Building my Nisota

Whether it's your first tourer or a hardcore playtruck, show us your vehicle or what you're building inside, and keep us up to date on your mods as they happen!
jclures
Avid Poster

Re: Building my Nisota

Unread post by jclures » September 25th, 2015, 9:55 pm

I had to change my plans a little today, I brought new u bolts with the new springs, yesterday I find the left side u bolts will not fit. They had the wrong radius and after a bit of effort bending them to fit only find they are also 25mm to short.
So today I went looking for u bolts from the collection we have at hand, and I was able to make up a set.

I have fitted a set of castor wedges in as well, 1deg, I figure they should correct the new shackle height.
I have used Toyota shackles with a shim either side on the spring end. The hanger is 70mm the same as Toyota, and the Nissan springs are 60 mm

Once I fit the bull bar and winch back on the shackles should pass centre, well I hope so anyhow.
I have also fitted new sock absorbers, steering damper and sway bar bushed.

jclures
Avid Poster

Unread post by jclures » October 27th, 2015, 9:26 pm

I have now finished the spring and shackle changes, they I think they look pretty good fitted.

To me it now rides better when four wheel driving for sure, smoother, softer, and nice to drive.
On the road when towing my camper I feel there is push on the corners, I will get it in for a wheel alignment I think, maybe could do with a little more castor. I do have a two deg wedge set if this is what a wheel alignment finds.

I have a problem with the front tyre scrubbing at full lock, it is more to do with the new offset I am running, but this is not a big problem.

As I have been working on the old girl I thought I might bling her up a bit as well.

Presto77
I'm new, be nice!

Unread post by Presto77 » November 11th, 2015, 8:53 pm

Epic build thread! ...I enjoyed every second! :)

jclures
Avid Poster

Unread post by jclures » December 26th, 2015, 10:42 pm

You are welcome Presto77, I probably should stop adding but I guess I have nothing better to do anyhow.
As for the Nisota, I have removed the front castor wedges, I found I was getting to much push into corners, especially with the camper behind me, also I am a little disappointed in the rear spring set, they seam to have sagged already, it could be because of the weight of my Nissan. I have now added some air to the airbags again and this has fixed it for now.
I must say it now rides well though, even on the rough roads.

jclures
Avid Poster

Unread post by jclures » March 31st, 2016, 9:40 pm

I have started my new camper the link to it is here.

http://www.4wdaction.com.au/forum/viewt ... 2#p1827862

Return to “Members Rides, Buildups, and Projects”