St Peters Basillica

Show us your photographic skills and work in here
fastwrx

St Peters Basillica

Unread post by fastwrx » January 28th, 2017, 2:45 pm

So i popped in to catch up with the Pope June last year,while I was there I grabbed a couple of photos.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Peter Aawen
Admin

Re: St Peters Basillica

Unread post by Peter Aawen » January 28th, 2017, 4:19 pm

So how was the Pope?? Pic looks pretty good! :thumb:

Is that just one wide angle pic?? Or is it a panorama of a few pics stitched together?
An Ex-Service person is someone who thought enough about their country & how great it is, how lucky we are to live here, to write a blank cheque made out to 'The People and Commonwealth of Australia' for the value of 'Up to & including my Life!'

fastwrx

Unread post by fastwrx » January 28th, 2017, 4:41 pm

the Pope was a bit too busy to chat. something about having to open another door.

the oic is a pano, multiple shots stitched in photoshop

Peter Aawen
Admin

Unread post by Peter Aawen » January 28th, 2017, 5:00 pm

Bad luck about the Pope, he coulda had a pic taken with you & then had it framed & labelled - 'Some fella in a night-gown & a funny hat on the Vatican balcony with Fastwrx' - woulda gone over well! :thumb:

Glad it's a pano tho, that explains a few things, like the guy with no nose or left hand, & the lady with only one leg & no body! :purplex:

That aside, it's a bloody impressive place isn't it?!? And it really drives home how young Aust is as a country! You planning on a return visit? Or another trip to see other places over there?
An Ex-Service person is someone who thought enough about their country & how great it is, how lucky we are to live here, to write a blank cheque made out to 'The People and Commonwealth of Australia' for the value of 'Up to & including my Life!'

fastwrx

Unread post by fastwrx » January 28th, 2017, 5:57 pm

Yeah, bloody Pope, he knew I was coming I'm sure.

I'm just trying to line up a couple of weeks in Paris at the end of the year. I got 2 days there last year and I really want to go back and explore some more.

Here's another pano for the photo forum :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Peter Aawen
Admin

Unread post by Peter Aawen » January 28th, 2017, 6:12 pm

Not only is that part of the world so much older'n our 'european settlement' here in Aust, but there's a whole heap more of them over there too!! Seeing those places in the flesh not only really drives home how young we are as a country, but also how lightly settled our continent is!! That pic with ancient houses as far as the eye can see is not unique! Last visit we made that way, I very quickly began to miss the sky, especially the night-time sky - there were just so many nearby lights from all the houses & villages surrounding us that the stars in the night sky were all just washed out due to all the scattered & diffused light! We spent more'n a couple of weeks over there & actively sought their 'remote places' during that time, but just couldn't find anywhere that didn't have lights showing pretty much all around us each night! Made a fella feel just a little crowded & hemmed in! :eek:

Over there, there's just Nothing at all to match spending a week camping in the middle of the Simpson Desert or somewhere along the Canning Stock Route with NOTHING showing at all within sight each & every night! ;)

fastwrx

Unread post by fastwrx » January 28th, 2017, 9:45 pm

I know what you mean, but there's so much to see in the world. We're lucky we can travel as easily as we do. Burke and WIlls was only 160 years ago.

the-viking
Part of the furniture

Unread post by the-viking » February 2nd, 2017, 7:09 am

Hey Mr Rexy.

Great shots. With the Cathedral one, are there vertical stitches as well?

fastwrx

Unread post by fastwrx » February 5th, 2017, 5:15 pm

nope, all done in landscape, on an Olympus OM-D, 12-50mm lens

Return to “Photography”