Viking's Pix.

Show us your photographic skills and work in here
the-viking
Part of the furniture

Re: Viking's Pix.

Unread post by the-viking » June 28th, 2015, 10:11 am

Small skink grabbing the morning sun.
I liked the water droplets on its skin… :)

ImageImage

the-viking
Part of the furniture

Unread post by the-viking » June 28th, 2015, 11:38 am

Im happy with this one….. :D

the-viking
Part of the furniture

Unread post by the-viking » June 28th, 2015, 7:53 pm

ImageImageImageImage

the-viking
Part of the furniture

Unread post by the-viking » June 29th, 2015, 9:32 am

The gear used at present….. :)
That Softbox diffuser rests nicely on the tip of the lens.

the-viking
Part of the furniture

Unread post by the-viking » June 29th, 2015, 10:10 am

danannette
Avid Poster

Unread post by danannette » July 2nd, 2015, 11:14 am

I Like your bug shots :)

There are some strange looking critters out there.

Are these photo stacked? Id imagine it would be hard to do as they are moving....

the-viking
Part of the furniture

Unread post by the-viking » July 2nd, 2015, 4:00 pm

Hi Dan and thanks.
No. None of these are focus stacked. They're all shot with the gear that's shown and at f16 and all hand held. It's simply a matter of fire off a lot of shots and chimp the LCD screen to see how things are going. If its bright enough, even closed down at f16 you can see just enough to see if your in the ball park of focus before firing. Of course using the reverse lens method means you have to rock back and forth to get focus. Flash is in E-TTL and I'll use Flash exposure compensation if needed. I shoot RAW format as well. Being hand held it rules focus stacking out. If I'm going to do focus stacking I'll set up my mini studio and pick a cooperative customer lol. I also use a focusing rail when I do that.

Bit of a challenge but fun to do and of course pretty rewarding when you nail a shot.

Must be the season for it as Google+ is getting hammered with Macro insect shots atm.
Cheers. :)

the-viking
Part of the furniture

Unread post by the-viking » July 6th, 2015, 5:47 am

Had a dibble doing some Composite images. Took me about 20min for each one so with a bit more time put in and care I should get better results. Both backgrounds were just from image searches on Google. My friend had been to a theme party recently and went as a Viking Worrier. The B&W one was from a shoot I did of her some time back. She likes them. :)

the-viking
Part of the furniture

Unread post by the-viking » July 11th, 2015, 10:33 am

the-viking
Part of the furniture

Unread post by the-viking » July 13th, 2015, 11:45 am

Some amazing images regardless and some interesting comments made.
Cheers.

http://proof.nationalgeographic.com/201 ... gn=Content

the-viking
Part of the furniture

Unread post by the-viking » July 14th, 2015, 4:56 pm

This is not my pic. It's from google+. I just had to share it. I think it's amazing. The light on the old car...... Wow. :)

the-viking
Part of the furniture

Unread post by the-viking » July 21st, 2015, 5:59 pm

the-viking
Part of the furniture

Unread post by the-viking » August 31st, 2015, 11:12 am

The Entrance Baths Central Coast NSW.

ImageImage

the-viking
Part of the furniture

Unread post by the-viking » November 9th, 2015, 10:40 am

Wacom Intuous Pen/Touch Tablet.

Had this for a week now. Massive learning curve but what a difference. Love it more every time I use it. :)

the-viking
Part of the furniture

Unread post by the-viking » November 26th, 2015, 8:22 pm

Posting this because I'm all caught up at work and just counting down the last hour.
Well I'm shooting the stepsons 21st in a weeks time, set at the local pub. 70 odd guests. I'm going to enjoy the challenge of 'Low Light' photography. It's come down to this. I want to keep it as simple as possible, technique wise. It will just be me, no assistant, so, I'm going Aperture Priority with on camera flash. ISO no higher than 800 lower if possible. I just got a new Yongnuo YN568EXii (Canon 580EXii equivalent) Speedlight. I'll be choosing this over my Canon 430EXii as it has a higher guide number. I've gone down the road of making my own Gary Fong Light Sphere. For those of you that don't know what that is, it's a diffuser that sits on your flash and has the concept of giving soft light like a bedside lamp. That's where this Gary Fong got the idea from in the first place. Simple design and he's made squillions out of it. Price ranges from $120 - $250 depending on the model and kit style you choose. I don't have that laying around at the moment so into Dollar King I go and then home to the garage......one hour later and Wamo! One Light Sphere, lol. Total cost; $5. Bloody works a treat too I have to say. Done some extensive test shooting.
During the week I'll pop down to the pub for a cold one and check out what I'm up against. That is to see what the available light will be all about. This will be a good opportunity to try out techniques like 'Dragging the Shutter' and 'Second Curtain Sync'. I've done these techniques before but if felt I didn't quite nail them.
Well this killed half an hour. Cheers.

Return to “Photography”