Mud Map 2

Getting un-lost is half the fun
MUDmap
Been here a while

Re: Mud Map 2

Unread post by MUDmap » July 24th, 2013, 3:40 pm

Boobook.

Bing, Landsat and few other sources have granted the OSM community the rights to use satellite images when mapping. Data that's in the public domain such as GeoScience, LINZ etc are also used.

Users can also submit their GPS tracks via www.openstreetmap.org, which are used by mappers to verify geometry. This feature will also be built right into Mud Map 2 and will be available in the near future.
Powerful 4WD Navigation apps & maps | Mud Map 2 for iPhone & iPad | Mud Map Android app | www.mud-maps.com

Guss
Admin

Unread post by Guss » July 31st, 2013, 12:15 pm

We have cleaned this thread please post to topic & lets move on..

Guss. ;)
200 Series VX Twin-Turbo V8 Diesel Landcruiser
viewtopic.php?f=187&t=160755

NM 3.2 DID Pajero with a few Mods. SOLD..

viewtopic.php?f=187&t=34585

andy086
Been here a while

Unread post by andy086 » October 13th, 2013, 12:32 pm

Hopefully Mudmap you can help me with this. I'm trying to convert my Hema Topo maps (.ozf2) files with the map converter and I get this error message.

"+ No maps has been successfully converted.

+ List of maps that were converted with error:
- Australia Topo 250.map: Failed to get the map's image size.
- Hema Australia 1m.map: Failed to get the map's image size."

Tried it numerous times and always get the same result.. Followed the instructions on your website, check the file names are the same and also in the same directory.

Is that the message that is produced if the maps are encrypted?

MUDmap
Been here a while

Unread post by MUDmap » October 16th, 2013, 9:57 am

ozf2 files are never encrypted, sounds like there's some other issue. Can you send me one of these maps via email, I will have a go at converting it on my PC and get back to you.
Powerful 4WD Navigation apps & maps | Mud Map 2 for iPhone & iPad | Mud Map Android app | www.mud-maps.com

boobook
Part of the furniture

Unread post by boobook » October 16th, 2013, 4:51 pm

Dunno if this helps or not Mudmap, but I have been working with converting files using the GDAL library, if you use that you may find a similar problem.

Some Hema maps for Ozi use DMS and some use UTM.
Basically GDAL has a bug for UTM in the southern Hemisphere where it does not calculate N-S correctly ( and will try to invert it). I don't believe it has been fixed.

If you don't use GDAL then this won't affect you of course, but it took a while for me to figure it out.

MUDmap
Been here a while

Unread post by MUDmap » October 16th, 2013, 4:58 pm

Thanks for the info Boobook.

Prozak06
I'm new, be nice!

Unread post by Prozak06 » October 24th, 2013, 8:54 pm

Ok so take into consideration that i am a total GPS nav bimbo....

I had initially downloaded and install the original MudMaps and subscribe to the SmartTopo maps. I work in a lot of remote areas and am in and out of many addresses each day. One of the best features i loved about MM and SmartTopo was autorouting and i could be offline, punch in an address, track location, Co-ordinates and it would set a route for me and off i went.

Updated to iOS 7 and all of a sudden MM stops working, apparently my Smarttopo subscription has expired?? i wish to renew and i can't??

now i'm forced to purchase MM2 as MMHD is $1100.00 in itunes??! Are you Kidding?

and now i have not auto routing.

sure i can see 'THE MAP' having its benefits, but i'm really pissed i paid for this app and half the features are no longer available....

im tempted to purchase the Topo maps but not if i can't auto route? Whats the story Mud Maps?

oncedisturbed
Part of the furniture

Unread post by oncedisturbed » October 27th, 2013, 7:35 pm

MUDmap wrote:ozf2 files are never encrypted, sounds like there's some other issue. Can you send me one of these maps via email, I will have a go at converting it on my PC and get back to you.

Unfortunately not quite true, currently any of the HEMA / Geoscience ozf files are unable to be coverted to MM map files regardless of MM-map convertor build.

MUDmap
Been here a while

Unread post by MUDmap » November 1st, 2013, 4:59 pm

some ozfx3 are encrypted, unfortunately, there's no easy way to tell other than to run them through our map converter.

All ozfx4 files are encrypted.

I haven't come across any encrypted ozf2, but if you have, please clarify.

MUDmap
Been here a while

Unread post by MUDmap » November 1st, 2013, 5:00 pm

hey prozak, get in touch with me here and we'll work something out.

Li.

sampathh
I'm new, be nice!

Unread post by sampathh » May 21st, 2014, 10:05 am

I'm still having issues with using the map converter to convert OziExplorer maps.
Can anyone help if I send through the files..?
Ta,
Sam

Peter Aawen
Admin

Unread post by Peter Aawen » May 21st, 2014, 10:54 am

Hi Sam, it might be best to start a discussion on that via the link MudMap put in his post (the one just above yours) - that way it'll get thru to them quicker & more directly.... ;)

altho if anyone here has any better knowledge/skills with the map converters they can certainly still offer to help & post up!?!
An Ex-Service person is someone who thought enough about their country & how great it is, how lucky we are to live here, to write a blank cheque made out to 'The People and Commonwealth of Australia' for the value of 'Up to & including my Life!'

MUDmap
Been here a while

Unread post by MUDmap » June 24th, 2014, 7:31 am

Sam, you are welcome to send me a copy of the map file you are having issues with so I can have a look and get back to you.

You can reach me via our help desk here.

Neat 60
Part of the furniture

Unread post by Neat 60 » June 25th, 2014, 5:27 pm

Mudmap,

Tried sending you a message via your help desk and it wont allow me to send it as a compulsory 'category' field needs to be completed which is blank??

Anyway below is my problem.

By accessing the menu tab on the top left of the screen and selecting 'pins' mine seemed to have dissapeared, same with my track routes. I cant say when they dissapeared from the menu tab but what is strange is they are still on the map??

Can you provide an solution?

MUDmap
Been here a while

Unread post by MUDmap » June 26th, 2014, 7:58 am

Hey 60, this is a known issue and the good news is that the fix was released yesterday via a free update (4.4.1). It's available from the app store.

Return to “GPS Tech”