July Photo Comp.

Show us your photographic skills and work in here
the-viking
Part of the furniture

July Photo Comp.

Unread post by the-viking » June 30th, 2016, 12:29 pm

As chosen by glm69gq.

'Your Personal 4x4 in the Out Doors'

Step outside your comfort zones guys. Get creative!! :)

You may display as many photos as you like, but you can only enter one. If there is multiple images, and you haven't nominated which one is your entry, the first one will be entered.

Photos must be taken within the submission period. EXIF data will be used to verify the date the photo was taken, so make sure your cameras time/date settings are correct. Some software removes the EXIF data. If no data exists, you will be asked to provide it, re-load the photo, or remove the photo.

No exceptions to the above rule. If there is no EXIF data, or the times don't match, your photo is ineligble to be entered and will be removed from the competition. If you don't agree, don't enter. Your entry will verify you agree with these rules, so no negotiations will be entered into should you disagree later.

The idea behind this is to get everyone thinking, and get out there and shoot something you might not normally take a photo of. It's not designed for who's got the best photo they took three years ago.

Submissions will be open from Midnight Thur 30.6.16 to Midnight Sun 24.7.16

Hamo1
Been here a while

Re: July Photo Comp.

Unread post by Hamo1 » July 8th, 2016, 5:57 pm

explorations
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

the-viking
Part of the furniture

Unread post by the-viking » July 8th, 2016, 7:15 pm

Hamo's kicked off and nicely too.... :thumb: Good stuff mate. :)

glm69gq
Part of the furniture

Unread post by glm69gq » July 9th, 2016, 7:56 pm

Im going out tomorrow

the-viking
Part of the furniture

Unread post by the-viking » July 10th, 2016, 8:41 am

I'm yet to pull my proverbial finger out..... :eek:

Right in the middle of a new company taking over, lots of reshuffling, roster changes (for the better I hope). Anyway, not excuses, I have my idea that I want to do so thats one thing......

Remember Im not doing the 'Open Topic' idea for the rest of the year which included April and August as the 2 months. We'll get back to that next year; and of course the month of December is a 'No Comp' month, again, unless you all think otherwise.

Now then! As it stands, the winner of a month is actually picking their topic for 2 months time. This may be a good thing for several reasons. One, I'll already have had the next months Theme PMed to me, so it's sitting there ready to be posted up on time. Two, the winner of a Comp has heaps of time to come up with a theme. Three. There's no getting out of Monthly Sync so to speak and four, once the theme is PMed to me, I can post it which will give everyone heaps of time to plan and come up with an idea. :crazy: lol
Now this may take some getting use to but the whole idea is to eliminate getting out of whack with the months and by that I mean a month bleeding into the next for what ever the reason. Anywho...... Let's just see how it goes shall we....? :confused:

glm69gq
Part of the furniture

Unread post by glm69gq » July 15th, 2016, 8:02 pm

the-viking
Part of the furniture

Unread post by the-viking » July 16th, 2016, 7:02 pm

The tree in the middle photo is future firewood hey? Nice!

Btw all. Hamo got back to me and next months topic is............ wait for it....................... no, its not Waterfalls.... its...... 'Night Time'. Thats not to say you can't do a Waterfall at night time I guess.. :rolleyes: Quite unique I think. Good one Hamo. So thats for August fellas. :) Kicking off on Mon 1.8.16, so come on you lot, (including me) lets see those photos for this month.

Cheers.

glm69gq
Part of the furniture

Unread post by glm69gq » July 16th, 2016, 7:26 pm

this is one from today

the-viking
Part of the furniture

Unread post by the-viking » July 20th, 2016, 4:11 am

Reminder guys. This is finishing up midnight this Sunday...... :)

the-viking
Part of the furniture

Unread post by the-viking » July 23rd, 2016, 7:42 am

:worry: I haven't done anything yet..... I hope at least some others are going to come in at the last minute as well...

Todka
Been here a while

Unread post by Todka » July 24th, 2016, 9:32 am

Hi guys. I just took delivery of a Paj Sports so hope to be back in the swing of some 4WD images soon. Still hunting some cool wheels and gear to pretty her up. Shes stock for the moment so not ready to be photographed ex makeup. :)

Peter Aawen
Admin

Unread post by Peter Aawen » July 24th, 2016, 10:24 am

C'mon Todka, what an opportunity for a great 'Before the mods' pic?? You'll never know unless you give it a go! ;)
An Ex-Service person is someone who thought enough about their country & how great it is, how lucky we are to live here, to write a blank cheque made out to 'The People and Commonwealth of Australia' for the value of 'Up to & including my Life!'

smwhiskey
Been here a while

Unread post by smwhiskey » July 24th, 2016, 1:06 pm

I have a confession...

Just spent eight days on Moreton island and I didn't take a single photo of the Paj. :redface: So while I'm standing in the corner looking embarrassed, I'll leave you to enjoy the photos my son took of his Suzuki GV on his/its first 4WD trip away (as driver).

Just as an aside, I was pretty impressed with how the suzuki went. Only time he needed rescuing was when the wheel ruts coming back onto the beach at Cowen Cowen left the Suzi sitting on its belly with 4 wheels in the air (no photos of that either). Apart from that, every time he got stuck, the passengers got out and gave him a push to get going. :lol:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2003 NP Exceed Pajero with a bit of lift, a large plastic straw to breathe through and hunk of steel on the front with a few bits and pieces hanging off it.

the-viking
Part of the furniture

Unread post by the-viking » July 24th, 2016, 4:20 pm

Finally!! :) Wasn't the original idea but what the heck....

the-viking
Part of the furniture

Unread post by the-viking » July 24th, 2016, 4:24 pm

I need your entries guys.. Which pic do you want to enter? I'll be posting the vote up tomorrow avo... :)

Return to “Photography”