Hey Viking!!

Show us your photographic skills and work in here
the-viking
Part of the furniture

Hey Viking!!

Unread post by the-viking » January 3rd, 2017, 8:13 am

Hi Viking.

How was your Xmas and New Year? Santa bring anything of interest?

Cheers

the-viking
Part of the furniture

Re: Hey Viking!!

Unread post by the-viking » January 3rd, 2017, 8:18 am

Viking!! How is ya mate?

Xmas Shmismas...... :rolleyes: Glad we're near the end of it all. But to answer your question it was ok. Wife and I bought a Gopro 5 as a joint gift and got bits and pieces here and there. Worked NYE.
Just about to leave for Crescent Head to visit friends but more excitingly off to NZ next month. What about you? ;) :D

the-viking
Part of the furniture

Unread post by the-viking » January 3rd, 2017, 8:20 am

Pretty much the same..... :sillywink:

Anyway. Good chatting to ya. Hope to see some good photos this year. :lol:

Peter Aawen
Admin

Unread post by Peter Aawen » January 3rd, 2017, 11:18 am

Hey Viking!! Good to see that you'n all the mob here in the photography section are still able to catch up with each other on a regular basis, & that the quality pics are still flowing. :sillywink:

Still, very glad to see that you've survived Christmas, got a nice new toy, & that the New Year has got some local AND o/s photo ops in store for you!! Hopefully we will get to see some travel pics once you get back??

Here's to All the Best for you'n yours in the coming year! Hope you enjoy all the family time, 4WD'ing, & photo ops you could wish for! :thumb:
An Ex-Service person is someone who thought enough about their country & how great it is, how lucky we are to live here, to write a blank cheque made out to 'The People and Commonwealth of Australia' for the value of 'Up to & including my Life!'

the-viking
Part of the furniture

Unread post by the-viking » January 6th, 2017, 3:40 pm

Why thank you very much Mr Aawen... I hope you had a good one and all well with your side of life. :)

Just before we took off to Crescent Head had a disaster happen at work..... Its a long story but got most of it sorted out before we took off. The wife and I promised ourselves we wouldn't let it affect our little trip away and we both agreed we wouldn't talk about work. We pulled it off and had a very very relaxed time. It wasn't actually Crescent Head it was Gladston just east of Kempsey. Our friends have got 110 acres and we just chilled out. Lots of food, moderate drinking and good company. :thumb:
Now back in reality land and sorting out the tail end of this mess. :mad:
We'll get through it though.

Very much looking forward to NZ. First week south Island second week north island at a mates property. He use to be a professional Photographer actually and worked for a company called Federal Publishers back in the 80's early 90's. One of the mags they shot for was the old 'Bush Driver' mag. You familiar with it? Any way he drifted from Photography as a career and went into his own business. It was him I did my small Photo Course with in Sydney back in 1979.... :eek: Sheeeesh! I ended up Army he went Pro Photog. He's going to take me out and about on a couple of the days. Take care and chat soon. :D

fastwrx

Unread post by fastwrx » January 8th, 2017, 11:05 am

Hey Viking, Viking and Peter,

Hope you all have a wonderful new year :)

Stu

the-viking
Part of the furniture

Unread post by the-viking » January 8th, 2017, 4:18 pm

Ha ha.... thanks Stu. Same to you mate.

Cheers.

:thumb:

Peter Aawen
Admin

Unread post by Peter Aawen » January 8th, 2017, 4:59 pm

Ditto here, hoping you have a good one & that all your dreams & desires for 2017 happen the way you would like them to...... errr, hang on, maybe I'd better scale that back a bit! I don't think you're allowed to do that in/to a car on public roads here!! :eek:

:p Regardless, all the best for the New Year; maybe we'll even get to catch up out there somewhere. :thumb:

Ps: that 'BushDriver' mag (& Ric Williams [RIP]) was a wonderful thing (especially for independent operators) back in the day (mid/late 70's & on) - I don't doubt that the entire concept of Recreational & Sports 4WD'ing in Aust & a whole bunch of other mags & businesses weren't the only things that 'little mag' & Ric helped to kick off! ;)
An Ex-Service person is someone who thought enough about their country & how great it is, how lucky we are to live here, to write a blank cheque made out to 'The People and Commonwealth of Australia' for the value of 'Up to & including my Life!'

fastwrx

Unread post by fastwrx » January 8th, 2017, 8:52 pm

I do believe that this is the most action the photo forum has had for a while.

Have a photo of Herb to celebrate :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

the-viking
Part of the furniture

Unread post by the-viking » January 9th, 2017, 7:09 am

:eek: :eek: :eek:!!!! Dear Lord!!!

Mate! You should have given us a warning you were putting a photo up. Just gotta catch my breath...... Not because its a frog but because its a photo! :sillywink:

Ok then, I'm all good. Hey Herb. I love the Green Tree Frogs. Where I just came from at Gladstone, east of Kempsey, they have them every night on at least two windows of the house.

:thumb:

fastwrx

Unread post by fastwrx » January 9th, 2017, 4:19 pm

Aww man I wasn't thinking. I just.....you know....threw a photo up. So sorry for the scare.

Maybe a nice calming flower might help?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

the-viking
Part of the furniture

Unread post by the-viking » January 13th, 2017, 7:26 am

It's all good mate. I'm ok. It's just..... well you know, bit of a shock that's all. Thanks for the flowers btw....... :lol: lol. Never thought I'd be saying that to a fellow member. Lol

So. Let's all be honest. Do you think we'll be flogging a dead horse or do you reckon there's a remote chance we can get this back up and running?

fastwrx

Unread post by fastwrx » January 14th, 2017, 12:18 pm

I can just hear the crickets over the fat lady singing

the-viking
Part of the furniture

Unread post by the-viking » January 15th, 2017, 4:46 am

fastwrx wrote:I can just hear the crickets over the fat lady singing
Yep. I'm afraid I can too........ :o

fastwrx

Unread post by fastwrx » January 15th, 2017, 4:45 pm

hehe

Return to “Photography”