Show us your photographic skills and work in here
the-viking
Part of the furniture

August Photo Comp - Winner Announced!

Unread post by the-viking » July 30th, 2016, 4:58 pm

****** Edit: Winner Announced - see last post! ******

Topic: As chosen by Hamo1.

'Night Time'

Step outside your comfort zones guys. Get creative!! :)

You may display as many photos as you like, but you can only enter one. If there is multiple images, and you haven't nominated which one is your entry, the first one will be entered.

Photos must be taken within the submission period. EXIF data will be used to verify the date the photo was taken, so make sure your cameras time/date settings are correct. Some software removes the EXIF data. If no data exists, you will be asked to provide it, re-load the photo, or remove the photo.

No exceptions to the above rule. If there is no EXIF data, or the times don't match, your photo is ineligble to be entered and will be removed from the competition. If you don't agree, don't enter. Your entry will verify you agree with these rules, so no negotiations will be entered into should you disagree later.

The idea behind this is to get everyone thinking, and get out there and shoot something you might not normally take a photo of. It's not designed for who's got the best photo they took three years ago.

Submissions will be open from Midnight Sun 31.7.16 to Midnight Wed 31.8.16
Last edited by the-viking on August 22nd, 2016, 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

the-viking
Part of the furniture

Re: August Photo Comp

Unread post by the-viking » July 30th, 2016, 5:06 pm

Ok team. There's an advantage to being one comp ahead it so seams. I can't get the voting up and running still from the last comp but because we are ahead I can get the next one underway so thats what the above is all about. So get out there.... :D

Sorry Todka, at least I reckon you'll want to get your teeth into Augusts comp anyway but please throw some photos up of the new beast. In the mean time I'll ask Mr Aawen to slide this months comp up into 'Announcements'.. :)

Hamo1
Been here a while

Unread post by Hamo1 » August 12th, 2016, 6:15 pm

Prob wont get to this comp. Hopefully the next one.
Had surgery last thursday on my finger i broke a tendon 2 months ago (long story local hospital fucked up and are a bunch of c words) Anyways i got another surgery again in 10 weeks to reatach tendon with a graft bla bla so may not get to the next few as cant drive or do much atm.

But hopefully everyone else pitches in to the comp :waycool:

the-viking
Part of the furniture

Unread post by the-viking » August 12th, 2016, 6:51 pm

Mate I hope that all works out for you. You still need to PM me your theme of choice for September. :)

coops62
Avid Poster

Unread post by coops62 » August 14th, 2016, 6:20 pm

trying to sneak this one past (technically the sun wasn't fully up :P) just in case I don't get back

Okay, fair enough. This one was taken five minutes earlier

Last edited by coops62 on August 16th, 2016, 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
96 STD HZJ80, 1HDF-T , Gturbo, W2A Intercooler, locked & lifted

the-viking
Part of the furniture

Unread post by the-viking » August 15th, 2016, 3:52 pm

Jeez Coops.... I don't know mate. More Sun Set/Rise theme... ;)
I'll have to call a Snap Comity meeting with the wife and Kids when they get home. I'll put in a good word for ya and see how we go. :D
Dam nice photo btw. :thumb:

the-viking
Part of the furniture

Unread post by the-viking » August 20th, 2016, 8:25 am

Is it me or is it not so chatty in the forum these days? :confused: Seems to be ever since the upgrade. Well I hope there's a sudden avalanche of entries towards the end.

Great second image Coops :thumb: . Though I thought you'd have jumped at this months topic with your past Star images and all. Anyhoo.... Good to see you back and active on here, says me. So dam busy at work. Good news is I'm back on a roster as of next week similar to before which gives me way more time.

Btw, heres my new thought. So now because we don't have to wait for the existing theme to finish to start the new one, there's no reason we can't let each month run to the end. That is, the new theme will always start at midnight on the first of each month and end at midnight on the end date of that month. While a topic is underway we can be voting on the previous months entries at a leisurely rate, call a winner and get the next chosen theme ready. So having explained that, clearly I hope, this months topic will now finish at midnight on Wed 31st.
I just have to get Hamo to PM me his chosen topic for September. So Hamo can you PM your September Topic please? :D

Qldelsie
Getting to know the place

Unread post by Qldelsie » August 21st, 2016, 8:59 pm

Location signs in photo say it all, really. The end result of 3 years or preparation and driving that brought tears to my eyes to have achieved it !
Giles
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

the-viking
Part of the furniture

Unread post by the-viking » August 22nd, 2016, 4:28 pm

Hello Qldelsie.
Location signs say it all if you know where the flipping hell Ushuaia is lol :lol:
Had to look that one up..
Going on your name I take it your an Ozy doing some overseas 4x4 adventures.
How long have you been in South America? Love to hear more about the trip and see more pics.
This post will have to be moved to the right spot too. Your in the photo comp section. Look forward to some more about your trip.
Cheers.

