Mud Map 2

Getting un-lost is half the fun
Neat 60
Part of the furniture

Re: Mud Map 2

Unread post by Neat 60 » June 26th, 2014, 9:35 am

Thanks Mudmap.

Just checked the App Store and I'm yet to get that update - I'll keep an eye out.

Ezookiel
Need to get out more

How about a Father's Day special?

Unread post by Ezookiel » August 29th, 2014, 8:51 am

Can I be really cheeky and say, "How about a special deal for Father's Day"? ;)
I'm going to have to subsidise my own Father's Day present to bring it to within the budget my kids have, so any help would be greatly appreciated ;)
Come on, I'm sure there would be many grateful Forumites who'd love the opportunity :D

barmanbob
Here and there

Unread post by barmanbob » February 23rd, 2015, 8:34 pm

Bought mud maps on the weekend however I've filled the I pad with maps and ran out of room. My question is can I buy a wireless hard drive like the sea gate hard drive and use it to store more maps

Ezookiel
Need to get out more

Unread post by Ezookiel » March 10th, 2015, 9:09 pm

I tried plotting a route on MM2, and find that you can only mark around 100points, that's not enough to mark from here to the exit from Canberra, let alone a significant route, but if you mark only turns, there's a risk of missing one, and worse, your indictor for direction to travel is off to beggary the whole time until you reach that turn, unless you're on a direct line to that turn.
Very unhappy with this discovery, as I do not feel confident following a route laid out that way. Even my antique Garmin handheld could mark all the way along the entire route. It's a pain to do, but you at least always know you're on the right track.
From the video of the Hema in operation, it looks like theirs does that.
Please tell me I've got something wrong, and that this isn't the way it normally works.

Ranger50
Avid Poster

Unread post by Ranger50 » April 9th, 2015, 7:56 am

I bought Mudmaps and found there are no instructions on how to navigate or operate the App!!!!

Another problem I have found was when I first looked at Mudmaps, the App I wanted said there was around 513 maps for a storage size of around 19GB, my tablet only had 16GB so I bought a 32GB micro SD card before purchasing the App.
Once I bought and downloaded the maps I checked my tablets storage capacity and it said I had only used around 6GB of it's storage capacity!!! Does this mean I don't have all the maps I paid for???

The last problem I have found is the the map names in the files don't correspond to the map locations for example if I open a map titled Horsham(VIC) I get a map on King Island(TAS)
This doesn't make sense to me!!!

Can anyone help with the problems I'm having?????

Cheers Ranger50 :thumb: :drink: :drink:
FordRangerPKDC2009HighlandGreenDeluxebarWinchSnorkelLR TankCanopyXXXHIDDLightsUHFReverseCameraDualBatteriesOBCompressorHID conversion2inLiftBFGAT2657516WetseatSeatcoversTurbo TimerCustomrockersBattMon

mydmax
Need to get out more

Unread post by mydmax » April 9th, 2015, 10:22 am

Ranger50

WELCOME to MUDMAPS. Read BooBook's comments he has it all tabbed.

Neat 60
Part of the furniture

Unread post by Neat 60 » April 14th, 2015, 9:35 am

I don't get the Mudmap 2 regular updates that I used to get. Is anyone getting them?

boobook
Part of the furniture

Unread post by boobook » May 25th, 2015, 8:48 am

There was a post back in Jan or Feb, I think it may have been on 4x4 Earth or here that Mudmaps had laid off nearly everyone and it was hard to get any support. Not sure how true that is, But I haven't seen Mudmap post on any forum for pretty much this year. He may have been one of the ones that went if it was right. He was posting somewhere every few days up until then.

Ezookiel
Need to get out more

Unread post by Ezookiel » June 14th, 2015, 6:01 pm

Given how useless the app is for routing a trip, and the fact that even the expensive paid topographic maps have missing gaps in them, I'm not at all surprised. I would have loved to be able to get my money back that I paid for the app and maps, and bought the Hema version instead.

Neat 60
Part of the furniture

Unread post by Neat 60 » November 13th, 2015, 1:47 pm

So I just received an email from Mudmap announcing the soon to be released Mudmap 3. I hope they continue to provide (cough cough) 'support' to Mudmap 2 :confused:

Naviguesser
Getting to know the place

Unread post by Naviguesser » November 19th, 2015, 9:17 pm

^^

Not a hope! From a disgruntled Mud Map HD purchaser who did his money.

Neat 60
Part of the furniture

Unread post by Neat 60 » November 21st, 2015, 9:44 am

An extract from an email I received from Mud Map

'If you purchased Mud Map 2 after 1st May 2015, you quality for a free upgrade to Mud Map 3'

So in other words if you bought Mud Map 2 prior to 1st May 2015 TS :irked:

boobook
Part of the furniture

Unread post by boobook » November 21st, 2015, 10:41 am

LOL looks like they are up to their old tricks again.

$150 less $25 rebate for most Mudmap users. Plus it looks like the only maps you can bring across are the Westprint ones.

I love this though, after multiple posts from Mudmap on how great their The Map project( otherwise known as Open Street Maps) was this is on their website.

I'm Li and will be helping you with the issues you are having,

By Mud Map project, you are referring to THEMAP, it's a feature exclusive to Mud Map 2.

Mud Map project was a great initiative but in reality it had some issues. Due to it's community made roots, data accurate and completeness was always in question. This time around in Mud Map 3, we decided to include maps from authoritative providers with rigorous quality standards. You'll noticed all the TOPO maps are the same maps used by SES and Rural fire services around the country. These are the most accurate and up to date maps available on the market.

Should you have other questions, just give me a shout any time.

Check out the complaints here.. OMG I really feel sorry for people who handed over $150 for MM1 or 2

http://kb.mud-maps.com/help/discussions/problems

Gawd how do people like this stay in business.

Neat 60
Part of the furniture

Unread post by Neat 60 » November 21st, 2015, 11:58 am

WOW that link provides some interesting reading :ooh:

Return to “GPS Tech”