Is there anybody out there

Show us your photographic skills and work in here
adventureoz
I'm new, be nice!

Re: Is there anybody out there

Unread post by adventureoz » June 10th, 2018, 2:52 pm

Yeah they really are nice shots... but you have to post where they are so we can all go.

The Jacobite
I'm Baack!

Unread post by The Jacobite » June 11th, 2018, 7:39 am

but you have to post where they are so we can all go.
The Lighthouse is at Norah Head one the Central Coast of NSW. :)

beaujest4
Part of the furniture

Unread post by beaujest4 » June 13th, 2018, 9:40 am

adventureoz wrote:
June 10th, 2018, 2:52 pm
Yeah they really are nice shots... but you have to post where they are so we can all go.
Or the train tunnels, west of Glenreagh, NSW

beaujest4
Part of the furniture

Unread post by beaujest4 » June 24th, 2018, 9:42 am

Over the June Long Weekend we held our usual JLW. Have missed the last couple of years but made sure to do this one and get back into it. Enjoyed the weekend, some good 4wding and the usual campfire chats. The one thing that annoyed me was, well me. Been shooting mostly landscapes and not the 4wd track shots. the photos showed how out of touch I was with it. Took some shockers over the weekend. Worst I have done for a long time. Forgot that much and trying to shoot in low light, not thinking to change settings to compensate to try and capture the action. Some very blurry shots. oh well live and learn I guess.

The Jacobite
I'm Baack!

Unread post by The Jacobite » June 26th, 2018, 7:15 am

Hi Beaujest4
I reckon I'd be a pretty rusty myself..... Just pure laziness, no excuses.
We're off to NZ in August. 12 days Motorhome around the South Island and then a week in Queenstown with a couple of those days Skiing. I'd like to think I'm going to take some dramatic Landscapes!!!
I need to get my photography mojo back...! Anyway, see what happens.

beaujest4
Part of the furniture

Unread post by beaujest4 » June 26th, 2018, 10:12 am

Enjoy. I have heard there are a few landscape opportunities in NZ.

beaujest4
Part of the furniture

Unread post by beaujest4 » October 21st, 2018, 9:11 am

Went out just after most of the rain, was still raining whie we were out there, but a bit more flow in the old creek

and then a couple of days later to another fall, the flow had settled a little and water had cleared a lot

The Jacobite
I'm Baack!

Unread post by The Jacobite » Yesterday, 7:16 am

Nice shots mate.
Quite a torrent of water!!

Haven't been on here for a while. Still not a lot going on sadly. Anyway........
Got some of my Photo Mojo back lol. ;)

Well I had the opportunity recently to borrow my mates Canon 300mm f4L with a 1.4 converter giving me a total 672mm of focal length taking my crop factor of x1.6 into account as well. Took it up to the Barrington Tops and to a local NP. Man it was a blast trying to nail these little buggers. Lost a stop because of the converter so I decided to incorporate Fill Flash using HSS [high speed sync] because I was shooting at 1/500th Tv [shutter speed priority] Auto iso in this case so I could still get the shot. These images aint going up on billboards so a little noise wasn't a concern. Besides, I could reduce this in post. Used a tripod sometimes fully set up or as a Monopod. Had a few goes at hand held but with massive fails. These three images were the best of about 150 files.

My 2012 27" iMac died....... :cry: Graphic Card slowly went over the last month. Got a good run out of it though. It was flawless all that time. So time for an upgrade. Chosen the 2017 27" 5K i5 3.4 base model. Wow! I thought my old one was the Bee's Knee's. What a display. Very adequate for what I do. Some would argue an overkill but sorry, the new released iMac 5K Retina display is jaw dropping.
Cheers. :D

Return to “Photography”