My blue BT build

Whether it's your first tourer or a hardcore playtruck, show us your vehicle or what you're building inside, and keep us up to date on your mods as they happen!
Jasonmacd
Getting to know the place

My blue BT build

Unread post by Jasonmacd » May 27th, 2016, 9:22 pm

Hi been stalking forum for to long been meaning to start a build up thread, but haven't got round to it yet. So here goes. I've fitted most of the thing myself except for canopy and lift.

Pre pick up 2012 GT

1st day ready for work

With canopy

Tray slide

Work

Play

With 2 inch lift, RidePro shocks and springs, put in 700 to gvm in rear as carry plenty of gear for work. Put over weigh bridge other day went pretty close to gvm.
RH rear from ground empty
RH rear loaded
Front from ground

Jasonmacd

Re: My blue BT build

Unread post by Jasonmacd » May 27th, 2016, 9:25 pm

Part 2 Electrical.

Duel battery set up Ctek 250s duel and smartpass. Ctek battery check to keep eye on battery condition works by Bluetooth to phone.
ImageImage
Circuit breaker for 2 fuse blocks one in tub and 2nd in rear of car (still to be fitted)

Power in tub
Right rear,2 cig 1 merit
Left rear, 1 cig, 1 merit, 2 usb
From left, 1 merit, 2 usb, 1 Anderson for fridge Waeco cf18
Anderson plug for fridge when on slide

UHF Uniden 8080s with remote mike, powered from add-a-fuse from ignition from fuse block behind glove box, mounted up under glove box on custom bracket made out of nail plate I had lying around to fix fence haha

Custom antenna bracket made out of 50mm x 3mm aluminum

Custom mike bracket made out of 40mm x 3mm aluminum

Now for lights

Camp lights, 6x 10w led flood lights with switch in back of tray

Interior lights, 3x 1m led lights, brighter than day light in need to put dimmer on.

Driving lights 10 inch and 30 inch elcheepo eBay specials, powered through fueled relay in engine bay

Ultra gauge turned up today just sitting on dash at min will post picks when fitted.

Jasonmacd

Unread post by Jasonmacd » May 27th, 2016, 9:27 pm

Part 3 camping set up

Drop down table, made from piece of laminate and 2 shelf brackets and a short length of chain.

Shelf over fridge and pantry box, still to be covered in marine carpet

Still to be fitted, rhino roof platform, Adventure Kings 2.5x2.5 awning, Adventure Kings roof top tent. Heading to Ayres Rock via the flinders and oonadadatta track and Simpson desert returning through the east and west macdonnell ranges from the end of June start of July so will have to get a hurry on fitting.

Jasonmacd

Unread post by Jasonmacd » May 27th, 2016, 9:29 pm

Ultragauge us shown up very happy with it. Still tweeking gauge set up.
ImageImageImage

Jasonmacd

Unread post by Jasonmacd » May 27th, 2016, 9:32 pm

Just got my rhino platform fitted. Now need to refit lights, fit awning and another ladder rack. Test fitKings roof top tent and swag. And get a flexible solar panel to go on front to run the Ctek.

Jasonmacd

Unread post by Jasonmacd » May 27th, 2016, 9:34 pm

Just rewired uhf to run off accessories used add a circuit to fuse box in engine bay the one with red fuse. Now uhf turns on when door opens if key not put in turns off after abou 5 mins. Also got cig plug under dash running same way so gps turns on and off. Image

Return to “Members Rides, Buildups, and Projects”