1991 toyota 4 runner vzn130r

Whether it's your first tourer or a hardcore playtruck, show us your vehicle or what you're building inside, and keep us up to date on your mods as they happen!
ltd_v8
Here and there

1991 toyota 4 runner vzn130r

Unread post by ltd_v8 » April 27th, 2016, 12:08 pm

Hi my name is ray i been on the forum for a bit now and thought it was time to post up my 4wd i swapped my immaculate ford fairlane v8 for this 4 runner and have done a little bit since then i will let the pic tell you the story

when i first got it

i have not decided on which wheels i want to put on it yet the sunrays or the 80 series chrome wheels both are 15inch i want 32 at tyres on it the 4runner is 16inch

and what i have done to it so far

ltd_v8
Here and there

Re: 1991 toyota 4 runner vzn130r

Unread post by ltd_v8 » April 27th, 2016, 12:10 pm

ltd_v8
Here and there

Unread post by ltd_v8 » April 27th, 2016, 12:13 pm

and then me and my mate with my son and his sons done a 3 day trip exploring from jenolan caves to wombeyan caves

ltd_v8
Here and there

Unread post by ltd_v8 » April 27th, 2016, 12:14 pm

ltd_v8
Here and there

Unread post by ltd_v8 » April 27th, 2016, 12:16 pm

and the end of our journey

ltd_v8
Here and there

Unread post by ltd_v8 » May 1st, 2016, 6:45 pm

31x10.5 15inch

ltd_v8
Here and there

Unread post by ltd_v8 » October 31st, 2016, 9:01 am

so far in the 8months of owning it i have done

Extractors and 2inch exhaust
31x10.5 with 15inch land cruiser rims
Cb
23inch led bar
Sca spotties
Roof basket
Kings awning
Auto xs 9500 ibs winch
2inch lift with rear 80 series land cruiser shocks
Rear draws
Full set of fusion 6inch splits and 6x9 and alpine hu
New balls joints
Upper a arm bushes done
White line sway bar bushes done
New diac rotors and bearings
rear draws
new idler arm
i got the camber/caster wheel alignment done

i haven't decided if i want to go double din with gps or a new head unit

i will be removing the 9inch spotties and putting in a 20inch led light bar because the super cheap auto ones arent doing the job but for $10 i can't complain

this pic was taken at morisset at ward 21

this pic is at home but i just added abit of life back into the paint with a buff

this pic was taken at zig zag

Brett Mcleod
Here and there

Unread post by Brett Mcleod » November 2nd, 2016, 5:16 pm

looking good, love the old mines out that way, used to go visit my uncle at Dog Rocks & explore the old buildings & mines in the middle of the pine Forrest.

ltd_v8
Here and there

Unread post by ltd_v8 » January 22nd, 2017, 5:32 pm

only thing left to do is lower control arms with new rubber bushes i was going to go with superpro but i have been told that its not a great idea when going of road so i have sourced new bushes for half the cost of superpro

rubber bushes set of 4 for lower control arms $56
superpro lower control arm bushes $189 set of 2 x $378

my mate got a brand new engel fridge freezer like this one and works very good http://www.engelaustralia.com.au/upload ... t-530b.jpg for free thats never been used and has the manuals and box we have decided to mount it in the back of the 4runner only because he needs the 8 seats in his 80 series so his space is very limited

we are going camping up the blue mountains next week a place called the beach its just a little river we have been there before for a picinic so my kids and his tribe will have a awesome 4 day long weekend

ltd_v8
Here and there

Unread post by ltd_v8 » January 22nd, 2017, 5:35 pm

also picked myself up a rfi cd2195 so all i need is the cell phone booster and i should be able to pick up stronger cell phone coverage anywhere

BigDutchy
Need to get out more

Unread post by BigDutchy » January 22nd, 2017, 9:47 pm

Hi mate

I had to "google" to find out what a rfi cd2195 was.....It's a 6.5dBi 3G Bullbar Mobile Antenna. Well that's what I cut and pasted from a website.
Anyway you now need a booster I understand.
How does this all work and how much improvement does it offer?

