Stolen Triton Maddington (WA)

Stolen vehicles and parts, help us track them down!
Gary_M
Been here a while

Re: Stolen Triton Maddington (WA)

Unread post by Gary_M » November 4th, 2015, 12:43 pm

He has nothing to lose, hes waited for the dealer to do their thing so hes been friendly about it, Id now go to the Transport Dept and explain the situation to them. My guess is they will issue new plates. New plates seems like the easiest solution but you never know I suppose. Just make sure he has all paper work with him, showing he owns that VIN etc. They might send him to the dealer to have them deal with it, lol.

My insurance assessor checked VIN when I hit a skippy.

I dont think insurance would be denied. Its not an act trying to cover something up, or a criminal one, and its an error that is not the policy holders fault. But Id consider ringing the insurer to find their take. But they insure the VIN really. Policy remains in place if you move state, so reg would change then too.

If reg is attached to different owners, and addresses, then yep, fines would have to go to the wrong address.

Heisenberg
Been here a while

Unread post by Heisenberg » November 5th, 2015, 12:29 am

You only need to understand what the REVs or PPSR guarantees. It guarantees clear title to the purchaser. That is its purpose. Its government backed, it is law. If youre buying a car, prior to purchase, and thats important that its prior to purchase, you perform a PPSR, and it comes back clear, no one can take the car from you. All you need do is present the printout showing the PPSR gave the vehicle the all clear. Not even a bank, not anyone. To put it in your context, a PPSR search is checking the vehicles bona fides.
Incorrect. The car yard did a search, and it didn't turn up simply because they did it before I'd reported it stolen. Your understanding of the law is wrong. Or maybe that's the law in another state. But it's not the law in WA
they were entitled to leave at your door. Which is damn good of them.
Incorrect again I'm afraid. The car was returned to the dealer from the guy who bought it and I picked it up from there. I didn't have to pay the dealer a cent, but chose to do so because it was the fair thing to do.
You acted foolishly. From kindness, or whatever it really doesnt matter. But you got off easy, and a poor caryard is left holding your bag.
Ok I give up. What did I do that was foolish? Also, why is it "my bag?"

Also why doesn't this thread update to the top of page 1? Why is it buried on P2?

Gary_M
Been here a while

Unread post by Gary_M » November 5th, 2015, 9:54 am

So you dont think it applies in WA, but youre sure a caryard in WA is paying for a PPSR certificate? Why would they pay for a PPSR?

I understand you didnt report it stolen, I pointed that out. YOUR failure to report it stolen is what facilitated this entire thing. Thats why its your bag.

What do you think the caryard should do? Wait 60 days to check the vehicle on PPSR? They check it when its brought in, they look it over, evaluate it, the PPSR is instant and online. The bird however had the car long enough to damage it, have it sitting at a repair shop, time for the thief to talk to you and say dont worry Ive got it covered by insurance, for you to try to reclaim it from the repairer, wait for cops to fail to retrieve it for you, and this says that by now there is an issue with your ownership and title because if there wanst the police would have recovered it there and then, and then for her to retrieve it from the repairer and take it to a dealer to sell. This didnt all happen in 1 day.

Its clear that you dont understand it. Its a Commonwealth law, not state. It was originally a NSW government scheme (REVS), designed to stop frauds and other scams being perpetrated on unsuspecting buyers. It was open to anyone, and other states enacted laws that made REVS valid in their state too. However, it was taken over or replaced by the Federal Government as PPSR. Under REVS it cost about $25 for the report, but checks were free, but note a purchased report was needed to prove your claim, the check was not sufficient alone. Now no check is free, you pay a small fee to run the check, and the report is issued, but its significantly cheaper now, only a few dollars a check. REVS had been around for decades, and PPSR for a number of years now too.

WA government website has links to PPSR so it applies there too. And I would think that if it didnt, the caryard wouldnt bother doing one as you suggest he had. They are not free.

Your bag? OK, one last time. Why is it the car dealers bag? They did not stuff up. So why should they lose out? Why should they have to seek recompense from the deadbeat you trusted? Not them, they didnt foolishly trust her, they had every reason to believe she was the owner, and you facilitated that by your decisions.

If you still cant grasp it, try this. Why dont you tell me what you think PPSR is about. Why you think that not only I but tens of thousands of others would pay money for a certificate of clear title, that guarantees clear titles, not only government backed but government run also, that they cant rely on? It and its predecessor have been in place doing their thing for decades, and its delivered.

Do you really want me to make a list of your foolishness?

I cant say why its not on p1. But it has been bumped to its new chronological order each time Ive noticed new posts.

Gary_M
Been here a while

Unread post by Gary_M » November 5th, 2015, 11:24 am

If you want a reason why the caryard returned the car despite not being obligated to, they also have an obligation to the new buyer. Caryards are under strict conditions regarding title to new owners, they provide a guarantee under law, and are obligated to guarantee that title. You know how they do that? PPSR. But even though they have legal protection though that PPSR certificate, its often not economically sensible to fight it, but its also a prudent business decision to ensure such incidents are not made public. This way it is kept as quiet as its possible to make it.

Accept it or not, your choices to allow a girl to take advantage of you for whatever reasons, allowed a dame to get several people to part with money, and now one of them is left holding the bag. The choices you made? Lending her the car, she clearly was not trustworthy. You failed to report it stolen, not the caryard or the repairer. You allowed this situation to carry on far too long. These legally make it your bag.

Yes it was your car, it was stolen, and the bird is repsonsible, and you get to make her pay. Now you made that the caryards deal. You passed the buck.

Knowing what PPSR is, that its valid in WA, and that the caryard did the right thing in obtaining a valid PPSR certificate, tell us why you think its the caryards responsibility?

