Building my Nisota

Whether it's your first tourer or a hardcore playtruck, show us your vehicle or what you're building inside, and keep us up to date on your mods as they happen!
jclures
Avid Poster

Re: Building my Nisota

Unread post by jclures » September 25th, 2015, 9:55 pm

I had to change my plans a little today, I brought new u bolts with the new springs, yesterday I find the left side u bolts will not fit. They had the wrong radius and after a bit of effort bending them to fit only find they are also 25mm to short.
So today I went looking for u bolts from the collection we have at hand, and I was able to make up a set.

I have fitted a set of castor wedges in as well, 1deg, I figure they should correct the new shackle height.
I have used Toyota shackles with a shim either side on the spring end. The hanger is 70mm the same as Toyota, and the Nissan springs are 60 mm

Once I fit the bull bar and winch back on the shackles should pass centre, well I hope so anyhow.
I have also fitted new sock absorbers, steering damper and sway bar bushed.

jclures
Avid Poster

Unread post by jclures » October 27th, 2015, 9:26 pm

I have now finished the spring and shackle changes, they I think they look pretty good fitted.

To me it now rides better when four wheel driving for sure, smoother, softer, and nice to drive.
On the road when towing my camper I feel there is push on the corners, I will get it in for a wheel alignment I think, maybe could do with a little more castor. I do have a two deg wedge set if this is what a wheel alignment finds.

I have a problem with the front tyre scrubbing at full lock, it is more to do with the new offset I am running, but this is not a big problem.

As I have been working on the old girl I thought I might bling her up a bit as well.

Presto77
I'm new, be nice!

Unread post by Presto77 » November 11th, 2015, 8:53 pm

Epic build thread! ...I enjoyed every second! :)

jclures
Avid Poster

Unread post by jclures » December 26th, 2015, 10:42 pm

You are welcome Presto77, I probably should stop adding but I guess I have nothing better to do anyhow.
As for the Nisota, I have removed the front castor wedges, I found I was getting to much push into corners, especially with the camper behind me, also I am a little disappointed in the rear spring set, they seam to have sagged already, it could be because of the weight of my Nissan. I have now added some air to the airbags again and this has fixed it for now.
I must say it now rides well though, even on the rough roads.

jclures
Avid Poster

Unread post by jclures » March 31st, 2016, 9:40 pm

I have started my new camper the link to it is here.

http://www.4wdaction.com.au/forum/viewt ... 2#p1827862

jclures
Avid Poster

Unread post by jclures » December 20th, 2018, 9:31 pm

I have been working on the Nisota for the last few days. Nothing major but I need to do a bit on the old girl.
First off I had to fit a new fan belt on her, this then had me thinking what to do, as the belt drives the supercharger as well. With the price difference of 95 to 93 fuel being just under 20c per litre, and already having a map to run STD unleaded fuel I thought I might reduce the boost a little and run this fuel for a bit and see how she preforms.
I changed the supercharger pulley from a 3.1” to a 3.25”, this has reduced the boost but towing the camper on the weekend I found no difference on the road, even going up Windy hill it pulled the camper no trouble.

The other bit I have done is fit a new reversing camera. I have brought a wireless digital receiver, this can run up to four cameras. For now I have one on the nisota and one on the rear of the camper.
I now need to change the back bar arrangement, as I will like to have the camera showing the towbar so it is easy to back up to the camper.
I am also going to a smaller mapping display on the dash, this has igo maps as well as OziExplorer.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

jclures
Avid Poster

Unread post by jclures » April 4th, 2019, 10:04 pm

We went out camping for the weekend, Nisota and Robustus together.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WYwKLdfUU3o

Peter Aawen
Admin

Unread post by Peter Aawen » April 4th, 2019, 10:27 pm

Well that's really showing them off in the right sorta terrain, isn't it?! Lookin' GOOD! :thumb:
An Ex-Service person is someone who thought enough about their country & how great it is, how lucky we are to live here, to write a blank cheque made out to 'The People and Commonwealth of Australia' for the value of 'Up to & including my Life!'

jclures
Avid Poster

Unread post by jclures » April 5th, 2019, 9:15 pm

That is why I put it up on both threads, goes to show, I brought my Nissan in 1996 and it is still doing what I brought it for, getting us out in the bush off the beaten track. :)

Return to “Members Rides, Buildups, and Projects”