Building my Nisota

Whether it's your first tourer or a hardcore playtruck, show us your vehicle or what you're building inside, and keep us up to date on your mods as they happen!
stretch4x4

Re: Building my Nisota

Unread post by stretch4x4 » July 14th, 2014, 5:26 pm

Most likely just one or more of the many servers misbehaving and not sending them..
It was on the list of issues the IT guys were slowly working on..
Image HDJ79R & Traxxas Summit

Gojeep
Part of the furniture

Unread post by Gojeep » July 14th, 2014, 6:19 pm

Just make sure at the very bottom of this page there is a X next to 'Unsubscribe Topic'.
Bit confusing as you could take it that it has been marked already to unsubscribe!

I went through and a while ago and unsubscribed and then resubscribed to all the threads I was following, and it seemed to help for a while.

jclures
Avid Poster

Unread post by jclures » July 15th, 2014, 8:14 am

Well I have now fitted my Wolf EMS, It has been tuned in on 95 and 91 octane, I opted for the 95 instead of 98 as I can buy it readily locally where as 98 is only available through one outlet. I also know I would have got a higher power reading if I had used 98 but that is unavoidable as I only have the ability to have two tunes on the Wolf.

I also had the transmission tuned to match the engine and Nissan while on the Dyno, it now feels to shift earlier but hold on in lower gears a little longer.

I also decided to run the 3.1” pulley as I thought if I went to the 3” I might struggle to run 91 octane fuel, so I ended up not getting as much boost as first planed, but that being said it now pulls from the get go, as soon as I press the loud pedal you can feel the difference.

Lee from LG Automotive also took into account I tow my camper, so he run the Dyno with as much load on his Dyno could load up to simulate this.

The air flow meter is now removed and my new pipe is fitted.

And now the Dyno sheet, I ended up with 133.8kW or 179.4hp with 4.5lbs of boost, using the 95octane fuel and 126kW with 91octane.

I also asked that if possible to tune it to give me as much power through the entire range rather than tune it to give me a higher total output.

I do have to thank Lee though he put in two late nights tuning, one night went to 2am in the morning, he didn’t look flash when I saw him the next day though.
Last edited by jclures on July 15th, 2014, 9:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

jclures
Avid Poster

Unread post by jclures » July 15th, 2014, 8:20 am

Gojeep I have just tried as you suggested so I will see how it goes now.

Gojeep
Part of the furniture

Unread post by Gojeep » July 15th, 2014, 9:41 am

Nice flat torque curve there which gives great drive-ability. :)
Remember you can add 22-25% for parasitic drag of a heavy 4wd drive line to get your flywheel numbers.

jclures
Avid Poster

Unread post by jclures » July 15th, 2014, 12:17 pm

Lee told me when he was tuning it he thought if I had of tuned it with 98 octane I would have had a lot higher numbers as well, and he also thought in my Nissan a 25% would also be a conservative loss.

SparkieKev
Been here a while

Unread post by SparkieKev » July 19th, 2014, 8:22 pm

Hi mate, pretty epic build up. Really nice that your boy has helped, my brother and I have spent a fair bit of time helping our dad with his 110 rebuild and mods ( been rebuilt 3 times and had 4 different donks in it currently a 6.2 chev diesel coupled to a 4L80E box. It's a great way to spend some QT together. I have 3 little girls, the oldest 2 (4&5) love helping me with any jobs which is really cool. Anyway really neat conversion from what the pics show. Is it pulling your van as well as expected?
Supercharged 6.5L chev diesel GU wagon build thread here:
viewtopic.php?f=187&t=138695

jclures
Avid Poster

Unread post by jclures » July 20th, 2014, 4:20 pm

SparkieKev it works both ways, I help him with his projects and he helps pay for some of mine. :)
So far it seams to be about what I hoped, plenty of low end power.
The bit I am very happy with is engine temps, this has been an issue over several conversions, going back to the 308 I had fitted. Coming home the highest temp the engine got to was 82deg, in the middle of the day, towing up a range.
I still, have a cold start issue to sort, I think it might need to be a richer mix than it is currently is. It takes a couple of cranks to start, but once started it fires as soon as cranked for the rest of the day.

jclures
Avid Poster

Unread post by jclures » September 18th, 2015, 9:45 pm

It has been a while but I am now fitting new springs to the Nisota

The old girl will think all her Christmases have come at once, I have brought new spring packs for the front and rear, plus new shockies, u bolts and shackles.

I am fitting the rear sets in first as these are in the worst order. I am also leaving the airbags as they will still by there when I load the camper on or just caring heavier loads.

As I am building a new camper, when it is built I will need 16” rims for the load ratings, I have decided to add them to the Nisota now as well, Goodyear were selling 4 for the price of 3.
the new rims also have a 28mm offset so this should help as the new spring have a 40mm lift, so the seller told me.

The rears are now done, and they do look a little higher, looking forward to fitting the fronts in now.

Gojeep
Part of the furniture

Unread post by Gojeep » September 19th, 2015, 6:18 pm

Good to see you are still looking after it. :)
You dong a build thread on your camper?
Cheers, Marcus

jclures
Avid Poster

Unread post by jclures » September 19th, 2015, 8:39 pm

Marcus I should do a build thread on the camper, it is going to be slow though.
I have now enough bits to get started, but I need to get a few jobs done first, like getting the new springs under the Nisota.
I have drawn plans for so many campers, I just need to start so I cam make my mind up what I want.
This is where I am at now though,

I will use 600mm actuators to lift the roof,

the plans have evolved as I have worked on them, so they will probably change again before I start.

Gojeep
Part of the furniture

Unread post by Gojeep » September 19th, 2015, 9:03 pm

I think it would be of interest to others as well if you do a thread. Post the link here to it if you do please so I get to see it as only follow my subscribed threads on here.
Cheers, Marcus

dhc4ever
Part of the furniture

Unread post by dhc4ever » September 21st, 2015, 4:49 pm

Ah John, you're back.
It was getting quiet in here with DJR having posted twice in 18 months and Marcus off swanning around the world (again).
No doubt your camper will be as interesting as you've made the old MQ.
Have at it and dont spare the photos.

Cheers

jclures
Avid Poster

Unread post by jclures » September 21st, 2015, 5:42 pm

Over the last couple of days I have been able to get the old front springs of, even though I have greasable shackles and greasable rear fix pins they still were well worn, and the rear ready to be replaced anyhow.
The next job was to remove the Nissan spring hangers, this was not as easy as I first thought. I reinforced the original hangers some time ago, but they now are gone.
To late to change my mind now though.

jclures
Avid Poster

Unread post by jclures » September 22nd, 2015, 8:13 pm

Good day today for me I was able to get the new hangers finished, and as long as my measurements are correct they are now tacked in place.

Return to “Members Rides, Buildups, and Projects”