Ask a Moderator

Keep up to date with Forum happenings & check out the Forum Rules & Guidelines
johnlyle
Getting to know the place

Re: Ask a Moderator

Unread post by johnlyle » March 8th, 2014, 2:50 pm

Peter,Stretch etc.
I have had not been able to login for four weeks onto the forum. As far as I can remember i have not done anything wrong in regards to proticol for the forum. lhave tried allsorts of ways to get intouch and to noavail. ln desperation l joined the group with another account as someothers have done.As requested l am informing you of this fact and have not posted anything on the forum since as per suggested. I have had internet dramas and have since changed my email. My original user name was (and want to be again) is lylov8troopy and i have been on the forum for 3yrs. My new user name is johnlyle and my new email is in the system. Unfortunatley my computer skills are very, very basic and l,m at your mercy as to how to fix it.

Regards Lylo.

Peter Aawen
Admin

Unread post by Peter Aawen » March 8th, 2014, 3:10 pm

Hi Lylo, I don't think it's anything you've done here, I reckon this is just another user falling foul of the problems we are having with the Forum/website atm!

Sooo, I've changed your email address on the old account to the new address & I've kicked your old username in the guts, so you should get an email telling you that I've done that, and with any luck your old username should work again! Try deleting any 4WDA history records, bookmarks, passwords etc and type in www.4wdaction.com.au in the browser address bar, then select the Forum from the A4WDA Website front page, and then login (up the top right of the screen) If it doesn't work then, drop me an email at forumadmin1@4wdaction.com.au and I'll see if there's anything else I can do.

Good Luck
An Ex-Service person is someone who thought enough about their country & how great it is, how lucky we are to live here, to write a blank cheque made out to 'The People and Commonwealth of Australia' for the value of 'Up to & including my Life!'

LittleGem
Been here a while

Unread post by LittleGem » March 17th, 2014, 8:31 pm

Hey guys just to let you know everything appears to be working for me again, thanks for all the help.
My rocky build thread with Stainless steel snorkle, 31" tyres, bigger turbo and more...

viewtopic.php?f=22&t=155538&start=15
All done By Automotive Etcellence.

You can go Fast, I can go anywhere

Peter Aawen
Admin

Unread post by Peter Aawen » March 17th, 2014, 8:47 pm

Good to hear LittleGem, there were a few things done that they thought would help, but I hadn't heard/seen anything myself, so wasn't sure! At least now I can send them some feedback on some of them! ;)

Still looking at the 'what 4WD to buy' thing, a few ideas coming along & we might even get to try some of them soon!

Cheers, & hope it keeps working for you - it doesn't look as tho we've been quite so successful for Lylo! :(

Gonna hafta take that one further!
An Ex-Service person is someone who thought enough about their country & how great it is, how lucky we are to live here, to write a blank cheque made out to 'The People and Commonwealth of Australia' for the value of 'Up to & including my Life!'

AWD
Been here a while

Unread post by AWD » March 19th, 2014, 11:09 pm

Hi, i started a thread in the Rodeo section and it's now gone, can anyone help me ?

TLC60S
Part of the furniture

Unread post by TLC60S » March 20th, 2014, 7:58 pm

Hi AWD
when you a logged on click POSTS then my posts & all of your threads you have reply to will show .
Maybe the mods moved it under another section or merged it with another thread so may have a different heading, all those that show in my posts you have replied to.
Cheers TLC60S

LittleGem
Been here a while

Unread post by LittleGem » May 8th, 2014, 1:00 pm

Hey guys just fyi i've been having problems with my search feature (same problem) again and havn't been able to get onto the website from computer,phone or tablet both mac and pc, android and iphone/ipod.
My rocky build thread with Stainless steel snorkle, 31" tyres, bigger turbo and more...

Peter Aawen
Admin

Unread post by Peter Aawen » May 8th, 2014, 1:03 pm

Yeah, sorry Little Gem, but the hassles we have been having that were better for a bit are now getting worse again - but they are looking at them and working to fix them.... :(

LittleGem
Been here a while

Unread post by LittleGem » May 8th, 2014, 1:09 pm

all good mate just thought i'd let you know

Peter Aawen
Admin

Unread post by Peter Aawen » May 8th, 2014, 5:14 pm

:thumb: Ta - all adds to the feedback, be nicer if it wasn't an issue tho... :o

clux30td
I'm new, be nice!

Login name

Unread post by clux30td » June 11th, 2014, 8:30 pm

Hey all just wondering how I change my login name?

Cheers.

chris_stoffa
Need to get out more
Location: Wandering in the Wilderness of the Western Burbs of Melbourne., VIC

Re: Login name

Unread post by chris_stoffa » June 11th, 2014, 8:42 pm

Abject and submissive grovelling to a Mod can work. Maybe :lol:
03 Bravo 2.5TD DCab

pickle
Admin

Re: Login name

Unread post by pickle » June 11th, 2014, 10:09 pm

Noted, but just cannot do it under my status at the moment.
Dave
2001 Challenger with bits and peices of goodness.
And of course 'Pajeropoint' for the Mitsu fans.
http://www.facebook.com/groups/306179409472332/

LittleGem
Been here a while

Unread post by LittleGem » June 23rd, 2014, 9:51 am

hey guys getting this message again when i try to do a search "The Apache Solr search engine is not available. Please contact your site administrator." however this is the first time I've gotten it on pc it's only every happened on my phone before this.

buffer
Avid Poster

Unread post by buffer » August 4th, 2014, 3:22 pm

I am just curious to ask what keeps happening to our post count, why i am asking this has occurred twice where i have logged on only to see the count reduced, not that i really care but with the number of posts i should have my avatar status should be Avid poster or need to get out more. Has anybody got a answer.
100 series 4.2TD, 2" lift, ARB twin lockers, Safari snorkel, ARB winch bar with brushbars and sidesteps, 12000lb winch, supernova driving lights and custom made aluminium rack with awning, ARB dual rear bar, dual batteries, Airbag assists rear.

Return to “Forum Rules, Guidelines, News, and Updates”