Problems with Subscriptions!? Including the digital issues?

Keep up to date with Forum happenings & check out the Forum Rules & Guidelines
Peter Aawen
Admin

Re: Problems with Subscriptions!? Including the digital issues?

Unread post by Peter Aawen » January 23rd, 2019, 6:24 pm

Not sure we can help you much fc.... the only people we see around here these days are posters like you & a few volunteer Mods! :o

AFAIK, anything sent to the 'contact us' link here on the Forum disappears into a black hole, & I've been unable to read or do anything for msgs/emails sent there for years. I guess you could try all the addresses shown earlier in this thread, but I wouldn't hold your breath, I'm pretty sure most of the mail sent to them disappears into a black hole too. :whyme:
An Ex-Service person is someone who thought enough about their country & how great it is, how lucky we are to live here, to write a blank cheque made out to 'The People and Commonwealth of Australia' for the value of 'Up to & including my Life!'

fc_ holden
Getting to know the place

Unread post by fc_ holden » January 24th, 2019, 4:12 pm

Peter
Thank you for taking the time to post an answer, so where has everyone gone to? Facebook?
Lost in the ACT
Live one day at a time for tomorrow may never come!

Peter Aawen
Admin

Unread post by Peter Aawen » January 24th, 2019, 4:35 pm

Well, we had a period here when it was almost impossible to get onto the forum for anyone but hackers plus there was a distinct lack of interest from Mag staff, there were some fairly significant display issues, & a raft of other software concerns as well, so quite a few of the regular posters deserted to facebook, and at the same time prospective new members couldn't get on or join, so things got verrry quiet for a bit, & that went on for a few years. But management eventually injected some $$ & IT resources who worked exceedingly hard & as a result the platform is back & the Forum is mainly working now; some of the regulars are coming back due to the well known issues with facebook, its 'instant gratification followed by drowning in crap' nature, & with all the keyboard warriors over there; plus we are getting more & more new users every day (well, after I've weeded out all the dodgy types, spammers etc anyway!) and we are also seeing a steadily increasing number of posters from the early days coming back too. Still working on getting some Staff interest & maybe some resources for comps, product tests, & articles etc, but Rome wasn't built in a day! :thumb:
An Ex-Service person is someone who thought enough about their country & how great it is, how lucky we are to live here, to write a blank cheque made out to 'The People and Commonwealth of Australia' for the value of 'Up to & including my Life!'

janddbone

Unread post by janddbone » January 27th, 2019, 7:22 pm

If it follows sister publication caravan and motorhome, then subscriptions are ending and they will be available at newsagents only.

ScaleyTom
Here and there

Unread post by ScaleyTom » March 12th, 2019, 8:12 am

I was reading yesterday on Unsealed 4x4 magazine that all 4wd Action magazine with dvd subscription renewals have ceased. Also the magazine has gotten that thin these days its less than half the content it used to. In my view things went down hill when Roothy left.

janddbone

Unread post by janddbone » March 14th, 2019, 2:56 am

Caravan and motorhome ended up closing all together.... Things appear grim.

Les - PK Ranger
Part of the furniture

Unread post by Les - PK Ranger » March 26th, 2019, 3:03 pm

ScaleyTom wrote:
March 12th, 2019, 8:12 am
I was reading yesterday on Unsealed 4x4 magazine that all 4wd Action magazine with dvd subscription renewals have ceased. Also the magazine has gotten that thin these days its less than half the content it used to. In my view things went down hill when Roothy left.
And forum good for maybe 6 months ?
http://unsealed4x4.com.au/u4x4/issue060/#85

A shame, but change happens, probably a number of factors involved.

Thanks to Peter A for all his work keeping this place going this long.

Peter Aawen
Admin

Unread post by Peter Aawen » April 4th, 2019, 4:18 pm

Thanks for the kind thoughts Les. I've been just one of the crew helping here over quite a few years now, so I certainly wasn't alone in keeping it going - and we all know that without you all out there showing interest & providing input, none of this would've ever happened in the first place, so there's a lot of thanks due back that way too; especially for the long term members who've stuck around & kept contributing thru thick & thin! Great Work People, let's hope we can keep on keeping on for a while yet!! :thumb:

As for what the future will bring, who really knows?! At this stage, there is no firm program or even word on rumours about what's truly likely to happen with the mag, the Forum, or even EMG in the future; but I'd like to think that the experience over on the Caravan and Motorhome Forum & their mag is probably a good indication of what might come about here eventually! Their Forum was given at least a 6 month continuation just a couple of month's back, and their Forum is still going strong despite the mag's demise. But there's no official word here (or there) re shutting either Forum down yet?! :purplex: l

So for now, as far as I know we are still good here, at least for a while, and I'd like to think that we'd get at least the same courtesy as they've been given over on CandM - so I'd guess we are still good for at least 6 months until told otherwise. Still, there's a lot of changes going on in the industry, so maybe things will shake out here in just the same way as the industry will shake out & eventually settle into whatever shape will see it moving into the future?!

Whatever happens with the mag & DVD's, etc, this Forum and the vast store of info on years of experiences & stories that are bound up in the database here has got to still be a valuable asset to any entity involved in any way with the 4WD industry, so we've at least got that going for us! And the recent influx of new members from the next generation of newbies to 4WD'ing plus the return of a growing number of 'early members' coming back to read & contribute surely indicates that there's still some future in this sort of forum, especially given the history held here too!

I have asked for any info on the way ahead from the powers that be in Sydney, so I hope that we'll get some word on what's likely to be happening fairly soon. In the meantime, I guess that all we can do is keep on with business as usual.... or maybe even better'n that?! ;)

Return to “Forum Rules, Guidelines, News, and Updates”