Can not see posted pictures,keeps asking to upgrade account for third party hosting

Keep up to date with Forum happenings & check out the Forum Rules & Guidelines
Luxadoor
Getting to know the place

Can not see posted pictures,keeps asking to upgrade account for third party hosting

Unread post by Luxadoor » December 6th, 2017, 7:21 am

I can not see any posted pictures,it keeps asking me to upgrade my account for third party hosting, and I have double checked my account settings and I can find nothing, I joined Photobucket like it was suggested in the picture the replaces the picture that is meant to be there but nothing still, any help ?

Brett Mcleod
Here and there

Re: Can not see posted pictures,keeps asking to upgrade account for third party hosting

Unread post by Brett Mcleod » December 6th, 2017, 7:47 am

Its not just you, don't use photobucket unless you want to pay a monthly subscription, photobucket no longer lets you host pictures for third party sharing unless you pay,
photobucket changed everything about 6 months ago to make people pay for third party hosting, its not just this forum but everywhere photos have been posted using free PB accounts,
there are thousands of forums all over the world as well as blogs, vlogs and eBay sellers who were caught up in photobuckets changes,
most newer posts on forums will have photos that you can see as a lot of people changed & hosted there pics with a different hosting service,
I joined this one to host my pics on forums that don't let you direct upload and it has been working great for me
https://imgur.com/gallery/Ewhq1?&nc&nc
unfortunately all older posts that were posted using photobucket hosted images will remain un viewable unless the original poster edits every photo they originally posted whilst using photobucket, it happened everywhere and there are thousands of posts affected around the world

you can read about the full story on many google links in the below google search,
https://www.google.com.au/search?q=phot ... 8geg376gDQ

Peter Aawen
Admin

Re: Can not see posted pictures,keeps asking to upgrade account for third party hosting

Unread post by Peter Aawen » December 6th, 2017, 8:20 am

^^ That's pretty much it!! Photobucket is holding all those pics hostage & demanding ransom from the owners - a fair whack too, amounting to more than just a couple of 100 $$ per annum!! :irked:
An Ex-Service person is someone who thought enough about their country & how great it is, how lucky we are to live here, to write a blank cheque made out to 'The People and Commonwealth of Australia' for the value of 'Up to & including my Life!'

Luxadoor
Getting to know the place

Unread post by Luxadoor » December 6th, 2017, 8:27 am

Thanks for the response guys and it is very annoying

ltd_v8
Here and there

Unread post by ltd_v8 » January 27th, 2018, 6:50 pm

i use this https://imgbb.com/ similar lay out to photobucket

Return to “Forum Rules, Guidelines, News, and Updates”