Hamos world of stuff

Show us your photographic skills and work in here
Hamo1
Been here a while

Re: Hamos world of stuff

Unread post by Hamo1 » August 25th, 2014, 3:46 pm

yea we got a fire place in the lounge room about 700mm wide or so. Keeps you warm watching the footy!

Anyways i got 2 pics, i went to an old depression camp at bungonia but there wasn't much left and there was to much sun for it to even be half a decent photo so i didnt take any. Dad got one of me crawling into an old mine though and all the old people seemed to get nervous and say it was very dangerous :lol:

Uhh and i got a photo of some wood grain and just wondering how others would take a photo similar? Would you focus in the middle or either end?

and i carved a ball in a box cause of the rain and bordum and i just felt like i would give wood carving a go.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Hamo1
Been here a while

Unread post by Hamo1 » August 27th, 2014, 5:15 pm

went for a stroll to carrington, went down a track ive never been down but couldn't go futher cause the river was to high (prob could of but i didnt want me feet wet)
and i expiermented with the rock photo....im gonna try again the leaves down the bottom are a bit off but i kinda like it other than that.

and getting the water off filters when its raining is a pain. I put the camera away when it started raining until it stoped. As soon as i took it out it starts to rain again :lol: then the fog came up which kina wrecked one of the pics
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

the-viking
Part of the furniture

Unread post by the-viking » August 27th, 2014, 6:05 pm

There really nice photos Hamo… Well done mate. :thumb: :)

CJP
Here and there

Unread post by CJP » August 28th, 2014, 1:58 am

Nice pictures Hamo. Work with what you are given, instead of thinking the fog wrecked the picture, explore the possibilities of the changed conditions and you never know what amazing images you might get that you could not plan for. Cheers keep up the great work.

Hamo1
Been here a while

Unread post by Hamo1 » August 28th, 2014, 4:24 pm

Yea it was just a bumper, there was a nice bit of fog down the base of the falls and thats all but then it started raining and getting all over the lens and by the time it stoped all the fog was just everywhere so yea, would of prefered it at the base of the falls thats all but no biggy.
I got 2000 for my old speakers which i regret selling i was gonna ask what camera gear i might need but i think i might save up for a fourbie. got about 22k banked up now.

Hamo1
Been here a while

Unread post by Hamo1 » August 29th, 2014, 3:11 pm

Been trying to get to some of the smaller falls cause the massive amount of rain we had and my camera got a wee bit wet today so i might have to skimp on that idea.
One of the pics i croped, and then did a mass crop kind of prefer the mass crop (mass crop is prob a bad way of wording it i know)

And still working on my sharpening, one has a fair bit of noise if anyone has any tips for that in lightroom.
cheers

PS: i dont think its centered can you get grid lines in lightroom-

Hamo1
Been here a while

Unread post by Hamo1 » August 29th, 2014, 6:01 pm

I posted this on the aussie photography think on fb and someone pointed out the "dust bunnies" so i learnt how to use the spot removal (never used that before)
Still unsure if the ferns are better in colour or not

the-viking
Part of the furniture

Unread post by the-viking » August 29th, 2014, 7:31 pm

Hi Hamo.
I really like the first one in the series of three B&W's. Nice work.

Besides the 'Amount' slide in LR's 'Sharpening' panel, there are other slides like 'Radius' 'Detail' and 'Masking'. Thought I'd chuck you a link to check out.

http://digital-photography-school.com/l ... lightroom/

Yes there is a grid in LR's 'Levelling Tool'. I use it a fair bit. I'm on a Mac so I'm not sure if you activate it the same on Windows. I select the 'Crop Tool' then in the drop down selection choose the 'Level Tool'. Then just next to the image I left click. This changes the Level Tool to a small curved double ended arrow thingy. Then, left click and hold, the grids will appear and stay until you let go. Holding the left click down and moving the mouse up and down will rotate the image. Hope I explained that ok….. Cheers. :)

Hamo1
Been here a while

Unread post by Hamo1 » August 29th, 2014, 8:54 pm

Yea i edited the one you like a bit. I highlight that rock and 3 other sections across the whole image and tried to sharpen them and make them stand out more so than the rest of it. Turned out ok, ill have to give the link a wurl tomorrow thanks for that.

Also dont know if anyone else noticed but the last pick has the tip of my tripod at the bottom, i only just picked that up :urgh:

Hamo1
Been here a while

Unread post by Hamo1 » September 2nd, 2014, 3:22 pm

been to wet here to go to any decent places but i managed to snap these. Waterfall may be dark on some peoples computers im not sure

Hamo1
Been here a while

Unread post by Hamo1 » September 2nd, 2014, 6:16 pm

tried that colour editing thing people do. I failed with the wand idea i had so i used the other thing where you can adjust about 6 colours seperatly (i could get the name but cant be bothered opening lightroom again) which blacked out some berries but the ones it blacked out where really red and it made it look....weird so it ended up being a good thing. Gonna try make the background a bit darker and try add more contrast to that.

and turned the waterfall in the B&W. I seem to be obsesesed with B&W at the momment.

the-viking
Part of the furniture

Unread post by the-viking » September 3rd, 2014, 8:39 am

Love your last B&W waterfall mate. Nice. B&W could be your thing…. :)

coops62
Avid Poster

Unread post by coops62 » September 3rd, 2014, 3:11 pm

good job Hamo - you're starring
96 STD HZJ80, 1HDF-T , Gturbo, W2A Intercooler, locked & lifted

Hamo1
Been here a while

Unread post by Hamo1 » September 3rd, 2014, 5:20 pm

Thanks gents. Yea i seem to prefer black and white. I dunno why. Seen alot of waterfall photos latley cause of the weather here and people just seem to make them......non real by increasing the blue in the water and so on. Black and white keeps it simple and i prefer the tones i guess.....

anyways this is a horrible photo i know, the light in my room is rubbish and instead of doing any good it creates these massive horrible highlights and same thing happens with my window/blind open. So i took the photo in the dark dark with everything shut/off even though somehow there was still a massive highlight on the record player. And i suck at using flash cause i've never really needed one (i should learn that one day) also because my lens is to long the flash doesn't work properly and leaves a dark spot where it can't spread over the lens.

Anyways really happy with it, would of prefered it to be bigger but i thought being my first i should keep it simple goes well with the gloss black speakers and things even though they arn't in the pic for you guys to seeee.

coops62
Avid Poster

Unread post by coops62 » September 3rd, 2014, 7:31 pm

love it, only thing better than seeing one of your pics on the wall is seeing one on someone else's wall (I'm yet to do this, have sold a few but haven't seen them hanging yet)
96 STD HZJ80, 1HDF-T , Gturbo, W2A Intercooler, locked & lifted

Return to “Photography”