Waitesy's chopped hj47 troopy rebuild time

Whether it's your first tourer or a hardcore playtruck, show us your vehicle or what you're building inside, and keep us up to date on your mods as they happen!
Waitesy
Avid Poster

Waitesy's chopped hj47 troopy rebuild time

Unread post by Waitesy » December 7th, 2009, 11:36 am

hey all this is my Nissan 720 i brought the other day from a guy in clyde it's got a holden v6,2.5 inch ehaust, T700 auto, limited slip rear diff (turns out it's a d21 navara rear diff), 33'' super swampers on the front some kind of goodyear tyres on the back and 2 other super swampers that need tubes. a 4'' body lift with no muffler and a hole heap of mud lol and all this for only $300 which i am happy with concidering i'm only 13.:waycool:
i'm not sure what i want to do with this rig in the future so any ideas would be greatly appreciated. :thumb:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Waitesy on January 19th, 2014, 10:19 am, edited 31 times in total.

4bdan
Part of the furniture

Unread post by 4bdan » December 7th, 2009, 11:49 am

G'day mate, what are you wanting to do with it?

Is it going to be your Daily driver or just a mud basher?
1991 Dual Cab Hilux 2.8 Red Rocket

Waitesy
Avid Poster

Unread post by Waitesy » December 7th, 2009, 12:35 pm

plans are for a start to get a muffler and maybe a better steering wheel cause the one thats is on it at the moment is off a go kart, maybe when i get some more money i will sas the front but it will mainly be for mud bashing

dopey
Been here a while

Unread post by dopey » December 8th, 2009, 7:50 am

good to finally see another one of these things around the place just wondering where about you live cause i have a spare steering wheel and muffler sitting in the back yard at the moment if your interested :thumb:

Waitesy
Avid Poster

Unread post by Waitesy » December 8th, 2009, 2:39 pm

hey all i got a muffler it's off a truck we had mounted it sounds much better now alot quieter :thumb:

also my dad took the other 2 superswampers down to his work today to get tubes in them so hopefully i will have them back soon
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

mrbenwithag
Avid Poster

Unread post by mrbenwithag » December 8th, 2009, 2:59 pm

i've never herd of a nissan 720.
this things awesome.
and your only 13 too.
man i wish i had something like this when i was 13. haha.
where abouts ya from matey?
Rampt Customs 4x4.
for bar work and more

http://www.facebook.com/RamptCustoms4x4

Waitesy
Avid Poster

Unread post by Waitesy » December 8th, 2009, 5:15 pm

mrbenwithag wrote:i've never herd of a nissan 720.
this things awesome.
and your only 13 too.
man i wish i had something like this when i was 13. haha.
where abouts ya from matey?

hey mrbenwithhag i'd never heard of 1 either i brought it off ebay and the guy said it was a patrol But the service book said it was a 720.
and i'm from Bairnsdale in East Victoria.

Aaron Schubert
Need to get out more

Unread post by Aaron Schubert » December 8th, 2009, 5:39 pm

Very cool, not often you see one of these around! Should make a beast too.

Aaron
Looking for somewhere to go 4WDing in WA? Check out WA 4WD Tracks

My 80 Series Landcruiser

Waitesy
Avid Poster

Unread post by Waitesy » December 8th, 2009, 7:05 pm

dopey wrote:good to finally see another one of these things around the place just wondering where about you live cause i have a spare steering wheel and muffler sitting in the back yard at the moment if your interested :thumb:

hey dopey how much were you wanting for the steering wheel
and i live in bairnsdale vic
thanks

wickiwickiben
Been here a while

Unread post by wickiwickiben » December 8th, 2009, 8:17 pm

say goodbye to your rear diff it you dont treat her nicely. that v6 will make mince meat of it

Waitesy
Avid Poster

Unread post by Waitesy » December 8th, 2009, 8:28 pm

wickiwickiben wrote:say goodbye to your rear diff it you dont treat her nicely. that v6 will make mince meat of it

thanks for the advice :thumb:it looks like the old owners had given it a pretty hard life but i dropped the oil out of the rear diff today and put new stuff in it i didn't find any metal in it so hopefully it's all good
thanks

Mulisha_Troop
Been here a while

Unread post by Mulisha_Troop » December 8th, 2009, 8:50 pm

haha that looks like the same steering wheel that came with my lux. The old owner said it was because he needed to climb up under it to get in. Beats me. you have 5 years to make it awesome mate good luck with it.

Waitesy
Avid Poster

Unread post by Waitesy » December 8th, 2009, 9:07 pm

Mulisha_Troop wrote:haha that looks like the same steering wheel that came with my lux. The old owner said it was because he needed to climb up under it to get in. Beats me. you have 5 years to make it awesome mate good luck with it.

ivé got no idea why the old owner put this steering wheel on it it's too small and he welded it in:confused:. lol and there is still plenty of leg room
and yeah hopefully in 5 years i will be able to build it up big and tough

thanks

4bdan
Part of the furniture

Unread post by 4bdan » December 9th, 2009, 7:07 am

The Datsun 720 is basically the original Nissan Navara.

You don't see many 4wd versions around these days and even the 2wd versions are starting to dissapear. Unfortunately they are quite prone to rusting out.

Good to see your keen at 13 mate, you should have a pretty tough truck once your old enough to drive it legally...
1991 Dual Cab Hilux 2.8 Red Rocket

Waitesy
Avid Poster

Unread post by Waitesy » December 9th, 2009, 8:39 am

4bdan wrote:The Datsun 720 is basically the original Nissan Navara.

You don't see many 4wd versions around these days and even the 2wd versions are starting to dissapear. Unfortunately they are quite prone to rusting out.

Good to see your keen at 13 mate, you should have a pretty tough truck once your old enough to drive it legally...

hey 4bdan your right about the rust mine is starting to rust out just below the grille.

thanks

Return to “Members Rides, Buildups, and Projects”