Stolen off road work trailer with tools

Stolen vehicles and parts, help us track them down!
Darkness
I'm new, be nice!

Stolen off road work trailer with tools

Unread post by Darkness » December 9th, 2014, 2:08 pm

Hi my name is Drew Cogdell

My work trailer was stolen off the back of my Hilux in the early hours of last Sunday morning from outside my house in Maddingley, a suburb of Bacchus Marsh in Victoria.

The rego number of the trailer is
P92 763
it also had sign writing of my Buisness name on it

A & K Cogdell Floors

this was on both sides and rear of the trailer

But I only have a picture without the signs on it
IMG_0302.JPG
Also they broke into the back of my ARB canopy and stole my 40lt engel fridge and all my recovery equipment.

if anyone knows or has seen anything please contact Bacchus Marsh Police Station on (03) 5366 4500

this has just about put me out of business and ruined my ability to provide for my family and to take my family camping over Xmas
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

pickle
Admin

Re: Stolen off road work trailer with tools

Unread post by pickle » December 9th, 2014, 5:00 pm

So sorry to hear mate. Not good when someone steals your lively hood. I'm in Deer Park area so will keep an eye out.
Dave
2001 Challenger with bits and peices of goodness.
And of course 'Pajeropoint' for the Mitsu fans.
http://www.facebook.com/groups/306179409472332/

Darkness
I'm new, be nice!

Unread post by Darkness » December 9th, 2014, 5:41 pm

thanks mate

it seems to be happening a lot allover melbourne

Darkness
I'm new, be nice!

Unread post by Darkness » December 10th, 2014, 5:13 am

please if anyone has seen this come forward..

As because of this I have lost the ability to make a living and provide for my family in the short term? Thanks to everyone who has viewed this

vk3aif
Been here a while

Unread post by vk3aif » December 13th, 2014, 8:50 pm

I'll keep an eye and ear out too, I'm just up the road near Melton. I hope it somehow works out for you and your family has a good Christmas, all the best.

LittleGem
Been here a while

Unread post by LittleGem » December 13th, 2014, 9:10 pm

scum mate the lot of them its the time of year, there was a place near where I worked the other day that was broken into and they where looking for the xmas presents (this family hadn't bought any yet) and when they couldn't find them they wrote abusive messages on the wall, defecated on the floor and vandalised a vehicle that was in the garage... It's this time of year the crims just go bezerk it's like they get a boost or something, I wish you all the best mate and hope its found or better yet they have a change of heart and hand them selves in with everything
My rocky build thread with Stainless steel snorkle, 31" tyres, bigger turbo and more...

viewtopic.php?f=22&t=155538&start=15
All done By Automotive Etcellence.

You can go Fast, I can go anywhere

Darkness
I'm new, be nice!

Unread post by Darkness » December 15th, 2014, 1:04 pm

thanks all

Darkness
I'm new, be nice!

Unread post by Darkness » December 16th, 2014, 6:57 am

police are useless as they have done nothing to try and recover my items and yet more thefts of trade peoples tools and trailers keep happening in this town and surrounds...

Peter Aawen
Admin

Unread post by Peter Aawen » December 16th, 2014, 9:45 am

The low-life parasites who do this sort of stuff are often more active around the Christmas Season, not only because there is a good chance of new gear being amongst the loot, but also because they often reckon the rest of the world owes them a good Christmas too!! Often they are taught from a very young age that they are 'owed' & that nothing they do is 'their fault' or 'their responsibility,' & they get away with it cos everyone around them thinks it's cute, or that you shouldn't discipline kids, let alone anyone who persistently flaunts the most basic rules of our society/communities - and the honest hardworkers out there are just the people who end up paying for it! :eek:

But, as hard as it might be on you, Darkness, the cops basically hafta act within the laws that are meant to protect the honest hardworking people, so they hafta pretty much assume that anyone is innocent until there is more than just a suspicion that they are guilty!! And that often means that catching the scum who do rip off others is not always easy. The cops may even have a pretty good idea of who is behind all the thefts in the area, but they can't do much until the scumbag makes a mistake, gets caught in the act, or maybe some of the identifiably stolen items start appearing on the market & they can track it back to the crim.... That doesn't help you any in the short term, but the cops will be putting the word around &/or checking places where stolen gear might be offered for sale, & while that can take time, it is usually the way stolen gear is found, IF it's going to get found!!

Still, & this isn't all that great for you either, it's pretty easy to change sign writing & even rego plates, so if you hadn't clearly labelled all your gear or kept records of serial numbers, then even if the cops do find it amongst other stuff that's been stolen, it might be hard for you to re-claim it!!

Is there anything else you can do to get back to work?? Insurance maybe? Borrowed sanding/polishing gear? Anyone reading who might be able to help with a loan of some gear??
An Ex-Service person is someone who thought enough about their country & how great it is, how lucky we are to live here, to write a blank cheque made out to 'The People and Commonwealth of Australia' for the value of 'Up to & including my Life!'

Darkness
I'm new, be nice!

Unread post by Darkness » December 16th, 2014, 4:38 pm

got some borrowed gear at the moment thanks Peter.

But just to make a point the police didn't even bother to check cctv footage around the town to see which way they went.
nor did they finger print my car even though I requested it.

but it doesn't seem like they are doing anything to prevent this from happening to other people in the town.

don't think I'm trying to argue with you here. it's just what I see and have hered from other people around the town.

Rogers Cruiser
Part of the furniture

Unread post by Rogers Cruiser » December 16th, 2014, 5:23 pm

THe police arnt really interested in something like this, yes they will take a report for the insurance, but they arnt going to spend hours and hours of time looking for anything.

Its a major problem with policing today, no effort trying to track down thefts!
'98-'06 - FJ-45 Ute fell over one day and didnt survive
'06-now - HJ-47 Troopy, restored and now daily driver.
'13-now - HJ-47 Ute, Farm fresh rust bucket, needs a restoration. viewtopic.php?f=22&t=152811

now - Off Road Box/Camper Trailer. viewtopic.php?f=134&t=153968&p=1792444#p1792444

Dont listen to me, Ive got an opinion on everything!

vk3aif
Been here a while

Unread post by vk3aif » December 16th, 2014, 6:54 pm

Around Bacchus Marsh the police are too busy breathalysing everyone, for a while there every time I went to the Marsh I was tested and by the way I always past touch wood. I would have been tested there more than everywhere else combined and not that I have a problem with that, it is just an inconvieniance and an observation.

Rogers Cruiser
Part of the furniture

Unread post by Rogers Cruiser » December 16th, 2014, 10:32 pm

Well try to think of breath testing as a multipurpose activity. Its a great way to look for known fellons, or missing trailers!
'98-'06 - FJ-45 Ute fell over one day and didnt survive
'06-now - HJ-47 Troopy, restored and now daily driver.
'13-now - HJ-47 Ute, Farm fresh rust bucket, needs a restoration. viewtopic.php?f=22&t=152811

now - Off Road Box/Camper Trailer. viewtopic.php?f=134&t=153968&p=1792444#p1792444

Dont listen to me, Ive got an opinion on everything!

Darkness
I'm new, be nice!

Unread post by Darkness » December 17th, 2014, 5:36 pm

True true mate

Darkness
I'm new, be nice!

Unread post by Darkness » December 17th, 2014, 5:38 pm

The Marsh is where they train the young ones on the boose bus

Return to “Stolen”