Prevention - how have you stopped gear being stolen?

Stolen vehicles and parts, help us track them down!
smooth gq
Been here a while

Re: Prevention

Unread post by smooth gq » February 6th, 2012, 7:29 pm

2 big gard dogs (pig dogs) work well at home and camping :lol: ask the two bloke in the hilux with a big dint in the drivers door after my male dog tryed to eat him through his window. we where camping near townsville about 2.30 in the morning this lux kept driving past no lights on when they stoped. dogs dident make a sound till i let them off and told them to get them. the bang woke every one up and dident here from them again. :lol: :D

Smash_n_machine
Avid Poster

Unread post by Smash_n_machine » February 6th, 2012, 7:33 pm

i agree pig dogs work well or an empty dog box with an open gate....

davidden
Here and there

Unread post by davidden » February 12th, 2012, 9:36 pm

i fitted a gps tracker to my landcruiser. if they can get it going which is very unlikely i can cut the fuel supply but dailing the unit. ive put a cut off valve in the fuel line. if they tow it the unit will send me a text with the lats + longs + a map.. ive also got and alarm fitted. biggest question is should i call the cops or my 4wd mates first.

wabbit
Here and there

Unread post by wabbit » April 4th, 2012, 11:11 pm

down south the only way 12 gauge with soilds or 338 ultra mag good for 1000 yards let em think they got away, apbts one shovel or boat ,the ocean is huge, and never never open your mouth!!! my house, my car , my family, my law, u can get rid of ass****s just cant get caught. a bloke tryed to get into my garage a few years back though the back door dogs ripped a few little holes into him ,and one about the size of your fist out of hes leg. rang the cops they tryed to take the dogs with rangers i got locked up for not surrening the dogs cost me nearly $9000 in fees fighting the charges went to news papers, onbudsman, today tonight, acurrent affair, long story short i still have my dogs love them more then ever!! even now every one still remembers around town dont F#@% with wabbits dogs. as i said in court " better the dogs having a go then me because they wouldnt be here today" even the cops in court smiled

bear
Here and there

Unread post by bear » May 6th, 2012, 9:44 pm

i just leave my trusty old blue dog in my car when i'm in suspect areas, keys in the ignition and window down, no one f###s with a hungry bluey
2001 100 series,lifted&locked

Cruising Brit
Been here a while

Unread post by Cruising Brit » July 8th, 2012, 6:22 am

just come up with two good ideas, 1. the theives are gona get what they want eventually so why not engrave your name and phone number into each part or engrave a code that you'll remember. 2. on the idea to provent someone nicking your 4by, what about a wheel clamp. i saw a guy in the UK clamp his car on an onstreet car park so that the parking inspectors would think that his car had been already clamped. when he came back (way way over the two hour limit) he just unclamped his car and left. now besides the obvious genius for free parking, a wheel clamp would prevent a theif from nicking your 4wd at least.....
4WDing, it's not a Hobby, it's a Passion!!!

FZJ105; 2 inch lift, ST/maxx's, HID/led lights, draws, roof rack, sat nav/entertainment system, 2.5 inch Beaudesert exhaust with pacemaker extractors, green P plates, 3 year old behind the wheel :p

viewtopic.php?f=187&t=146189

pbk1776
Been here a while

Re:Prevention - how have you stopped gear being stolen?

Unread post by pbk1776 » December 5th, 2012, 11:08 am

Just reading this - we also have 2 big bully guard dogs at home

anthony egretz
I'm new, be nice!

Re: Prevention - how have you stopped gear being stolen?

Unread post by anthony egretz » February 26th, 2014, 11:28 am

Hi all, I work for super cheap auto. We had guy last year walk out the door with a set of speakers. our manger called our big bloke on the pa, so he went to get the little man & walked him straight inside. the stupid thing was he said one of your team members said I could try them! his way is get dumb full time employee of can't stop stiring out chick made his girlfriend keep him busy. My answer why can't the cops just take behind the shed and belt ***** out them it solve that problem
Cheers anthony
My metal detector finds history, I dig the relics and the 4wd leads the way

Shann Low
Avid Poster

Unread post by Shann Low » April 2nd, 2014, 5:41 pm

I put a old beer fridge out on the verge with a "free to a good home" sign on it!
It was still there more than 6 weeks and neighbors complaining.
I changed the sign to read "Beer Fridge $50" and it was stolen the same night! :lol:
So now for my car I have a cardboard sign for the front dash says - "Cars rooted - free to a good home..." & no one will touch it!
I guess its human nature... people only want to steal something someone else values... if you don't value it, then no one else will want to steal it!. :rolleyes:

madcow
Been here a while

Unread post by madcow » April 8th, 2014, 6:57 am

Now I'm not sure if you've heard of this stuff or not and it may not stop someone ripping you off but your parts can at least be easily identified by the police. It is basically a paint on "Data dot" with a unique code you can register the number nationally. Can only be seen under UV light. Great for bikes as well.

http://www.datadotdna.com/au/datadot_buy_for_car.php

chris_stoffa
Need to get out more
Location: Wandering in the Wilderness of the Western Burbs of Melbourne., VIC

Unread post by chris_stoffa » April 8th, 2014, 9:23 am

Its excellent stuff, but is a little pricey but that also depends what you use it on and what is the value of the items.

Great for vehicles, power tools fridges and other larger items - wouldn't use it on "everything"

They now market it in smaller lots that what i originally purchased

My can has lasted over 10 years , done about 25 major items and never had to find out if the process works although the big stickers on the vehicles are getting a bit tatty and the little ones have now faded almost to invisibility :lol:
Datadot.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
03 Bravo 2.5TD DCab

Bourbydol
Here and there

Unread post by Bourbydol » August 3rd, 2014, 1:37 pm

Shann Low

A mate spent 6 months advertising his oldmans wooden boat for free, needed a complete rebuild on EVERYTHING!
After all that time he was sent the money to get it removed from the front lawn.....
Then sold it for $1500 after 2wks advertising with a price :lol: WIN WIN

10571z
Been here a while

Unread post by 10571z » August 4th, 2014, 9:29 pm

Had my Led lightbar stolen today while i was at a funeral. Absolute pieces of scum *****. They used a hacksaw and cut straight through the bolts and scratched my bullbar along the way. The nuts were really hard to get undone so i guess thats why they cut it. Make sure you guys use hi tensile bolts.

Return to “Stolen”