My 89 HJ75 ute tourer project

Whether it's your first tourer or a hardcore playtruck, show us your vehicle or what you're building inside, and keep us up to date on your mods as they happen!
Animal89
Here and there

Re: My 89 HJ75 ute tourer project

Unread post by Animal89 » July 24th, 2018, 2:32 am

yeah i had insulation in my k260 patrol and i must say that it was doing the job :D

Brett Mcleod
Here and there

Unread post by Brett Mcleod » July 26th, 2018, 9:07 pm

got my amp & rear speakers mounted, not much room behind the seats so this is what i came up with
speaker box surround made & mounted

Peter Aawen
Admin

Unread post by Peter Aawen » July 27th, 2018, 12:01 am

Hey Brett, if you are ever planning on doing any water crossings, or maybe even just going wherewater crossings might bed called for, maybe you should put a little water-proofing around the speaker boxes & the amp.... neither work well half filled with water!! :purplex:

Looking bloody good tho! :thumb:
An Ex-Service person is someone who thought enough about their country & how great it is, how lucky we are to live here, to write a blank cheque made out to 'The People and Commonwealth of Australia' for the value of 'Up to & including my Life!'

cuzza_wa
Been here a while

Unread post by cuzza_wa » July 27th, 2018, 4:56 pm

Peter Aawen wrote:
July 27th, 2018, 12:01 am

He's right! it looks the biz!
Brett, Are you in the upholstery business mate or what - super envious of your re-covering skills. I might need to ask you a few questions on how you did the doors. :drink:

Brett Mcleod
Here and there

Unread post by Brett Mcleod » July 27th, 2018, 11:49 pm

lol, i'm a floor sander cuzza_wa :)
when i did the door trims they looked a bit plain so i made the extra bits as an after thought, the door trims are the original ones recovered & the extra pieces are just mdf, I coated them in left over polyurethane from one of my jobs to seal the mdf from moisture before covering them in vinyl, they were pretty easy to mount to the door trims, they are glued to the trim & stapled from behind.

Brett Mcleod
Here and there

Unread post by Brett Mcleod » July 28th, 2018, 12:01 am

Peter Aawen wrote:
July 27th, 2018, 12:01 am
Hey Brett, if you are ever planning on doing any water crossings, or maybe even just going wherewater crossings might bed called for, maybe you should put a little water-proofing around the speaker boxes & the amp.... neither work well half filled with water!! :purplex:

thanks Peter,
not really planning on any deep water crossings but if i happen to come across one that i really need to cross i can remove the whole lot in one piece by undoing two 9/16 nuts & bolts and chuck it in the canopy :)
I wanted to mount it all higher in the cab but would have had to leave my seats forward in the cab another 6" the way i have it all mounted now allows me to have the seats as far back as they go without fouling on the amp & speakers, i really wanted to mount the amp flat on the floor but never had the room behind the seats to do that unless i moved my seats as far forward as they would go, not very nice to drive like that for long periods, i like to stretch my legs on long trips :)

Brett Mcleod
Here and there

Unread post by Brett Mcleod » August 5th, 2018, 7:58 pm

finished cutting the front half of the new carpet in & finished off making my $6 floor console, just need my new grey steering wheel to arrive & finish off a few other bit & pieces, handbrake, switch knobs etc

Return to “Members Rides, Buildups, and Projects”