, 2016, 7:19 pm

Had one of these a few years ago. All of its functions worked really well .............. except the GPS NAVIGATION. It would occasionally lock the satellites about once a month until the car was shut off.
Pretty useless for GPS, not even an external GPS antenna seemed to do much for it.

Goldie

Dicko_81
Here and there

Unread post by Dicko_81 » April 10th, 2016, 5:55 pm

Thanks mate, the hard part is to buy 'brand' products costs a fortune / sell a kidney type money!

Clarkey16
Been here a while

Unread post by Clarkey16 » April 11th, 2016, 1:11 pm

Go for an Android based system, then you can use Hema, VMS, Mud Maps whatever you like from Google Play.
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/6-2-Android- ... Swp5JWV~Rg
Yes I did! Built with spanners not chop sticks!

Return to “GPS Tech”