Part of the furniture

Is there anybody out there

Unread post by beaujest4 » December 6th, 2017, 8:53 am

I guess I am as guilty as anyone but it just seems very quiet in here

beaujest4
Part of the furniture

Re: Is there anybody out there

Unread post by beaujest4 » December 6th, 2017, 10:06 pm

About 18 months ago I managed to be in the right place right time with the right funds and managed to pick up a full frame DSLR with a few better lenses. From leaving a cropped sensor to full frame and feeling confident with the old camera I decided to push myself and concentrate on shooting RAW, including learning the fine art of post processing with Lightroom. Thinking Iam getting better with it but sometimes feel that there is so much in Lightroom I mainly don't know what I am doing and at times forget to do something.

I like photography and would describe myself as an enthusiast/hobbiest. My photos are only for me and share the odd ones with friends or family mostly of social media and found JPEG suited that pretty good. While I am aware of the added advantages of shooting RAW there are times I also find it a drag for what I want to do with them. Still I'll keep going with RAW and the post processing.

cbd
Here and there

Unread post by cbd » December 7th, 2017, 6:57 am

G'day
Yes there is some people coming back now the forums able to except new members.
By the way very nice pic

100SEZ
Getting to know the place

Unread post by 100SEZ » December 11th, 2017, 6:22 pm

That is a great shot well done

beaujest4
Part of the furniture

Unread post by beaujest4 » February 23rd, 2018, 10:47 am

couple more from the same area.

Peter Aawen
Admin

Unread post by Peter Aawen » February 23rd, 2018, 2:10 pm

Bloody nice pics! :thumb:
An Ex-Service person is someone who thought enough about their country & how great it is, how lucky we are to live here, to write a blank cheque made out to 'The People and Commonwealth of Australia' for the value of 'Up to & including my Life!'

76 Cruiser
Getting to know the place

Unread post by 76 Cruiser » February 27th, 2018, 1:12 pm

Nice shots, where did you take them?

beaujest4
Part of the furniture

Unread post by beaujest4 » February 28th, 2018, 8:17 am

In the Coffs Harbour hinterland, forest off Eastern Dorrigo Way

GidgeeHunter
I'm new, be nice!

Unread post by GidgeeHunter » March 7th, 2018, 2:20 pm

beaujest4 wrote:
December 6th, 2017, 10:06 pm
While I am aware of the added advantages of shooting RAW there are times I also find it a drag for what I want to do with them. Still I'll keep going with RAW and the post processing.
I feel the same. I reverted to shooting RAW+JPG and only post process the special shots. I also moved to On1 Raw for processing mostly because of Adobe's subscription cost but also because I find it faster to do simple/batch post processing, but it still has more power (IMO) than Lightroom (without using Photoshop). Capture One and DxO were ok too but again slow to do batches. Wait for a discount offer if you did want to buy On1, I got it for US$69, around half the normal discount price.

DanBrown
I'm new, be nice!

Unread post by DanBrown » March 8th, 2018, 8:14 pm

hey beau,

nice pic man.

When im not running my café (which pretty much takes up 99% of my time nowdays) im trying to get some shots either of cars (mainly drag racing or static shots) or landscapes.

Lightroom looks really scary, but after using it for the past 4 years, I couldn't live without it (and photoshop) now.

shoot RAW in everything I do, the main reason is, if you've shot something and it's to bright (blown out) or dark, most of the time you can save it by post editing through lightroom and photoshop.

best way to learn is to just in at the deep end I reckon.

beaujest4
Part of the furniture

Unread post by beaujest4 » March 12th, 2018, 7:58 am

Yeah trial and error is a good way to learn.

beaujest4
Part of the furniture

Unread post by beaujest4 » March 12th, 2018, 8:01 am

GidgeeHunter wrote:
March 7th, 2018, 2:20 pm
beaujest4 wrote:
December 6th, 2017, 10:06 pm
While I am aware of the added advantages of shooting RAW there are times I also find it a drag for what I want to do with them. Still I'll keep going with RAW and the post processing.
I feel the same. I reverted to shooting RAW+JPG and only post process the special shots. I also moved to On1 Raw for processing mostly because of Adobe's subscription cost but also because I find it faster to do simple/batch post processing, but it still has more power (IMO) than Lightroom (without using Photoshop). Capture One and DxO were ok too but again slow to do batches. Wait for a discount offer if you did want to buy On1, I got it for US$69, around half the normal discount price.
It's all a learning curve, finding what works the best for whatever the end result may be.

Mattner
Here and there

Unread post by Mattner » April 1st, 2018, 11:25 pm

Let youtube be your friend. There are countless tutorials on photography and post processing with so many photo and editing styles to see and different workflows to try. Watch and learn, but most importantly practice and play with your own shots and styles. As mentioned above trial and error works well.

keep having fun.

beaujest4
Part of the furniture

Unread post by beaujest4 » April 23rd, 2018, 11:28 am

Had planned to go out yesterday but a couple of vertebrae and discs had other plans. Life is so great at present

Peter Aawen
Admin

Unread post by Peter Aawen » April 23rd, 2018, 1:57 pm

beaujest4 wrote:
April 23rd, 2018, 11:28 am
....... Life is so great at present
Every morning you wake up has gotta be a winner! :thumb: And how much you enjoy & get out of each day is entirely up to you! ;)
An Ex-Service person is someone who thought enough about their country & how great it is, how lucky we are to live here, to write a blank cheque made out to 'The People and Commonwealth of Australia' for the value of 'Up to & including my Life!'

Return to “Photography”