StirlSilver's V8 Twin Turbo Land Rover Project

Whether it's your first tourer or a hardcore playtruck, show us your vehicle or what you're building inside, and keep us up to date on your mods as they happen!
BigDutchy
Need to get out more

Re: StirlSilver's V8 Twin Turbo Land Rover Project

Unread post by BigDutchy » July 17th, 2015, 6:18 pm

To that first illustration is as clear as the manual below..... :lol:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

stirlsilver
Here and there

Unread post by stirlsilver » July 19th, 2015, 11:43 pm

BigDutchy wrote:To that first illustration is as clear as the manual below..... :lol:
Nothing but lines from point A to point B... A lot of lines...

So onto progress.

I quickly checked to see if the Oil coolers would in fact fit in the space I found in the 3D model, thankfully they did. After this they were put back in their boxes to be fitted later..

Image[/url]

Image[/url]

I pulled the transfer case off the 4HP22 so that I can send the auto box down to AB Automatics in exchange for my modified box that is waiting for delivery. The transfer case came off pretty easily which was nice.

Image[/url]

Image[/url]

The pallet with the old auto box ready to go.
Image[/url]

Painting of the engine bay and spring perches completed. Time to start putting things into the engine bay :D
Image[/url]

Image[/url]

Image[/url]

I purchased a schneider IP68 electrical enclosure along with 3 sets of Delphi 22 way bulk head connectors and a water proof USB connector.
Image[/url]

Image[/url]

You can't quite make out the connectors, but they look like this.

The sizing of the Schneider enclosure couldn't have been anymore perfect, just a little bit of trimming on the seat base and it slid in nicely.
Image[/url]

Image[/url]

A quick trial fit up of the ECU and injector driver in the box.
Image[/url]

I had to do some modifications to the ECU, a set of wires to enable CAN communication (I need to add on another board for more sensor inputs... I rant out in the ECU!) The other modification was for me to scavenge the last two analogue inputs available on the ECU, I had to put in some resistors and capacitors to condition the signals which is why wires are running all over the place.

Image[/url]

Finally, I bought a 0-0.5MPa oil pressure sensor off ebay, after having to re-tap the thread (it was the wrong thread) I fitted it and then re-wired up the ECU onto the test engine to make sure everything still worked and that my new oil pressure sensor worked!
Image[/url]

Image[/url]

This week I did realise one thing, all the testing I have done is with the test engine without any load. I'm sure there will be a lot of adjustment necessary to the ECU to make the engine run properly in the car with load, and I think constant idling of the new engine while I do the adjustments will glaze the bores quickly ruining it. I think I'll need to temporarily fit the test engine into the car and tune the ECU with it. Then when all is finalized, fit the new engine. I can't think of any other way? Or... does someone have an engine dyno?? :angel:

stirlsilver
Here and there

Unread post by stirlsilver » January 12th, 2016, 4:36 pm

Hi again everyone, I've been a bit slack with the updates. Here is a video I shot last weekend summarizing the latest progress. 23 minutes, interest in V8's and Land Rovers recommended :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tbENDMHp83M

A couple of progress shots as well:

BigDutchy
Need to get out more

Unread post by BigDutchy » January 12th, 2016, 9:44 pm

Great built and great skills.
Will keep an eye out for the next installment.
Cheers

99disco
Here and there

Unread post by 99disco » February 21st, 2016, 10:52 pm

Loving the build mate. I might have missed it somewhere but what box and engine are you putting in?

Return to “Members Rides, Buildups, and Projects”