"MUD MAPS FOR ANDROID" Instructions - can anybody assist?

Getting un-lost is half the fun
Ranger50
Avid Poster

"MUD MAPS FOR ANDROID" Instructions - can anybody assist?

Unread post by Ranger50 » February 8th, 2015, 7:10 am

Hi guys,

Downloaded mud maps for androids yesterday, maps seem fine but I can't seem to find any instructions in the download on how to use the app. and maps!!

When it comes to technology I'm a bit technically challenged but I do understand the basics, but instruction on how to drop pins, plan routes, find the map you want from all the rest(places, areas aren't called the same as the map) ect would be great help!!!

If anybody can assist it would be much appreciated!!!

Cheers Ranger50 :thumb: :drink: :drink:
Last edited by Ranger50 on May 10th, 2015, 6:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
FordRangerPKDC2009HighlandGreenDeluxebarWinchSnorkelLR TankCanopyXXXHIDDLightsUHFReverseCameraDualBatteriesOBCompressorHID conversion2inLiftBFGAT2657516WetseatSeatcoversTurbo TimerCustomrockersBattMon

Ranger50
Avid Poster

Re: Anybody got "MUD MAPS FOR ANDROID" Instructions?

Unread post by Ranger50 » February 21st, 2015, 6:52 am

"What nobody's got any experience with mudmaps"

"Maybe I Bought the wrong maps"
FordRangerPKDC2009HighlandGreenDeluxebarWinchSnorkelLR TankCanopyXXXHIDDLightsUHFReverseCameraDualBatteriesOBCompressorHID conversion2inLiftBFGAT2657516WetseatSeatcoversTurbo TimerCustomrockersBattMon

Ranger50
Avid Poster

Re: "MUD MAPS FOR ANDROID" Instructions? Apparently not even

Unread post by Ranger50 » May 10th, 2015, 7:01 am

Hi Guys,

My suggestion is avoid Mud Maps like the plague!!!!

This post has been up for months and not even mud maps themselves have posted or even contacted me to try and help, there is apparently no such thing as after sales customer service to this company.

Well done Mud Maps, they certainly don't follow the true blue aussie spirit of helping people!!!!

Once they've got your money see ya later, don't want to know ya!!!!!

Cheers Ranger50 :thumb: :drink: :drink:

st_za
Here and there

Unread post by st_za » May 11th, 2015, 2:02 pm

An app is a tool. Apply the same mindset and methodology as you would learning a new trade or physical tool and don't rely on the tool's maker to provide training.

The latest 4 videos on https://www.youtube.com/user/MudMapTV are tutorials for the iOS version of Mud Maps 2 but everything should still be applicable to the Android version even though some things be a little different.

There's also http://kb.mud-maps.com/help/discussions which seems to be quite active and would probably already have answers to a lot of your questions.

Play around with the app. You can't break it by using it. And if you do, just uninstall and reinstall it to start from scratch.

PS If you feel that you are "technologically challenged" then I would suggest learning how to use the internet to find information - in other words, how to find answers to your questions. I suggest starting with learning how to word Google search queries to get the best results, how the Google "site:" search function works, how to navigate most forums, how to search forums (and search within search results) and don't forget Youtube too.
The average human walks 1,500km per year and drinks 83L of beer which means we're getting 18km/L.

Lovey71
Here and there

Unread post by Lovey71 » May 11th, 2015, 4:32 pm

G'day Ranger50,
have you tried contacting them via their website, surely there must be other people in your situation? Maybe they don't monitor this forum very much and may not have seen your post. The android version may be similar, if not the same, in its functionality, so you could use the IOS guides on their site also.
Just a thought,
Steve.

Ranger50
Avid Poster

Re: "MUD MAPS FOR ANDROID" Instructions - can anybody assist

Unread post by Ranger50 » May 22nd, 2016, 6:18 am

Hi Guys,

Worked out all my previous problems, but now I have a new one.

I was away for 2 weeks recently and while tracking to my final destination the maps just froze and wouldn't move to the next map although the red tracking arrow kept moving on a blank screen.

Can anybody tell me what caused this, and why the next map wouldn't appear??

Cheers Ranger 50

Return to “GPS Tech”