Cheers

Peter Aawen
Admin

Unread post by Peter Aawen » January 22nd, 2017, 11:04 pm

ltd_v8 wrote:..... i should be able to pick up stronger cell phone coverage anywhere
Except maybe not from the bottom of any of those deep gullies up in the Blue Mountains!! Telephone & UHF signals are basically 'line of sight!' :boggle:

Get behind a big hill or way down in a deep gully & even a Sat Phone probably won't work!! :( But if you can still see the sky you can still usually bounce an HF signal off the ionosphere & get an HF signal out to someone!! And if you've got a good enough antenna, you might even be able to drag in a return signal!! I've worked Charters Towers on the HF with a Super Rod antenna well enough to arrange an ambulance to meet us from deep inside a deep gully in the Mountains when none of the telephones would work at all! :)
An Ex-Service person is someone who thought enough about their country & how great it is, how lucky we are to live here, to write a blank cheque made out to 'The People and Commonwealth of Australia' for the value of 'Up to & including my Life!'

ltd_v8
Here and there

Unread post by ltd_v8 » April 8th, 2017, 10:11 pm

i thought it could, so what else could i use the Ariel for i got it for free from a guy at work i still haven't tested it out atm its bolted on my bullbar for looks

Peter Aawen
Admin

Unread post by Peter Aawen » April 9th, 2017, 10:26 am

With the correct booster, it should certainly help with signal reception; but nothing much short of satellite or HF is gonna catch a signal or bounce one out off the ionoshere once you get into the deep gullies in the Blue Mountains or Vic High Country - and since most of the satellites for this sort of signal are either over the equator or the poles, you might not even be able to catch one of them!!

All 'radio' type signals (telephones, television, HF, CB 27meg, CB UHF, etc) travel in pretty much straight lines, except some (HF & CB 27meg et al) will sometimes bounce off different levels of the ionosphere & 'skip' further around the world to give you greater range. Telephone signals don't skip - not yet anyway; which is why they are effectively 'line of sight', even satellite phones work on 'line of sight'! So when you are down in the deep gullies and you can only get a straight 'line of sight' out to see a small quadrant of sky almost immediately above - and if there aren't any telephone towers or even satellites in that little patch of sky, you ain't gonna be talkin to anyone!! :boggle:

So your freeby antenna is STILL a good score, & it WILL help your reception once you've got the correct booster - it'll probably push your 'range' out to about 30-40km instead of its current 15-20 max, just cos the stronger signal will spray out from the higher antenna more than a weaker signal will from a lower antenna, & someone/thing just over the physical horizon will then be able to pick up enough useable signal from that stronger spray to actually work to your advantage - except when the signal is blocked by hills, buildings, enough trees, a car body.... you should get the picture now anyhow. ;)
An Ex-Service person is someone who thought enough about their country & how great it is, how lucky we are to live here, to write a blank cheque made out to 'The People and Commonwealth of Australia' for the value of 'Up to & including my Life!'

ltd_v8
Here and there

Unread post by ltd_v8 » April 12th, 2017, 12:57 pm

cheers pete it is very helpful

well bit of a update i have sorted the wiring out i now have rear cig lighter for my engel 29l fridge/freezer , my mate, mate just gave it to him brand new still in the box and manuals never used and now it lives in the back of the 4runner so i just claimed it even though its my mates :D and plus he needs to use the full 8 seats in his 80 series so no room anyways and there is no chance of me and him ever breaking up cause our wifes have been friends for 20 years

http://www.engelaustralia.com.au/2produ ... ctid=21402

im also getting the exhaust sorted out next week to have the o2 sensor moved back so it can see the full 6 cylinders instead of 3 hence why im getting ***** fuel econmy

my steering box started to leak really bad so i got other 1 has 2mm play but my original steering box still feels tight so that will be getting rebuilt and put back on when i have the time and money

other thing i have noticed on the runner is that the new uni joint that i put on shat itself within 5months so im disappointed about that and i think the tail shaft is unbalanced as well so thats getting replaced with a 2nd hand one next week aswell

so the school holidays are near and we are going back to the best camping spot ever..newnes camping ground so while we are there we are going to the glow worm tunnels and visiting the old ruins can't wait only 4 weeks to go for holidays can't wait

getting my 4runner preped and cleaned and doing some maintance making sure everything works

you can also see mine and my mates 4wd facebook pages of the places we have visited so far and there is plenty more years to come :D
https://www.facebook.com/Dr4wdadventures/

Return to “Members Rides, Buildups, and Projects”