Ask a Moderator

Keep up to date with Forum happenings & check out the Forum Rules & Guidelines
Peter Aawen
Admin

Re: Ask a Moderator

Unread post by Peter Aawen » February 20th, 2014, 5:25 pm

If you send me an email at forumadmin1@4wdaction.com.au with your usual/main account details including the email address on it, I'll see what I can do. ;)
An Ex-Service person is someone who thought enough about their country & how great it is, how lucky we are to live here, to write a blank cheque made out to 'The People and Commonwealth of Australia' for the value of 'Up to & including my Life!'

tempaccount123
I'm new, be nice!

Unread post by tempaccount123 » February 20th, 2014, 5:32 pm

Email sent! Thanks!

LittleGem
Been here a while

Unread post by LittleGem » February 25th, 2014, 3:52 pm

Hey guys, just to let you know my search feature is working and neither is my pming other users both times it says something along the line of "Apache isn't working please contact the site administrator" has been happening for about 3 weeks just figured you had known about it and didn't mention anything?
My rocky build thread with Stainless steel snorkle, 31" tyres, bigger turbo and more...

viewtopic.php?f=22&t=155538&start=15
All done By Automotive Etcellence.

You can go Fast, I can go anywhere

Peter Aawen
Admin

Unread post by Peter Aawen » February 25th, 2014, 3:59 pm

Hey Little, I take it you mean your search feature ISN'T working & neither is your pming...!? Could you email me a screen dump of the messages you get & brief details of what you are doing that prompts those messages? Send it to forumadmin1@4wdaction.com.au please. I don't think it's a Forum wide problem, cos both my PM & Search facilities are working, and I've got a fair few PM's over the last week or so too, so that part at least is working for all of those users as well!! :(

So please, send an email with as much info as you can & I'll chase it thru to the IT blokes.
An Ex-Service person is someone who thought enough about their country & how great it is, how lucky we are to live here, to write a blank cheque made out to 'The People and Commonwealth of Australia' for the value of 'Up to & including my Life!'

LittleGem
Been here a while

Unread post by LittleGem » February 25th, 2014, 4:07 pm

yeah mate sorry been a long day at work email sent that's basically all the info i can give and disregard the PM i sent you was testing to see what the error code with that is but that seams to be fixed
My rocky build thread with Stainless steel snorkle, 31" tyres, bigger turbo and more...

Peter Aawen
Admin

Unread post by Peter Aawen » February 25th, 2014, 10:38 pm

Thanks, I'll send the info on in the morning. ;)

typhoeus
Need to get out more

Unread post by typhoeus » March 1st, 2014, 4:29 pm

Hi
you might want to remove this spam,

viewtopic.php?f=70&t=15094
FYI&A

typhoeus
Need to get out more

Unread post by typhoeus » March 1st, 2014, 4:36 pm

typhoeus
Need to get out more

Unread post by typhoeus » March 1st, 2014, 4:37 pm

Peter Aawen
Admin

Unread post by Peter Aawen » March 1st, 2014, 5:13 pm

Please, if you see posts like this, don't waste time posting up in here, just click on the exclamation mark up the top RH corner of the offending post and report it - pick the most appropriate comment and submit the report - that way any mod who comes on will see it immediately, & it won't hafta wait until someone sees this thread, and it is also easier to work out what post it is and what username to ban/delete. And while you are at it, NEVER post in any thread with spam in it until after the spam has been removed, don't type in WTF or anything else at all, that will just signal the spammer that they have a live audience and as a result, the spam will increase! Just REPORT the posts and then wait for the mods to action it, we will do that as soon as we can - but do be aware what you can see is likely just a small portion of what is hitting us!

pickle
Admin

Unread post by pickle » March 1st, 2014, 5:20 pm

Peter Aawen wrote:Just REPORT the posts and then wait for the mods to action it, we will do that as soon as we can - but do be aware what you can see is likely just a small portion of what is hitting us!
Yep just report them, we are always lurking around the forum so it really doesn't take us long to deal with them.
Dave
2001 Challenger with bits and peices of goodness.
And of course 'Pajeropoint' for the Mitsu fans.
http://www.facebook.com/groups/306179409472332/

LittleGem
Been here a while

Unread post by LittleGem » March 3rd, 2014, 10:07 pm

Any chance we can pool all these "what car to buy" threads together and just sticky it, I know there is someone linking a lot of the new ones to old ones but I'm getting sick of seeing them.
Especially when there right on top of each other and pretty much asking the same question and getting the same result, bit repetitive. Just A thought

LittleGem
Been here a while

Unread post by LittleGem » March 3rd, 2014, 10:12 pm

Also guys my search feature, worked briefly over the weekend and is showing that error message again, any tips or suggestions?

Peter Aawen
Admin

Unread post by Peter Aawen » March 3rd, 2014, 10:17 pm

Hi Chris, the IT blokes haven't got back to me apart from to say they are looking at it... I did try re-setting your account, so that might have something to do with your search working over the weekend, but then again?!?? Maybe not!?

I take it that you are getting the same error message/s??

As for the other thing re the 'what to buy' stuff - You aren't telling me anything new about it!! :whyme:

But we are looking for ways to make it less intrusive/annoying & easier for everyone concerned! ;)

LittleGem
Been here a while

Unread post by LittleGem » March 4th, 2014, 12:07 pm

Yeah mate, same message.
And I'll leave it up to your capable hands with the "what to buy threads" just a suggestion on my behalf and thanks for all the help with my account I know it hasn't been easy at times.

Return to “Forum Rules, Guidelines, News, and Updates”