Canon EOS RP Mirrorless.

Show us your photographic skills and work in here
The Jacobite
I'm Baack!

Canon EOS RP Mirrorless.

Unread post by The Jacobite » March 31st, 2019, 6:22 am

Hi........ umm; well Hi to anyone. :purplex:

Tried my mates new Canon EOS RP Mirrorless............. not a fan but only mucked around with it for a day. I'll elaborate should someone respond.... :D

beaujest4
Part of the furniture

Re: Canon EOS RP Mirrorless.

Unread post by beaujest4 » March 31st, 2019, 8:48 am

The way it is going I think mirrorless will eventually mean the DSLR will become a thing of the past like a film camera. Especially when you consider how many people already use the screen on the back of their DSLR either just as playback to check the image or those that shot via Liveview. The principle is the same. How many of us really care about a mirror and a prism in the camera body that we don't see? At present I prefer shooting with a DSLR, it's a size thing. I prefer a camera I can hold comfortably and is ergonomic to use. The smaller mirrorless cameras I have tried I find fiddly and awkward and I just can not use the little point and shot cameras.

Eventually I guess a full frame full size mirrorless is the way I will be going. Eventually.

The Jacobite
I'm Baack!

Unread post by The Jacobite » April 4th, 2019, 6:53 pm

I don't like the fact you're looking at an electrical image rather than literally through the glass of a lens. Also Im the same as you, I like my camera and have a bit of bulk about it. That's one of the reasons why I use a battery grip. :D

beaujest4
Part of the furniture

Unread post by beaujest4 » April 5th, 2019, 7:50 am

Was out with a couple of pro photographers yesterday and they were saying there is no comparison and will go mirrorless for a stack of technical reasons. I guess when you consider what you can do with your phone camera that you can't do with your DSLR it does make sense. A mirrorless is much the same with a whole lot better quality.

Return to “Photography”