My 89 HJ75 ute tourer project

Whether it's your first tourer or a hardcore playtruck, show us your vehicle or what you're building inside, and keep us up to date on your mods as they happen!
Brett Mcleod
Here and there

Re: My 89 HJ75 ute tourer project

Unread post by Brett Mcleod » May 28th, 2017, 7:17 pm

thanks Peter, looking forward to getting it out, I won't be working too many more weekends once its done :)

Brett Mcleod
Here and there

Unread post by Brett Mcleod » May 29th, 2017, 8:09 pm

Got the old girl out today so i could clean the shed up a bit and find all my tools, turned it around so i can work on it easier,
next on the list is to sheet the roof and mount the solar panels, make the rear wheel mount & jerry can holders,
fit the airbags, lift the tray, paint the tray, install new cab mounts, will adjust the HID's once i fit the bags...still a lot of things to do but its getting closer :)
Last edited by Brett Mcleod on July 25th, 2017, 10:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Brett Mcleod
Here and there

Unread post by Brett Mcleod » June 4th, 2017, 8:47 pm

Got the flares on, worked all weekend, got half a day at work tomorrow then i am taking the rest of the week off to work on the cruiser :)
also working out where to mount the spare wheel and jerry cans, got one spare hanging from the rafters while i work out some bracing and brackets :)
Last edited by Brett Mcleod on July 6th, 2017, 11:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Brett Mcleod
Here and there

Unread post by Brett Mcleod » July 6th, 2017, 11:15 pm

looks like i have a lot of editing to do here on this forum as well, as most of you already know photobucket is demanding $399.99 a year to restore 3rd party hosted images to forums, blogs websites ect & simply put i can not afford the $39.99 per month they are asking, so over the coming weeks i am hoping to remove all the broken PB photo thumbs and replace those photos using a different source, hopefully i can start working on this asap so that my thread is not just another build thread without pics, its a pita as i have lost over 12 years of pictures i had on my Photobucket & most of them were 3rd party hosted on various forums, the latest PB drama is because people are downloading there images from photobucket back onto there pc's then closing there PB accounts PB has decided to block the downloads so i am unable to recover a lot of my photos, but i am lucky that i had almost all of my photos backed up on other devices so i will be able to replace all of the broken PB links, its just going to take a couple of weeks for me to get everything back up, anyway, I will still be around here & will keep my thread updated for those who have been following my build.
best barnsey.

Peter Aawen
Admin

Unread post by Peter Aawen » July 6th, 2017, 11:23 pm

It is a pita, isn't it?!? :urgh: But there's lotsa forum threads all over the place looking pretty odd atm, not just here!! Altho we are lucky enough to have some really good build threads posted here with their pics hosted here as well, so not all of them are suddenly filled with those bloody grey boxes! :petrified:

Just remember to gimme a yell if you reckon there's anything I can help you with here on this Forum. I'm sure I'm not alone in wanting to see the rest of this one! :thumb:
An Ex-Service person is someone who thought enough about their country & how great it is, how lucky we are to live here, to write a blank cheque made out to 'The People and Commonwealth of Australia' for the value of 'Up to & including my Life!'

Brett Mcleod
Here and there

Unread post by Brett Mcleod » July 6th, 2017, 11:33 pm

yeah, i have been fixing up another forum and thought i could just copy everything over from there to here as i do them but just discovered that i have to manually resize all of the photos before i can post them here, pb used to resize for me, so now i am resizing as well as editing lol :) just fixed one post so i only have 3 pages left to fix here :)

Brett Mcleod
Here and there

Unread post by Brett Mcleod » July 25th, 2017, 10:54 pm

couple of updates,
I have temporarily restored all the earlier PB photo links by editing in a Hack i found so all of my photos are now showing, i am not sure how long the hack will last so i will save all those photos and resize them & re upload and post using a different host as soon as i get time, but for now all the dead pb links are restored :)
I have installed the boss airbags to the back & am happy with how easy they were to install and the results, they have raised the rear by 2" using only 35psi of pressure, the bags are rated from 0psi to 150psi & no more than 200psi

Brett Mcleod
Here and there

Unread post by Brett Mcleod » July 25th, 2017, 11:01 pm

installed the insulation in the roof ready to clad in aluminum, also insulated both canopy doors :)

Brett Mcleod
Here and there

Unread post by Brett Mcleod » August 28th, 2017, 8:10 pm

Got home from work early so i prepped & painted my tray, another thing on my to do list out of the way. :)
will upload some pics when i resize them to comply with this forum.
Brett

Brett Mcleod
Here and there

Unread post by Brett Mcleod » September 24th, 2017, 10:15 pm

Finally got the old girl out of the shed, gave it a quick tub & went for a bit of a cruise out towards Mudgee to get my start battery charged up again as it was low from sitting around the shed for around 12 months, the 4 x 60 watt solar panels were working great in overcast conditions, i need to read over all the redarc bms instuctions so i can get familiar with how everything works but so far so good :) truck drove really nice, might even take it somewhere for a shakedown next weekend camping somewhere to test out all the canopy power fridge lights bms etc :) still need to make the spare wheel mount & jerry can holders then hook up the 240v wiring, ( will go see an electrician tomorrow, then i can clad the rear of the canopy and finish it off, but for now its derivable & usable :)

Brett Mcleod
Here and there

Unread post by Brett Mcleod » October 4th, 2017, 1:38 pm

mounted the 4 x 60 watt solar panels.

Brett Mcleod
Here and there

Unread post by Brett Mcleod » October 4th, 2017, 1:53 pm

finished the spare wheel carrier.

Brett Mcleod
Here and there

Unread post by Brett Mcleod » October 26th, 2017, 3:54 pm

Had a few days off this week & decided to get my truck out & test it out for a few days to sort out any bugs, everything went well, found a few things i need to do like building a table or work station for prepping food etc, changing some of the led ligh to yellow to reduce the bugs at night, and i still need to hook up my water tank so i don't need to carry water in containers, I will be making some jerry can or fuel can holders on the rear left & wiring the 240 inlet circutes before cladding the rear of the canopy in alloy sheet,

here are a few pics from my camping trip, all pics and videos were taken on my mobile phone & just chucked together for a quick video, i will make sure i record the next trip a little better & put a better video together, this one is just a learning curve for me :)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zCBVpVMX6I0

Brett Mcleod
Here and there

Unread post by Brett Mcleod » November 17th, 2017, 7:23 am

cbd
Here and there

Unread post by cbd » November 17th, 2017, 6:59 pm

G'day Brett
Well done that's a real credit to you.
Thanks also for taking the time to go back and insert new pics instead of the failed PB pics. The photo bucket thing has gutted a few forums
Thanks dave

Return to “Members Rides, Buildups, and Projects”