coops62
Avid Poster

Unread post by coops62 » August 23rd, 2016, 7:27 pm

Just getting my ***** together, started working again last month and first pay yesterday. Got some catching up to do for the bank manager :( Started on shift this week so will get a few days off moving forward, hopefully can join in again. Enjoyed my time away from the workforce but it doesn't pay very well and things were crumbling towards the end there. Got a six month contract but hoping to get it extended after they've seen my brilliance shine through. At worst it allows me to get back on my feet again. Been taking a few shots too but no specific genre

Site has had an upgrade ??? :rolleyes:
Last edited by coops62 on August 23rd, 2016, 7:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Qldelsie
Getting to know the place

Unread post by Qldelsie » August 24th, 2016, 9:59 am

Sorry the-viking!! There are SO many people doing that trip in their cars that one forgets sometimes.
Yes, I'm a Qlder who decided exploring was what I wanted to do in my retirement, and after taking a Lotus up the Alaskan Ice Trucker's Hway in 2012, decided I wanted more, so traded the Lotus for a Troopie and set off. Just got home last week, and car should (hopefully) arrive back in Brissy on 25th September. See my tale in the Epic Adventures section here http://www.4wdaction.com.au/forum/viewt ... 9&t=150074
which includes my blog site for more pics etc.
Giles

the-viking
Part of the furniture

Unread post by the-viking » August 27th, 2016, 5:46 am

coops62 wrote:Just getting my **** together, started working again last month and first pay yesterday. Got some catching up to do for the bank manager :( Started on shift this week so will get a few days off moving forward, hopefully can join in again. Enjoyed my time away from the workforce but it doesn't pay very well and things were crumbling towards the end there. Got a six month contract but hoping to get it extended after they've seen my brilliance shine through. At worst it allows me to get back on my feet again. Been taking a few shots too but no specific genre

Site has had an upgrade ??? :rolleyes:
618 Te Matai rd
                 Te Puke

Glad to see things picking up for you mate.

Site has had an upgrade Coops but unfortunately I think it may have sent some folk packing. Not so much the upgrade, I don't mind it personally, but the lack of admin response to issues due to the upgrade. Still after all this time, I can't use the site on my iPhone anymore.
Anyway.
Take the Photography and Camping forums. Look at the common denominator for thread responses, more particularly in the Photography. I'm feeling so lonely. Lol
There's just no more buzz in these two forums. Camping may be because of the time of year but what's going on in the Photog section? My excuse for this month is time again. I'm still not out of the picture yet. There's still a couple of nights left. Hamo hasn't even gotten back to me for next months topic. Looks like I'll be having to pick it. In fact! Iv just made a level 9 decision. Next months topic is B&W Landscape. There done! :p This will kick off from midnight on the 31st Aug.
Come on guys. Let's see a last minute flood of entries for Hamo's 'Night Time'! :)

the-viking
Part of the furniture

Unread post by the-viking » August 27th, 2016, 5:53 am

Qldelsie wrote:Sorry the-viking!! There are SO many people doing that trip in their cars that one forgets sometimes.
Yes, I'm a Qlder who decided exploring was what I wanted to do in my retirement, and after taking a Lotus up the Alaskan Ice Trucker's Hway in 2012, decided I wanted more, so traded the Lotus for a Troopie and set off. Just got home last week, and car should (hopefully) arrive back in Brissy on 25th September. See my tale in the Epic Adventures section here http://www.4wdaction.com.au/forum/viewt ... 9&t=150074
which includes my blog site for more pics etc.
Giles
Lol.... No sorry necessary. The name on those towers almost sounds Russianish or the like.
I'll have to check out some of your pics. Feel free to create a your own thread and put up some of your favourite photos on here.
Cheers. :thumb:

the-viking
Part of the furniture

Unread post by the-viking » September 1st, 2016, 6:44 am

Well theres one for the books!!!
Congratulations Coops :thumb: You are the winner of this months Comp, 'Night Time' Tough one this month. lol It was either a coincidental bad month for all or lack of interest for some reason. :confused:
So we are now into Septembers Comp of 'B&W Landscape' as chosen by me.
Coops; PM me your Theme for the October Comp please.
Cheers and congrats...... Speech..speach..speach!

coops62
Avid Poster

Re: August Photo Comp - Winner Announced!

Unread post by coops62 » September 8th, 2016, 5:41 pm

Awesome - thanks everyone. Sorry for tardy response, this working for a living sucks :P
I'm trying my best to get back into the groove, hopefully we can get some more entrants this month ..............and the following too of course.

Thanks again, lets see what you've got in B/W

cheers

Coops

Return to “Photography”