Another 60 another project

Whether it's your first tourer or a hardcore playtruck, show us your vehicle or what you're building inside, and keep us up to date on your mods as they happen!
Neat 60
Part of the furniture

Re: Another 60 another project

Unread post by Neat 60 » March 24th, 2017, 3:15 am

Wow has it been that long? I ended up converting to manual and haven't looked back :D
20170226-DSC_1780-PanoRaw.JPG
20170226-DSC_1790Raw.JPG
IMG_9384.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

BigDutchy
Need to get out more

Unread post by BigDutchy » March 26th, 2017, 10:44 am

100% awesome!
Is that Billy Goat?

Would you need a locker to do that one?

Peter Aawen
Admin

Unread post by Peter Aawen » March 26th, 2017, 1:23 pm

Pretty sure it's not Billy Goat BigD, that one looks more like Blue Rag?! :confused:

As for needing a locker to do it, it's not really something that's absolutely necessary, altho it certainly might make it a little easier/safer! ;)

Just remember that pretty much all the vehicle tracks we drive these days were pioneered by vehicles that only had open diffs (& often were just 2WD too!!) - the people driving those simply hadta work a bit harder & took somewhat longer to drive them! :thumb:
An Ex-Service person is someone who thought enough about their country & how great it is, how lucky we are to live here, to write a blank cheque made out to 'The People and Commonwealth of Australia' for the value of 'Up to & including my Life!'

BigDutchy
Need to get out more

Unread post by BigDutchy » March 26th, 2017, 5:07 pm

Looks awesome what ever it is. Delica country?

Peter Aawen
Admin

Unread post by Peter Aawen » March 26th, 2017, 6:29 pm

Delica Country?? Could be - I took my L300 van all thru there (altho it DID have a rear locker! :D) Nothing you couldn't manage with a bit of care, altho some of the steep downhill bits might have your rear wheels in the air if you squeeze the brakes too hard!! :eek: And taking it out that way will either pretty quickly teach you how to get drive & brake to get the best from them, or it'll scare you so much that you'll never take it off road again!!

But it is generally only 'scare' - I've never seen one flip end over on a hill (flop sideways... now that's a different matter, but nothing to worry most?!) but I've often seen them (& driven them) down steep hills with the rear wheels a few feet in the air!! You soon realise that ALL their weight is up front/over the front wheels, & even packing all the camping gear right up the back won't out weigh that engine! :purplex:
An Ex-Service person is someone who thought enough about their country & how great it is, how lucky we are to live here, to write a blank cheque made out to 'The People and Commonwealth of Australia' for the value of 'Up to & including my Life!'

Neat 60
Part of the furniture

Unread post by Neat 60 » March 27th, 2017, 7:15 am

First two images are Blue Rag and the last is Mt Stirling looking out towards Mt Cobbler (Indian Head)

BD a locker is not required on Blue Rag. It was graded in 2013 and is nothing like it used to be, it's showing small signs though so give it a few more years. A locker also not required on Billy Goat in the dry, just careful wheel placement. If it's wet or snow a locker would help.

Return to “Members Rides, Buildups, and Projects”