Fastwrx and the Photo Comp.

Show us your photographic skills and work in here
fastwrx

Fastwrx and the Photo Comp.

Unread post by fastwrx » May 9th, 2016, 6:51 pm

Guys,

I'm finding it harder and harder to find the time to get on the forum of late. Life is just getting in the way, so this months photo comp will mark the last from me as a moderator.

I'm not sure how many years I run the comp. It was first started by Diehard aka Angryman Photography (check out his work on Facebook if you like motorsport) and I simply kept it going in the same format. It feels like it has been going for 10 years, but it must be around 6.

I did find the comp incredibily beneficial to my photography, as every month you HAD to design a photo to fit the theme. I never took it as a case of seeing if I had a photo that fitted the theme and posting that.

There are some extremely talented photographers here, and I've always enjoyed seeing everyones work, no matter if you're a seasoned photographer or a beginner.

One of the huge bonuses this forum has always had over a more dedicated photo forum is the lack of "eliteism". Here everyones just having a go, and no one is bagging someones hard work. There is friendly banter and encouragement. We all know just how hard it is to bare our souls and post a pic on the internet for the world to see. I'd like to see that continue...

Through the forum, I've met many new friends, and I'm lucky to catch up with them at least once a year, and stay in touch through Facebook and emails. I'd invite anyone who wants to stay in contact to PM me and get my Facebook account details.

I'm going to step back on the moderating duties. Peter Aawen is going to find someone to take over.

Thanks Guys, it's been a blast :) :drink: :drink: :drink:

Stu

the-viking
Part of the furniture

Re: Fastwrx and the Photo Comp.

Unread post by the-viking » May 9th, 2016, 8:13 pm

Blimey..........!!
Jeez. I'm pretty sure you've been mod since I joined up. The way I read this your still going to get involved with topics and the comp, I hope. Is that right?
I hope there's a set of Golf Clubs and a Rolex Watch coming your way lol. Well let me be the first to thank you for you services as a mod and running a smooth ship. A good sit back and enjoy is well earned.
Cheers.

the-viking.. :) :drink:

coops62
Avid Poster

Unread post by coops62 » September 9th, 2016, 1:18 pm

Just found this mate, sorry for not replying sooner.
I've been struggling to keep up with things myself of late so I completely understand. Just want to say thank you for your enormous contribution since I've been around and longer. We've all benefited from the comp and had some fun along the way. Hopefully we'll see you back as an entrant from time to time anyway

Thanks once again

Coops
96 STD HZJ80, 1HDF-T , Gturbo, W2A Intercooler, locked & lifted

fastwrx

Unread post by fastwrx » September 9th, 2016, 1:34 pm

Thanks Coops :)

Return to “Photography”