Selling the jeep, bought a 60!

Whether it's your first tourer or a hardcore playtruck, show us your vehicle or what you're building inside, and keep us up to date on your mods as they happen!
XJalltheway
Here and there

Selling the jeep, bought a 60!

Unread post by XJalltheway » June 16th, 2016, 1:57 pm

Well, I went and bought a HJ60 yesterday! Original 2H diesel with an aftermarket turbo and aftermarket overdrive, in alpine white. Apart from that it's bog stock. The seller said its in great nick (apart from a bit of rust, and a little sagging). I haven't had a chance to inspect it in person yet, but for $1700 I just had to jump on it before someone else did :D . It's a few hours drive away from me, so next weekend I'll trot down there and drive it back. Until now I've been fixing up an XJ for roadworthy, but fixing one thing on it seems to lead to 5 other things going wrong. I've got a high country trip planned in September, so that'll be a great chance to really put the big bus through its paces. It's currently registered and still driving like a champ. Once I get it I'll go through with some basic stuff and drop and replace all fluids and change the oil, air and fuel filters, and all the belts and hoses. Then roadworthy and rego it in my name, and the fun and mods can begin :cool:

No Fn Idea
Need to get out more

Re: Selling the jeep, bought a 60!

Unread post by No Fn Idea » June 23rd, 2016, 6:13 pm

mmmm 60 series
Great trucks they is
We need to see some pics
2013 Auto LS Challenger with stuff
2011 GIC Offroad CT also with some stuff

XJalltheway
Here and there

Re: Selling the jeep, bought a 60!

Unread post by XJalltheway » June 24th, 2016, 6:01 pm

Yeah, I'm going down to Apollo bay this sunday to drive it back, so you can rest assured that there will be a lots of pics!

Return to “Members Rides, Buildups, and Projects”