Ill note you also decided our words here caused you sleepless night, not the fact that your car was in limbo, not how it got there, the oipinions of people on the internet, that you sought out, that arent lawyers. No, its always someone elses fault hey.

Shann Low
Avid Poster

Unread post by Shann Low » November 5th, 2015, 3:48 pm

I am not apportioning blame to anyone in this instance.

What i am doing is admitting pleasant surprise that WAPOL did anything to get your car back!

I was assisting a family from Qld recently, (i.e. in the last 18 months or so) who's relative (uncle) went missing while on a fishing trip from the Pilbara up to Broome.

His distinctive white Nissan ute he was driving went missing with him.

My lad was working up thru the Pilbara and Kimberly at the time & I had him do some searching for it while up there to no avail.

In essence the last we knew the old guy spoke with a mate from Qld by mobile and explained that he was busy wetting a line for Barru, while parked / camped in the back of his ute under a bridge out of Broome somewhere enjoying a cold ale.

And he just vanished along with his ute!

So the lad looked under all the road bridges between Broome and Darwin basically... and nothing.

Eventually we got the vehicle & uncle shown on Ch 10's most wanted program.

Someone rang Qld police with a sighting of the ute.

Qld police went an interviewed the guy.... and he claimed he bought it off a bloke at the pub.

So Qld Police left the ute with him - end of story!

Until we started arranging for questions to be asked in the Qld and WA Parliaments...

You see the bank was trying to foreclose on his ute coz payments had ceased since he went missing, so as his family knew it was his prized possession they were making the bank payments to preserve his interest in the vehicle in case he turned up somewhere. Police had forwarded his mail so the family were getting the bank demands.

Only trouble - was the bloke in FNQ was still driving the missing guys ute while the missing guy s family was still paying it off!.

Police in Qld and WA didn;t see any issue with that (nor the fact the old guy was still missing)!

Once the questions on notice in 2 parliaments in WA & Qld started showing up suddenly the 2 respective police ministers made it the 2 e=respective police commissioners problems and WA sent some detectives to FNQ to interview the guy with the ute and seize it as evidence in a unsolved homicide case & as part of the missing guys estate!.

Then the FNQ guy coughed up to the WA Detectives the info that he had traded his old unlicensed 60 series cruiser (bearing SA Number plates) & cash adjustment for the near new Nissan ute.

A Bolo was put out for this 60 series cruiser and a local in Broome phoned in having seen it locally getting around Broome.

Broome detectives went around and interviewed the woman at the house who coughed about her partner murdering the old guy with a tire lever to the head and burying his body in a shallow grave out of broome at a fishing hole by the river in an argument over too loud music by the young buck!.

Forensics located the remains and the 2 of them are on remand awaiting trial for murder - the Qld family got his ute back in the end!

The point is the Qld and WA Police between them didn't give a **** about his stolen ute or solving his disappearance / unsolved murder- even when all the evidence was put on a plate in front of them. It wasn't until the family (at my insistence & me drafting all the relevant emails) put up a fuss in 2 state parliaments, that anyone even started to give a ****.

So the fact they got your ute back for you, just amazes me...considering what it took to get them interested in solving a murder!.

My own experience with them (Police) has been less that stellar shall we say.

I often am heard to suggest publicly, that they couldn't find the cheeks of their own arse with both hands, if you loaned them a seeing eye dog to sniff it out and a mirror on a big stick to view it!. ;)

Heisenberg
Been here a while

Unread post by Heisenberg » November 6th, 2015, 9:55 pm

Gary_M wrote:If you want a reason why the caryard returned the car despite not being obligated to, they also have an obligation to the new buyer. Caryards are under strict conditions regarding title to new owners, they provide a guarantee under law, and are obligated to guarantee that title. You know how they do that? PPSR. But even though they have legal protection though that PPSR certificate, its often not economically sensible to fight it, but its also a prudent business decision to ensure such incidents are not made public. This way it is kept as quiet as its possible to make it.

Accept it or not, your choices to allow a girl to take advantage of you for whatever reasons, allowed a dame to get several people to part with money, and now one of them is left holding the bag. The choices you made? Lending her the car, she clearly was not trustworthy. You failed to report it stolen, not the caryard or the repairer. You allowed this situation to carry on far too long. These legally make it your bag.

Yes it was your car, it was stolen, and the bird is repsonsible, and you get to make her pay. Now you made that the caryards deal. You passed the buck.

Knowing what PPSR is, that its valid in WA, and that the caryard did the right thing in obtaining a valid PPSR certificate, tell us why you think its the caryards responsibility?

Ill note you also decided our words here caused you sleepless night, not the fact that your car was in limbo, not how it got there, the oipinions of people on the internet, that you sought out, that arent lawyers. No, its always someone elses fault hey.
You're simply incapable of admitting you were wrong, aren't you? But don't feel bad about it - I asked a lawyer I know and he gave essentially the same answer you did. But then he added "but I'm not an expert on contract law" - maybe you should add that disclaimer to any posts you make on topics such as this.

Heisenberg
Been here a while

Unread post by Heisenberg » November 6th, 2015, 10:06 pm

What i am doing is admitting pleasant surprise that WAPOL did anything to get your car back!
Me too, actually. I was very pleasantly surprised. I know a bloke who had a dirt bike stolen, and he found it by asking around. He told the cops where it was, but the cops did sweet FA about it. Then when he complained to the cops about their inaction, and suggested that he might take matters into his own hands they threatened him (I'm not sure with what though - how can you be charged with theft for retrieving your own bike)

I think I probably just got lucky and got a good cop - hats off to senior consrtable Gavin Abbot from Gosnells police.

Return to “Stolen”