General chit-chat, banter and tips for growth

Show us your photographic skills and work in here
the-viking
Part of the furniture

Re: General chit-chat, banter and tips for growth

Unread post by the-viking » June 22nd, 2016, 3:47 pm

coops62 wrote:Howdy all......................it's been a while since I've been around.

Will try and lurk some more :rolleyes:
:thumb:

coops62
Avid Poster

Unread post by coops62 » November 7th, 2016, 1:00 am

Just shot 7500 images at the World Masters Athletics Championships here in Perth and after ten days I'm pretty sure my hand has firmed in the shape of my camera grip.

http://www.perth2016.com/

Also have an upcoming exhibition in a week alongside a handful of other photographers. A wee bit excited and a lot bit nervous but looking forward to the experience regardless. I am not expecting any sales and as such have selected images that the family were happy to have adorning the walls of the family home. In fact the kids selected all 5 images. My aim is to gather experience and to pit myself on an even keel against some more talented photographers

I have been really busy trying to improve my craft, anything from studio shoots, car shows, sporting events, the usual landscapes, I even dabbled in some Real Estate photography and got featured in The West Australian a few weeks back.

I'll update this post with a few images later

Coops
96 STD HZJ80, 1HDF-T , Gturbo, W2A Intercooler, locked & lifted

the-viking
Part of the furniture

Unread post by the-viking » November 7th, 2016, 5:50 am

Go Coops! Good stuff mate.
I've always believed that for a Photog to grow they need to be open to all the genres in photography to a degree. Even if it's one you really don't get excited about, the different approache in that genre can open your understanding of different applications to a photo, which in turn can enhance your abilities in the genres you are interested in. A friend of mine really doesn't like portrait photography at all but he explained to me that it was this genre that gave him the best understanding of how to use light.
When I lost my job there was an add in the paper for a Realistate Photographer. I immediately called an old work colleague who I knew was now doing this for a living. I was soon put off the idea when he explained that it's a different world these days and you'll need to be efficient in virtual video and flying drones; of both I am not. He also told me you have to be comfortable in deceiving customers to a point by the removal of undesired items from an image like overhead wires, towers in the background, chimney stacks and that sort of thing. I'm not saying they all have these requirements but the one's he's worked for do.
Anyway....... Glad to hear your quenching your photography thirst again. Iv been super slack of lates but as previously posted I'm slowly getting back on track. I have a couple of girls at work into horse riding that want a photo shoot in all their Jillaroo gear on location at one of the girls properties. I want to keep it as simple as possible by using one large octobox with a triple flash mount (home made) and shooting in HSS (hence the three speedlights). Just got to pull the proverbial finger out and plan a time.
Cheers. :)

Return to “Photography”