Can your vehicle be identified?

Whether it's your first tourer or a hardcore playtruck, show us your vehicle or what you're building inside, and keep us up to date on your mods as they happen!
road rat
Been here a while

Unread post by road rat » February 3rd, 2010, 9:41 am

in vic you dont need a mod plate to remove seats but im not sure about the lift some one will let me know if wrong but i think its when you get over 50mm you have to worrie about eng cert

thedjs
Part of the furniture

Unread post by thedjs » April 13th, 2010, 1:33 am

I've always blanked out the plates on my rig cause I have a few classics and a few leagal mods to my rig as well as about 3 sets of offroad tires and don't want lowlifes knowing where I live and come shopping for a ride while I am out. As I do a lot of work at night that makes it easier for them, even on google earth you can see my Holden HR X2 in the drive and my new Pajero out the front. How easy would it be for someone to See it on there and be waiting down the street I go out leave the garage door open Wife forgets to close it when she goes to sleep I come home and find it not where I left it or anything else for that matter.

Come on don't do it to anyone else unless you think it is ok for them to do it to you. And always blank out your plates and rego sticker street names or even that "Bob's Auto" sticker on your car it can be identifed easily, very easily. . . . . . .
Last night I lay in bed looking up at the stars in the sky and I thought to myself, where the heck is the tent gone.

My Shed: http://bit.ly/bYa2Nz

landcrusier kid
Here and there

Re: Can your vehicle be identified?

Unread post by landcrusier kid » November 26th, 2010, 1:19 pm

bloody low lifes
kiapete can you get them for other states

TroopiePete
Need to get out more

Re:

Unread post by TroopiePete » November 26th, 2010, 1:36 pm

thedjs wrote:I've always blanked out the plates on my rig cause I have a few classics and a few leagal mods to my rig as well as about 3 sets of offroad tires and don't want lowlifes knowing where I live and come shopping for a ride while I am out. As I do a lot of work at night that makes it easier for them, even on google earth you can see my Holden HR X2 in the drive and my new Pajero out the front. How easy would it be for someone to See it on there and be waiting down the street I go out leave the garage door open Wife forgets to close it when she goes to sleep I come home and find it not where I left it or anything else for that matter.

Come on don't do it to anyone else unless you think it is ok for them to do it to you. And always blank out your plates and rego sticker street names or even that "Bob's Auto" sticker on your car it can be identifed easily, very easily. . . . . . .
So um the BIG TroopiePete sign on my roof rack is bad?
Peter Richens - VK4FSD
HF Radio club - 4115
River City 4WD Club - President 2010 - 2014 http://www.rivercity4wdclub.net

Corindi

Unread post by Corindi » November 30th, 2010, 10:24 pm

I think so Pete, but what is probably worse is my number plate on the front cover of the camping mag!

Really though, my car is 100% legal and there aren't any major security issues up here, so what do I have to loose by it being there?
www.BillabongFurniture.com.au

VooDoo

Unread post by VooDoo » November 30th, 2010, 10:50 pm

I know a guy in the hoon squad in QLD and they have people on the net checking out build threads, forums, chat rooms etc

Its not always another member, sometimes you dob yourself in :(

nethergate
Been here a while

Unread post by nethergate » December 1st, 2010, 6:03 am

dogs, i know my car is roadworthy so how about i start a build thread with pix of other peoples modified cars but i state my rego in the thread like 'my rego is funny WTF-001' then when they come knockin on my door i can be like 'HUH! wasted your time b1tches!'
Last edited by Corindi on December 1st, 2010, 7:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: remove swearing

AUSJohn
Here and there

Unread post by AUSJohn » December 8th, 2010, 7:41 am

The only thing i can put this down as is Jealousy.

Peter Aawen
Admin

Unread post by Peter Aawen » December 8th, 2010, 1:48 pm

Apart from dropping yourself in it with the Authorities, Forums like this are often just on-line shopping centres for the low-lives who practice five finger discounting! Even if you just have a picture that shows your house from the street there are Google searches & apps that will let the low-lives access where you live, & posting things like up-coming trip details, adding your name to the list of those attending a Forum Meet-up, posting a pic with date/time details or the attached electronic info, or just posting that you might head down to SuperCheap tomorrow to check out the latest 'must have whatever' can be enough to give them a window of opportunity to help themselves to your gear, & if you've already told them what you've fitted to your car, or that you've got that new Locker waiting to go in, they know what to look for!

So more than anything else, just try & think a bit before you post anything, try to make sure that you aren't HELPING these scumbags to help themselves to your gear! And posting a pic with a rego label showing or with that big windscreen banner advertising whatever is often doing just that! Yeah, I know that you shouldn't hafta worry about things like this, but it is the electronic age, and ANYTHING you put on a public Forum is instantly available to the WORLD, and sadly, the World is populated by people of all types & leanings, & many of them are NOT NICE!!
An Ex-Service person is someone who thought enough about their country & how great it is, how lucky we are to live here, to write a blank cheque made out to 'The People and Commonwealth of Australia' for the value of 'Up to & including my Life!'

TUFF HJ60
Part of the furniture

Unread post by TUFF HJ60 » December 25th, 2010, 2:58 pm

Sad but true

ranger2452
Need to get out more

Unread post by ranger2452 » December 25th, 2010, 6:04 pm

Corindi wrote:I think so Pete, but what is probably worse is my number plate on the front cover of the camping mag!

Really though, my car is 100% legal and there aren't any major security issues up here, so what do I have to loose by it being there?
i wouldn't know dave i've never been ON THE FRONT COVER of the magazine :D :D
W.A .......whingers anonymous
Coffs harbour.....4wd capital of the WORLD
Ranger2452 aka rebadgedmazda2452

BundyRoo
I'm new, be nice!

Unread post by BundyRoo » October 15th, 2011, 3:29 pm

Wow, I cannot believe this. I think newbie 4WD Action members should be notified about this. It makes me think twice before uploading any photos of my ute, not that theres anything illegal about it but I guess you never know whose looking at the photo and background its taken in.

If I do end up uploading any photos I will be blurring or covering my number plate, thats for sure. Thanks for the post, if I hadnt of read this I wouldnt of known.

BundyRoo

oncedisturbed
Part of the furniture

Unread post by oncedisturbed » October 25th, 2011, 5:21 am

only problem with covering the number plate is that there WILL STILL be something that stands out, something that will still identify the vehicle

nasty ar$e though what happened to the jeep dude though

HDJ78R
Need to get out more

Unread post by HDJ78R » December 8th, 2011, 5:32 pm

My vehicle is to distinctive, so I'm not gonna bother hiding the licence plate.

safari truck
Been here a while

Unread post by safari truck » April 7th, 2012, 10:54 pm

Hmmm, plenty of lowlifes on this planet... and i'm fast runnin out of places to put the bodies... but it can sometimes work in reverse fellas...see if he ever leaves any trace of HIS whereabouts... then follow through with brake fluid in a 'super soaker'... or worse... like i said i'm runnin out of places to put the bodies, anyone got a spare block of land they want fertilised? hey... HEY... officer i was JUST KIDDING... ahhh... no...NOOOO!!!!... the thought police have got me... even fantasy is illegal nowadays...
Adulthood... its about doing the things you dreamt about as a child...and hurry it up...there is a time limit!

Return to “Members Rides, Buildups, and Projects”